e90 335d reliability update - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 12-07-2017, 03:32 PM

Mein Auto: Red Honda Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by montr View Post
Here is the BMW reimbursement program. You just enter you VIN and it will list the extended warranties applicable to your car.
http://www.bmw-rp.com/production/isg...bmw_portal.nsf

yup this is helpful. i called corporate and they say that they will cover it IF only that your CEL is on and pertain to those specific problems. they told me that they wont even cover it or upgrade it or replace it if nothing wrong with them. im amazed sometimes because isnt much better to replace those faulty items now when its not a problem than waiting for it to be a problem ? i guess thats just my train of thoughts moving. i always replace and upgrade maintainance on the weaknesses of the 335d even if its not a problem yet. i dont usually wait until the problem or much more damage to other components happen then make the repair. i guess thats why my 2011 335d have been good to me all these years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2017, 04:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_dot_com View Post
wow so bmw extended warranty will cover the NOx sensors, and DEF tanks to 10yr/120k ? thats a really good source to know for me. i never had to replace or have any of those components go out on me yet (knock on wood) but im glad you mention this ! i apologize in advance but are the source and info for reals ? im going to reach out to corporate and see what they can tell me about all this. thank you tho. very helpful.
Yes this is for real. I had my SCR tank replaced in 2016, and when that specific part got the warranty extension mid-2017, I submitted for reimbursement with my receipts and got a check from BMW, no problem. Now that I'm possibly having issues with the NOx sensors, I'm hoping the dealer will also fix them per the extended warranty.

We didn't buy a general extended warranty on the car though. The more I read these forums, the more I realize all the things that can go wrong with the 335d. Is it worth it to buy that warranty?
Old 12-08-2017, 09:59 PM

Mein Auto: Red Honda Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta335d View Post
Yes this is for real. I had my SCR tank replaced in 2016, and when that specific part got the warranty extension mid-2017, I submitted for reimbursement with my receipts and got a check from BMW, no problem. Now that I'm possibly having issues with the NOx sensors, I'm hoping the dealer will also fix them per the extended warranty.

We didn't buy a general extended warranty on the car though. The more I read these forums, the more I realize all the things that can go wrong with the 335d. Is it worth it to buy that warranty?

Ok yea first about the bmw limited extended warranty on the SCR tank and the NOx sensors. My SA did confirm that bmw did extend that warranty and at same time he said that his tech diagnosed my tank and the sensors and said that everything are in tact and i donít have to worry about it because they are good. I have about another 20k Miles. My SA told me that if the CEL do come in sometimes Iím that 20k miles and itís for the tank and sensors then they will replace it no problem. Second, general extended warranty. If you can afford it, I suggest you get it. Say your AC compressor went out. The bmw dealer will charge you $1400 usd if your lucky maybe more. But if you have extended warranty, they will cover the AC compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search