Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-07-2005, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Pics from the "buyers remorse" guy

Well I've finally gotten over my buyers remorse thanks to you guys encouraging me in my original thread(If you never read it I was bumming that I got the base 325i instead of the 330 fully loaded but I didnt feel like spending that much at the time)

I'm loving the car, got 1k miles on it so I'm taking it a little less easy on her. Its for sure the best car I've ever owned, handles great and has lots of even power throughout the rpms. You would have to be a complete moron to crash this car on your own(barring other drivers) I've done some ridiculous things in this car and it just refuses to lose control even in the rain.

All I've done to it is tint the windows(little too dark may have to take it back but they are lenient about tinting where i live) and add the chrome exhaust tips. I plan on doing the jetblack spoiler this thurs at the dealer.

Oh yeah, and its just the base model. only extra thing I got was power seats because it came with this model(only 2 on the lot)

thanks for all the responses to my previous thread guys. Here are the pics

Any question from prospective buyers feel free to ask. I like the leatherette but kind of wish I'd gotten the sport package mainly for the seats and wheels. I imagine the suspension is a little tighter on the sport but standard suspension handles so well I dont see where you'd get benefit from the sport unless you were on a track The standard sound is far superior than the above average aftermarket sound in my old car. The cd plays any mp3's flawlessly and NEVER skips! Climate control is superb, and ride quality is what I'd call quiet and smooth but still very sporty when desired.

Before I bought this car I tried out an infiniti coupe. Dont get me wrong, the coupe was nice and a little faster than the 325, it also handled very well. However, those of us that drive bimmers know that there is a certain "intangible" to driving a bimmer.

peace
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	53321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	53323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 007.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	53325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 008.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	53326  

Last edited by vortex72; 07-07-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 07-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex72
However, those of us that drive bimmers know that there is a certain "intangible" to driving a bimmer.

peace
Yes, especially a step without sport package
Old 07-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Back to life

Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP
Quote:
You would have to be a complete moron to crash this car on your own(barring other drivers) I've done some ridiculous things in this car and it just refuses to lose control even in the rain.
Yeah...I think that's why when it was time for me to pick a new car...I still got another 3' series...I just feel more confident behind the wheel since I make a lot of ridiculous maneuvers...lol....
Old 07-07-2005, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallenrod

I hate to be a caulk, but . I just loooooove the SP/6-spd combo. My 01 325i ZSP 5-spd was close to perfect. It wasn't as fast or sexy as my M3 SMG, but it was certainly more fun to drive. That's right, I said it.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:42 PM

Mein Auto: 535d
Nice ride!

Even without the 330's engine or the sports package, this car is awesome.

Congrats, enjoy!!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: Bimmer of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennynmd
Do you know how did he get the BMW logos on the wheels? Is it a peel on sticker? Is it the actaul cap from the OEM wheel?
Uhm read that thread.. he said BMW caps.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 PM

Mein Auto: Lexus
Sorry guys, my bad. Just looked at the rest of that post and saw that Tire rack gave them to him for free.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Well I didnt want a manual since I drive this car every day. I've owned manuals and if you are just going out to drive for fun then they're great, otherwise they suck for day to day IMHO. I do regret not having the sport rims or seats, but as far as sport suspension I drove a 330 with sport and couldnt really notice much difference in everyday handling but the ride was rougher. I'm sure you'd have to put it through some paces to notice the sport difference

I might go for some bigger rims in the future. Wouldnt I have to buy new tires as well since I dont think my runflats would fit bigger rims. You could spend 3k real fast like that. I think I'll wait till I need new tires and decide then. Hell, maybe by then I'll be trading it in on a new M
Old 07-08-2005, 08:37 AM
•••••••

Mein Auto: '11 1M;'08 MCS;'02 325iT
Quote:
Well I didnt want a manual since I drive this car every day. I've owned manuals and if you are just going out to drive for fun then they're great, otherwise they suck for day to day IMHO.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:51 AM

Guess some of you are hardcore stickshifters eh?

I had a stickshift toyota celica back in the day, loved it for years. But when you are driving daily and trying to talk/eat/drive/start/stop/traffic they get real old.

Plus the e90 has the manual mode if you feel the need to shift. However, I found the shifting to be much slower than what an accomplished driver could do with a true manual.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:35 AM

Mein Auto: 535d
Quote:
Guess some of you are hardcore stickshifters eh?

