Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-02-2005, 10:29 AM
ZenX5 ZenX5 is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 46
Mein Auto: '04 4.8is
Dinan Camber Plates

Does anyone know if the Dinan Camber plates are compatible with my 4.8is?

I know that Dinan hasn't developed any new parts for the 04' V8 x5's, however I was wondering if the camber plates that are offered for the older x5's are compatible with my x5?

How about the strut tower brace? Does anyone know if it will fit into my 4.8? I can't see why not....

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 06-02-2005, 12:43 PM
X5Jay X5Jay is offline
Registered User
Location: Massachusetts North Shore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: 2004 X5 4.4 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenX5
Does anyone know if the Dinan Camber plates are compatible with my 4.8is?

I know that Dinan hasn't developed any new parts for the 04' V8 x5's, however I was wondering if the camber plates that are offered for the older x5's are compatible with my x5?

How about the strut tower brace? Does anyone know if it will fit into my 4.8? I can't see why not....

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
I believe the strut brace fits (says it on their web site), but don't know about the camber plates...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-02-2005, 01:06 PM
alpina22's Avatar
alpina22 alpina22 is offline
Registered ABUSER!
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 362
Mein Auto: 2001 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Jay
I believe the strut brace fits (says it on their web site), but don't know about the camber plates...
Current Dinan strut brace will NOT fit 4.8is with adjustable ride height. A new one is on the way (within 2 months). Don't know if the camber plates will work either. Perhaps a call to Dinan will provide an answer.

ZenX5 - are you cornering hard enough to the point of reaching understeer? If so, then I'd suggest camber plates. If not, save your money.
__________________
Alpina22
00=oo=00
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-02-2005, 02:08 PM
X5Jay X5Jay is offline
Registered User
Location: Massachusetts North Shore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: 2004 X5 4.4 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina22
Current Dinan strut brace will NOT fit 4.8is with adjustable ride height. A new one is on the way (within 2 months). Don't know if the camber plates will work either. Perhaps a call to Dinan will provide an answer.

ZenX5 - are you cornering hard enough to the point of reaching understeer? If so, then I'd suggest camber plates. If not, save your money.
Thanks for the correction - I beleive what I saw was for a 4.4...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Guss Guss is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: X5 4.8
I have had the Dinan strut tower brace installed on my MY 04 4.8 and IT DOES FIT. There are a couple of adjustments that have to be made such as trimming a little of the plastic reservoir bracket and putting some washers between the brace and the tower to create sufficient clearance (on the driver's side at least on my car), but these cannot be seen and the thing looks . Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2005, 10:31 AM
alpina22's Avatar
alpina22 alpina22 is offline
Registered ABUSER!
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 362
Mein Auto: 2001 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss
I have had the Dinan strut tower brace installed on my MY 04 4.8 and IT DOES FIT. There are a couple of adjustments that have to be made such as trimming a little of the plastic reservoir bracket and putting some washers between the brace and the tower to create sufficient clearance (on the driver's side at least on my car), but these cannot be seen and the thing looks . Good luck.
I stand corrected then. My info came from a friend with a 4.8 who spoke directly to Dinan. From what I heard, the issue was with cars that have adjustable ride height. How about some pictures for eye candy?
__________________
Alpina22
00=oo=00
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Guss Guss is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: X5 4.8
Again, my 4.8 has the air suspension all around and the current Dinan brace does fit with the "adjustments" mentioned - although Dinan will not tell you it should fit as it was not designed with that application in mind. You should find through a search some pics that were posted a few months ago of that installation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K MAC vs TC KLINE front Camber Plates ShifterKart Guy E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002) 11 03-06-2005 04:03 AM
FS: complete Dinan Stage 3 suspension for e36 M3 (Bay Area. California) seriousness Classifieds 3 04-08-2004 02:46 PM
Strong Strut Users w/ GC Camber plates..need help.. yetiboy E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002) 2 01-21-2004 01:41 PM
Dinan Stage II suspension camber issues JTP E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002) 3 09-01-2003 04:25 PM
does anyone have adjustabe camber plates? 31st330i 3 Series / 4 Series 7 12-21-2002 04:12 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms