Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Msnowdon Msnowdon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Huntington Beach
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 79
Mein Auto: Suburban
What is a M3 2004 going to cost me?

I want to play with the big boys, looking for a M3 clean SMG, Navi, Premium, 19's what is this going to cost me to get into the game?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 04-30-2005, 09:48 AM
bren's Avatar
bren bren is offline
///Mpty pockets
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,963
Mein Auto: wankermatic
uh, don't you think kbb.com would be a better place to check? Maybe some local classified ads on cars.com?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2005, 09:51 AM
Msnowdon Msnowdon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Huntington Beach
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 79
Mein Auto: Suburban
No, as there prices aren't real sometimes, why not come to the place where the experts are!

Michael
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2005, 11:15 AM
BahnBaum's Avatar
BahnBaum BahnBaum is offline
Empowered Consumer
Location: Havre de Grace, MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,052
Mein Auto: 1 - 4.20hp, 1 - 420hp
Mid forties, with some variation due to mileage and condition.

Alex
__________________
Interrobanged.

My Flickr
TeamWTF?!


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-30-2005, 12:00 PM
WILLIA///M's Avatar
WILLIA///M WILLIA///M is offline
95NU>*
Location: Vermont
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,113
Mein Auto: '04 Imola/Cinn M3
I'll sell you mine for $100,000.
__________________
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one on my TV.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Pinecone's Avatar
Pinecone Pinecone is offline
M Mad
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,482
Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
It costs what it costs. Check AutoTrader, etc to find out what people are asking, then figure it will cost less. It depends on too many factors.
__________________
Terry Carraway

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-30-2005, 06:09 PM
LMC's Avatar
LMC LMC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,765
Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msnowdon
I want to play with the big boys, looking for a M3 clean SMG...
DANGER! DANGER!

I see elsewhere that you are also looking at ZHPs but want a Steptronic. It may be that you have test-driven SMG extensively, but it is unusual to find somebody who needs/wants an automatic transmission and likes SMG.

You can find many posts on this subject on bimmerfest, but the executive summary is that those who are used to automatics invariably think of SMG as a high-tech sorta automatic and it is not! Most find it frustrating to drive in the automatic mode.

In the event you already know all the above, never mind...
__________________
Larry
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Msnowdon Msnowdon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Huntington Beach
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 79
Mein Auto: Suburban
I am aware of it, but need the SMG for traffic in LA.

Michael
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-30-2005, 06:46 PM
xspeedy's Avatar
xspeedy xspeedy is offline
mmm... carbs!
Location: Austin, TX
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,057
Mein Auto: 2007 E90 335i
My dealer has a couple of Titanium Silver SMG M3s left over from 2004 MY. They are discounting them $6K. I'm not sure what the exact configuration was, but the sticker was about $58K. You may always be able to ask for a bit more off.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-30-2005, 07:00 PM
RaceTripper's Avatar
RaceTripper RaceTripper is offline
Hated by hater haters
Location: US
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,654
Mein Auto: 09 MINI JCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC
... the executive summary is that those who are used to automatics invariably think of SMG as a high-tech sorta automatic and it is not! Most find it frustrating to drive in the automatic mode....
I agree. I've driven stick most of my life, but had a step the last 3 years (530i). I've had my SMG for 10 days now and never drive it in Drivelogic (auto) mode. It's much easier to make it drive smooth in Sequential mode, once you learn how to blip the throttle on shifts. As far as I'm concerned they can just get rid of the auto mode. Everytime I try it I'm back to Sequential mode in no time.

It is very different from step. It feels like a manual and nothing like an auto, and you need to drive treating it like a manual.

In any case, I'll never get a Slushtronic again on any car. Getting it on my 5er was a mistake and I'm glad I'm back to driving a real transmission.
__________________
RaceTripper Photos
2009 Chili Red MINI JCW
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Moderato's Avatar
Moderato Moderato is offline
Praetorian
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,057
Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwette
I agree. I've driven stick most of my life, but had a step the last 3 years (530i). I've had my SMG for 10 days now and never drive it in Drivelogic (auto) mode. It's much easier to make it drive smooth in Sequential mode, once you learn how to blip the throttle on shifts. As far as I'm concerned they can just get rid of the auto mode. Everytime I try it I'm back to Sequential mode in no time.

It is very different from step. It feels like a manual and nothing like an auto, and you need to drive treating it like a manual.

In any case, I'll never get a Slushtronic again on any car. Getting it on my 5er was a mistake and I'm glad I'm back to driving a real transmission.

Did you post pics of your car? Black/Cinn & 19's are one of my favorties!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-01-2005, 05:46 PM
RaceTripper's Avatar
RaceTripper RaceTripper is offline
Hated by hater haters
Location: US
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,654
Mein Auto: 09 MINI JCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderato
Did you post pics of your car? Black/Cinn & 19's are one of my favorties!
Not yet. This weekend was the first time it hasn't been rainy since getting it. I got some exterior pics today and still have to take some interior pics. Then I'll post em.
__________________
RaceTripper Photos
2009 Chili Red MINI JCW
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Moderato's Avatar
Moderato Moderato is offline
Praetorian
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,057
Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwette
Not yet. This weekend was the first time it hasn't been rainy since getting it. I got some exterior pics today and still have to take some interior pics. Then I'll post em.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-02-2005, 06:28 AM
Silver TT Silver TT is offline
Registered User
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 17
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xspeedy
My dealer has a couple of Titanium Silver SMG M3s left over from 2004 MY. They are discounting them $6K. I'm not sure what the exact configuration was, but the sticker was about $58K. You may always be able to ask for a bit more off.

XSpeedy - That is great to know. Does he have any cars in Silver Gray? I am looking for a loaded Silver Gray with Nav and 18s or 19s. What is his number? I am in NYC, but would be happy to go to TX for a good deal. Besides, NY dealers are only looking to do about $2-3k off a 2005. What is he discounting off 2005s? Anything?

Thanks,

Dan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 M3 w/ $15k upgrades!!! jcohlberg Cars - Private Party 0 03-04-2005 06:15 AM
Dolphins fend off Great White attack! Jon Shafer Off-Topic 16 12-02-2004 09:19 PM
2004 e46 M3 Focal speaker help? flybigjet Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech 1 04-01-2004 10:21 AM
What movies of '04 are you looking forward to? OBS3SSION Off-Topic 17 02-13-2004 05:26 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms