Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E39 M5 (1998-2003)

E39 M5 (1998-2003)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2005, 07:34 AM

Mein Auto: M5 E39 - 1999
Question Acceleration issue

Hi, I am brand new in the BMW M5 world. I just acquired a mint M5 from 1999. It has only 45,000kms and was parked most of the time in a garage (the previous owner was a pilot for Gulf Air airline).

I checked the whole car through the local dealer and even did a main maintenance to be sure everything was ok on the car. They confirmed that the car was fine. However, I have one concern:

The acceleration is not frank and have little "holes" during smooth acceleration. Also, if I accelerate full throttle, I feel that the car does not give all the power it has. For instance, sometime, just by releasing the accelerator a little bit, more power is being delivered for a couple of second.

All filters have been changed, as well as all the spark plugs.

Does anyone have felt the same thing on their M5? I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance to all of you!

Pascal
Advertisement