I feel like... - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
I feel like...

...Iím behind the times. I dropped Gerhardt off at the dealer last night so he could get his gauge cluster software updated today. It was supposed to be done the day after thanksgiving but some of the techs didnít show up for work!! The dealership provided me with a loaner, a 320i with an automatic. I had to have someone help me get the tranny out of park!!! Now I remember why I bought a car with a 6 speed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2017, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: C7 Corvette Mini CooperF5

Funny you mentioned this. Our first experience test driving a BMW was very similar. The salesman, couldn't go with us for a test drive so he gave me the keys and said have fun. Started the car and could not pull out of the parking spot. Each time I moved the shift level all I got was a "Ding!". Finally lucked out and held the side button as I moved the lever.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:38 AM

Mein Auto:
I asked an attendant in the area. He nicely told me how to work the shifter. Who ever designed it should be sent back to Audi, along with the engineer who designed the CCV on the M54 engine. Both suck, though the M54 CCV for only 25k miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2017, 07:52 AM

Mein Auto: C7 Corvette Mini CooperF5
Now that I'm accustom to it, I don't mind at all. May even prevent an auto theft, with the "perp" running away in frustration.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:24 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Now that I'm accustom to it, I don't mind at all. May even prevent an auto theft, with the "perp" running away in frustration.
I've heard that since so few manual cars are sold in the US most "thieves" can drive a stick. Good! I wonder if my insurance company will give me discount? HAHA!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search