Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 06-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 X3 3.0si
My Mystic Beauty is Here!!!

OMG!!! The 9 week wait was BRUTAL but she's finally here. I picked up my X3 yesterday and I can safely say that every reservation, doubt and concern that I had about it are completely gone! What an amazing machine. I would have posted pictures yesterday but I've been too busy showing it off . Anyway, I am attaching some pictures I took of yesterday. I spent most of the day today prepping the pictures so I hope you enjoy them. Not all of them are X3 specific but I did take them all on my X3 yesterday. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X3.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	52115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Glimmer.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	52116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Logo Blue.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	52117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	52118  
Old 06-15-2005, 01:44 PM

....a few more pics. I noticed that the Xenon lights emit the word "xenon" inside the headlight backwards so I flipped it so that it's readable (is that a real word?).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Xenon.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	52120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sterring Wheel.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	52121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Logo.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	52122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	52127  

Last edited by Rob V; 06-15-2005 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to stangmatt66
Mein Auto: '07 BMW X3 3.0si
Amazing pics! Congrats!
Old 06-15-2005, 01:51 PM
It's arrived!

Mein Auto: X3
Congratulations and best wishes. Enjoy!
Old 06-15-2005, 03:12 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Nice Ride! Nice Pics, what camera did you use? Keeping the LR?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echelon153
Nice Ride! Nice Pics, what camera did you use? Keeping the LR?
Thanks! I have a Canon EOS-20D for my camera and no, I won't be keeping the LR. The lease on the LR is up very soon, which is why I got the X3.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:50 PM
mmm... carbs!

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob V
Thanks! I have a Canon EOS-20D for my camera and no, I won't be keeping the LR. The lease on the LR is up very soon, which is why I got the X3.
What lens are you using?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:57 PM

I used pretty much everything in my bag for those pics.

18-55 "Kit"
50mm 1.8
100mm 2.8

The only lens I didn't use was the 28-135mm IS.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:05 PM

Mein Auto: X3, 3.0 - Silver
Very impressive pics. Great looking X3.
Nice Doxie's too. They are adorable!
Old 06-15-2005, 06:56 PM
TTSam

Mein Auto: E92 M3 - 535 xDrive
Quote:
OMG!!! The 9 week wait was BRUTAL but she's finally here. I picked up my X3 yesterday and I can safely say that every reservation, doubt and concern that I had about it are completely gone! What an amazing machine. I would have posted pictures yesterday but I've been too busy showing it off . Anyway, I am attaching some pictures I took of yesterday. I spent most of the day today prepping the pictures so I hope you enjoy them. Not all of them are X3 specific but I did take them all on my X3 yesterday. Enjoy!

The pictures are great - but more important - how do you like driving it?
911 Retired
328xiT Retired
X3 Retired
Old 06-15-2005, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
The pictures are great - but more important - how do you like driving it?
Are you kidding me!? Is there anything better than driving it!? I've only got 80 miles so far so I haven't even had any real fun with it and it's still amazing. It's amazing how much more responsive it is than the Freelander I drove for the past 3 years.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Leftover Hippie

Mein Auto: 2010 328xiT
Nice choices - both the car and the camera. My wife and I just took delivery on a new X3 about 2 weeks ago after waiting almost 8 weeks as well. We ordered a Mystic Blue X3 2.5 with a manual tranny, black leather, light birch wood trim, premium sound/Sat radio/CD Changer and Xenons/fogs. We promptly took it out to the Pacific Coast for a break in trip where I got lots of time to take pictures (not of the car) with my own Canon 20D. A very nice vehicle for road trips.....

Congrats!

Last edited by AlanLX3; 06-16-2005 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5
Rob,

Congratulations!! Great pics too! Can you come over to my house & take pics for me?? It'll give you an excuse to break in the X3!!

We too had a Freelander before the X3. My wife had the 4 door & I had the SE3 conv. Yes, it is a night & day difference-can't really put the the two (X3 & Free) in the same category. I do miss having the top off in the SE3 . I don't miss having to take corners slow or feeling like I am going to tip over !

Oh, and yes "Xenon" is a word. It is the brand/type of headlights you have. If you don't like that word showing I will trade you my regular lights . Just kidding.

BMW CCA Member

Last edited by Woody; 06-16-2005 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:37 AM

HAHA, actually I meant if "readable" was a real word. Up until that point I don't think I had ever typed that word. Turns out it's a real word, not just American slang. I know....I'm clueless. Anyway, speaking of Xenon, I heard that the lights do a little self-adjusting "dance" when the car is started but I haven't seen this yet. They do turn around the corners when they are supposed to but I haven't seen them self-adjust. Strange.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to jdeday
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0
Rob,

Congratulations, I love the color (see below) ! And nice pictures are you a professional photographer?

What interior color did you choose?

Jeff
2005 X3 3.0, Mystic Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Leather Interior, Birch Grain Light Wood Trim, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Satellite Radio Prep, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Sound, Power Folding Mirrors and NAVIGATION RETROFIT
Old 06-16-2005, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 2005
Quote:
HAHA, actually I meant if "readable" was a real word. Up until that point I don't think I had ever typed that word. Turns out it's a real word, not just American slang. I know....I'm clueless. Anyway, speaking of Xenon, I heard that the lights do a little self-adjusting "dance" when the car is started but I haven't seen this yet. They do turn around the corners when they are supposed to but I haven't seen them self-adjust. Strange.
The element xenon is a gas used in lamps that produce intense, extremely short flashes of light, such as stroboscopes and lights for high-speed photography. When a charge of electricity is passed through the gas at low pressure, it emits a flash of bluish-white light; at higher pressures white light resembling daylight is emitted. Xenon flash lamps are used to activate ruby lasers.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:34 PM

Mein Auto: exBMW X3 & MB C240/ML350
Quote:
Love your choice of color...It's a beautful SAV. Now that the wait is over, you'll love it even more.

