Moonroof delete option no long available? - Page 3 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Is a moonroof delete available under the "Individual" program????

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER 'the company that made the OE part" or.... 'A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label,"

OEM is NOT WHAT YOU BUY AT THE DEALER.

Don't believe me? Read:

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2017, 06:11 AM
Winding up the M235xi

Mein Auto: 2015 M235xi / 2005 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest240 View Post
That quote was actually in reference to the loss of the adaptive cruise control option from even being a possibility in all M240i's, one of numerous features I mentioned that you may have difficulty getting due to packages, missing options, etc. I sympathize with everyone not being able to get what they want, including a moonroof delete option. Hopefully they didn't take it away from those who don't want one.
Often times, it's because the configuration of the option you chose precludes the other from being added. My guess would be that the reconfiguration of the nose of the car to accomodate the extra radiators in the 240i and the track-package 230i creates an incompatibility with a sensor needed for ACC.

Prior 40 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette / 1981 Subaru GL wagon 4WD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion / 2009 BMW 335i xDrive E92
Old 11-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Novice driver

Mein Auto: 2014 320i ZSP ZMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Is a moonroof delete available under the "Individual" program????
No. AFAIK, the BMW Individual program isn't available with F22/F23 cars at all.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYP 9R6 View Post

She says something to the effect of "Perhaps the dealer made a mistake?" I said no, he didn't, as I watched his screen as he did it, and as a matter of fact I have a printout from your computer system that shows the car with status of 176 - Workshop Exit and the ZDM moonroof delete code is intact.

She looks a the sheet, looks at the moonroof and says, "Let me check with my colleagues." While she's doing this, I check the rest of the car and it matches my build. As I know it takes 10 days for Leipzig to build a car, I'm either going to have to take this one, or the ED will be a bust.

She comes back from the desk and says, "Is this okay?"

I respond not really, but it's not as if I have a choice.
So you were there, at the mothership, and didnt get an explanation?!?

I would have said:

Give me a car to drive, and

Build my car right and ship that home.

or they explain why they cant

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER 'the company that made the OE part" or.... 'A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label,"

Don't believe me? Read:

Old 11-08-2017, 03:31 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
At the mothership

"Is this okay?" is the only explanation I received at BMW Welt.

Note that you sign for the car before you see it, though I suppose you could get it backed out, if you wanted. In my case, had I refused the car, all the money and plans spent on ED would have been blown, plus I didn't have alternate transportation to return to Frankfurt for the flight home.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:50 AM
Winding up the M235xi

Mein Auto: 2015 M235xi / 2005 Tacoma
Quote:
In my case, had I refused the car, all the money and plans spent on ED would have been blown, plus I didn't have alternate transportation to return to Frankfurt for the flight home.
Well, no. There have been a number of ED delivery issues that have come up over the years in the ED forum. BMW always seems to have worked to make it right.

The answer you should have provided was "No, it's not OK. It needs to be corrected or replaced and sent to my dealer. And I need a car to drive while I'm here." They would have provided you with a car and the correct car would have shown up at your dealer in a few months.

Prior 40 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette / 1981 Subaru GL wagon 4WD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion / 2009 BMW 335i xDrive E92
Old 11-08-2017, 08:15 AM

Mein Auto: '17 F22, 15 E84, '02 R53
I tried playing with the config when building a car on the website. I could not find a way to moonroof delete. This will probably mean I'll buy my 17 M240i at the end of the lease as I have no desire for a moonroof in any car that is specifically mine. Most unfortunate because I would have gotten another M240i exactly the same way just for the LCI updates.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:17 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw M240
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGTI View Post
I tried playing with the config when building a car on the website. I could not find a way to moonroof delete. This will probably mean I'll buy my 17 M240i at the end of the lease as I have no desire for a moonroof in any car that is specifically mine. Most unfortunate because I would have gotten another M240i exactly the same way just for the LCI updates.

As stated previously, moonroof delete is still an option. Itís just not on the website just like not all wheel options are on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 11-08-2017, 08:26 AM

Mein Auto: '17 F22, 15 E84, '02 R53
Thank you - I seem to have missed that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw240xi18 View Post
As stated previously, moonroof delete is still an option. Itís just not on the website just like not all wheel options are on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 11-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 328i M-Sport
These stories are disappointing. Any idea why BMW NA would do this?

Given that people are still accepting their cars, it looks like BMW NA would be disincentivized from changing their behavior, but the question remains as to why they are doing this.

2015 328i / M Sport / Alpine White / Coral Red / 4 DR / 6 MT / Rear Camera + PDC / Xenons / DHP / 73K+ Miles / Bought 10-30-2014
Old 11-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
"Is this okay?" is the only explanation I received at BMW Welt.

Note that you sign for the car before you see it, though I suppose you could get it backed out, if you wanted. In my case, had I refused the car, all the money and plans spent on ED would have been blown, plus I didn't have alternate transportation to return to Frankfurt for the flight home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Well, no. There have been a number of ED delivery issues that have come up over the years in the ED forum. BMW always seems to have worked to make it right.

The answer you should have provided was "No, it's not OK. It needs to be corrected or replaced and sent to my dealer. And I need a car to drive while I'm here." They would have provided you with a car and the correct car would have shown up at your dealer in a few months.
My point exactly.

You already knew there was an issue, Id have refused to sign.

They didnt build as promised. There have been multiple people who have had EDs go as I stated- loaner car and rebuild.

Jet lag, foreign country, dont want to be 'that American'... not sure of your rights...lots of compounding issues.

I am posting this so others will be informed- water under the bridge for you, I realize

Don't believe me? Read:

Last edited by ard; 11-08-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:41 PM

Mein Auto: M240i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
These stories are disappointing. Any idea why BMW NA would do this?

Given that people are still accepting their cars, it looks like BMW NA would be disincentivized from changing their behavior, but the question remains as to why they are doing this.
Although people are accepting the cars with moonroofs, in my case and at least one or two others, the dealer provided some type of compensation to get the buyer to agree to accept the car with the moonroof. I would think that the dealers would have sought some kind of reimbursement from BMW NA or would at least have raised enough of a stink to motivate BMW NA not to screw this up.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: C7 Corvette Mini CooperF5
Apparently, cars sold in the UK can be ordered w/o the moon-roof. Of course, in their case, they have to pay extra for it...so maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:05 AM

Mein Auto: C7 Corvette Mini CooperF5
Sooooo. has anyone in the USA ordered a 2018 2'er w/ a moon-roof delete and got it w/o a moon-roof?

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search