Track Handling Package - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:36 PM

Mein Auto: S60 R
Track Handling Package

Does anyone know if the Track Handling Package is only a special order item? I've spoken with a few dealers in the LA-OC area who say they can't locate any 440i Gran Coupes with the Track Handling Package within existing inventory.

Ideally am looking for a 440i GC with M Sport Package/Premium Package/Track Handling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i
Because it's not a popular option, and dealers don't want to end up with an overpriced lot bunny that the walk-on, impulse buyers don't want to buy. Dealers are allowed to order THP on their cars for inventory. They just don't want to.

BMW lets, even encourages you to factory order the exact car you want. This time of year, it'd take about 12 weeks to get a car from Germany.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:45 PM

Thanks Autoputzer, that makes sense. After doing a little more reading, it seems the key feature of the track handling package would be the adaptive suspension, which I'm inquiring to see how common that is as a stand alone option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2017, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverichly View Post
Thanks Autoputzer, that makes sense. After doing a little more reading, it seems the key feature of the track handling package would be the adaptive suspension, which I'm inquiring to see how common that is as a stand alone option.
Not super common either, for the same reason. people walking in to buy bmws off the street usually dont want to pay for options they dont understand, and suspension options fit that bill.

My opinion on this is, BMW dealers know that the type of buyer who wants an adaptive suspension (or track package) is also likely looking for other SPECIFIC options, so they figure you will order one (which as autoputzer said is very common for BMW).

Consider ordering one.

If you are buying used, you might find one but it is likely going to be an ordered car that was lease returned.
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 12-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Novice driver

Mein Auto: 2014 320i ZSP ZMT
Welcome to Bimmerfest liverichly! Autoputzer and jjrandorin always have good answers, and their responses in this thread are right on.

Bimmerfest supporting member MJBrown62's dealership, BMW Seattle, has at least a couple 2018 440i Gran Coupe cars with M Sport Package & Track Handling Package in their new car inventory.

Here's one with xDrive:

And another with RWD and some M Performance accessories:
Old 12-07-2017, 09:58 PM

Thanks for the additional input jjrandorin and inventory information gkr778. The portfolio manager was able to locate one with the Adaptive M Suspension but no Track Handling Package, that may be the winner.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i
The adaptive suspension is a worthwhile option, especially on the heavier 6-cylinder cars. Allows you to go from comfy cruiser to corner-carving fun mode at the push of a button.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:04 AM

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sure_mac View Post
The adaptive suspension is a worthwhile option, especially on the heavier 6-cylinder cars. Allows you to go from comfy cruiser to corner-carving fun mode at the push of a button.
Oh yeah, its worth looking for in my book.
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search