Great pics...
Old 06-16-2005, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeday
Rob,

Congratulations, I love the color (see below) ! And nice pictures are you a professional photographer?

What interior color did you choose?

Jeff
Yeah, I'm happy with the Mystic Blue. You might recall a while back that I asked about the Mystic Blue because I ordered it without ever seeing one in the flesh but now I'm glad I did. Thank you for the compliment on the photography. No, I'm not a professional......yet. I'm actually in the process of starting up a business.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Love the car, love the color...

Rob,

Congrats on the new ride. It is a beautiful car in a beautiful color. It works particularly well here in Colorado with the blue sky we enjoy so much of.

Good to see you are a pBaser - I've been spending most of my time of late taking pictures of my son's sports teams! But I do have a few pictures of the other side of the mountain for you.

"Xenon" is the name of the 54th element in the periodic table. It is a noble or inert gas - so named because it was once thought not to combine with anything else. In fact it combines with few other elements, so "inert" is not far from right. Other noble gases are: Helium (He), Neon (Ne), Argon (Ar), Krypton (Kr) and Radon (Rn). All these noble gases, except radon, are used individually or in combination in both commercial and research lasers. And, of course, in numerous more common lighting sources. Like headlamp bulbs...

Radon you will recognize as the gas we test our homes for - it is a decay component of radioative radium (discovered by Curie, occurring naturally in the earth's crust and used, before people knew better, to make glowing watch dials).

Oh, did I tell you - Beautiful car!

Greg
Old 06-17-2005, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman
Rob,

........"Xenon" is the name of the 54th element in the periodic table. It is a noble or inert gas - so named because it was once thought not to combine with anything else. In fact it combines with few other elements, so "inert" is not far from right. Other noble gases are: Helium (He), Neon (Ne), Argon (Ar), Krypton (Kr) and Radon (Rn). All these noble gases, except radon, are used individually or in combination in both commercial and research lasers. And, of course, in numerous more common lighting sources. Like headlamp bulbs...

Radon you will recognize as the gas we test our homes for - it is a decay component of radioative radium (discovered by Curie, occurring naturally in the earth's crust and used, before people knew better, to make glowing watch dials).

Greg

.....show off

LOL! Just kidding. Thanks for the info. We may both live in Colorado but based on your pictures you live in a MUCH more beautiful part of the state. Very nice!
Old 06-17-2005, 08:09 PM

Mein Auto: exBMW X3 & MB C240/ML350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman
Rob,

Congrats on the new ride. It is a beautiful car in a beautiful color. It works particularly well here in Colorado with the blue sky we enjoy so much of.

Good to see you are a pBaser - I've been spending most of my time of late taking pictures of my son's sports teams! But I do have a few pictures of the other side of the mountain for you.

"Xenon" is the name of the 54th element in the periodic table. It is a noble or inert gas - so named because it was once thought not to combine with anything else. In fact it combines with few other elements, so "inert" is not far from right. Other noble gases are: Helium (He), Neon (Ne), Argon (Ar), Krypton (Kr) and Radon (Rn). All these noble gases, except radon, are used individually or in combination in both commercial and research lasers. And, of course, in numerous more common lighting sources. Like headlamp bulbs...

Greg
Wow...I knew i should've paid attention in chemistry class.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3 3.0i Black
Congratulation !! and Driving for the good health :-)

I love my X3 too. Black in Black 05 3.0i
Old 06-20-2005, 08:23 AM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
.....show off

LOL! Just kidding. Thanks for the info. We may both live in Colorado but based on your pictures you live in a MUCH more beautiful part of the state. Very nice!
First time in 25 years that I really used that chemistry degree...kinda ran away with it...sorry

Greg

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 06-21-2005, 06:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to jdeday
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0
Quote:
Yeah, I'm happy with the Mystic Blue. You might recall a while back that I asked about the Mystic Blue because I ordered it without ever seeing one in the flesh but now I'm glad I did.
Rob,

I do recall, did you opt for the beige interior?

Jeff
2005 X3 3.0, Mystic Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Leather Interior, Birch Grain Light Wood Trim, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Satellite Radio Prep, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Sound, Power Folding Mirrors and NAVIGATION RETROFIT
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeday
Rob,

I do recall, did you opt for the beige interior?

Jeff
Nah, I decided on the black sensatec. I never did get the chance to check out the beige interior before I bought it. There was one in the showroom the day I picked up my X3 and I thought it made a huge difference in the overall feel of the cabin. Very "Airy". But my Land Rover had beige leather seats and, although I liked the look, they got dirty quick. Since the X3 has beige plastics as well I didn't think I would be too happy in the long run but that's just me. I'm much happier with the black sensatec than I thought I would be. It doesn't get as hot as the leather did and I don't worry about damaging it as much as I did with leather. Overall a good choice.