I had a stickshift toyota celica back in the day, loved it for years. But when you are driving daily and trying to talk/eat/drive/start/stop/traffic they get real old.

Plus the e90 has the manual mode if you feel the need to shift. However, I found the shifting to be much slower than what an accomplished driver could do with a true manual.
Don't worry about it dude. You can't please everyone. Just as long as your happy.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:40 AM
•••••••

Mein Auto: '11 1M;'08 MCS;'02 325iT
Quote:
when you are driving daily and trying to talk/eat/drive/
I avoid the phone like the plague in my car, and never eat in there either, so that's not an issue.

But hey, if you're into separating your engine from the drivetrain with a vat of fluid, more power to you!

Old 07-08-2005, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
Vortex72- great car- enjoy it, and try to ignore people who will start unprovoked flame wars about your choice of transmission. Unfortunately, this board is full of them.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: Orient Blue 330i
This kind of conversation goes on over here all the time. Do what you want to do, and you don't have to justify your decision to anyone. But I would add this. This is an enthusiast board and you probably won't find too many memembers here that eat in their cars and talk on the phone in their cars, whether actually driving or not. I have this personal thing about that. When I am in my car, I am driving. That is it. If I have a passenger, I will talk to you. When I am alone, I will listen to some music while driving. Otherwise, nothing else. I turn my cell phone off. I don't eat in the car. I don't read or look for directions, etc. I can't be bothered with anything but driving, and I think a lot of the members here are the same way. But if that is not your style, that is ok. Sounds like a Step would be more practical for you. My wife's ride is an auto (it's also a big pig -SUV), so when I drive it, I am more likely to take a cup of coffee to go and enjoy it as I tootle around town.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=.. tootle around town. [/QUOTE]

That conjures up a funny image in my head... haven't heard that word for the longest time..
Old 07-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Certified Organic Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SpeedFreak!
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP & 2005 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz
But hey, if you're into separating your engine from the drivetrain with a vat of fluid, more power to you!

Seriously stuff!

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Old 07-08-2005, 05:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBmwGuy
This kind of conversation goes on over here all the time. Do what you want to do, and you don't have to justify your decision to anyone. But I would add this. This is an enthusiast board and you probably won't find too many memembers here that eat in their cars and talk on the phone in their cars, whether actually driving or not. I have this personal thing about that. When I am in my car, I am driving. That is it. If I have a passenger, I will talk to you. When I am alone, I will listen to some music while driving. Otherwise, nothing else. I turn my cell phone off. I don't eat in the car. I don't read or look for directions, etc. I can't be bothered with anything but driving, and I think a lot of the members here are the same way. But if that is not your style, that is ok. Sounds like a Step would be more practical for you. My wife's ride is an auto (it's also a big pig -SUV), so when I drive it, I am more likely to take a cup of coffee to go and enjoy it as I tootle around town.

I own a 325i e90 6 speed manual with sport package. It is fun as hell to drive. I enjoy it tremendously. I sometimes go out at night just to drive it.

But I drive it to work everyday sooooooo......I talk on the phone in it (bluetooth!), I drink coffee in it, I have already eaten buger king in it trying to fit eating into my hectic day.

Does this mean that I "tootle" around town? Or that I am not an enthusiast?

Or does it mean that some around here are sitting a little to tight in their underwear?

I really don't care.

If you love the car that you bought and it brings you joy enough to come tell us about it then great for you!!!!!!

Welcome to the family of BMW owners. I am proud to have you join us.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloyouis
Or does it mean that some around here are sitting a little to tight in their underwear?
Nice one! I love it when people act like their way is the best and only way to enjoy a car. I can understand they like what they like, but why make others feel like lower life forms for not choosing exactly as they would have them do?
Old 07-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Back to life

Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP
Quote:
I have already eaten buger king in it trying to fit eating into my hectic day.
Hmmm...just wait till one day you spill your coke or ketchup all over your upholstery. You'll really want to kill yourself then....
Old 07-08-2005, 07:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehkao
Hmmm...just wait till one day you spill your coke or ketchup all over your upholstery. You'll really want to kill yourself then....
All over my black leatherette? I'd much more upset if I got it on my tie!

Or my shirt!

Or my shoes!

I'd RATHER have it land on my "upholstery", now that I think about it!!!!!!

I don't enjoy driving my "upholstery". I enjoy driving my car..........
Old 07-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Bimmer back, Bimmer back

Mein Auto: F30 328i xDrive
I knew you'd like it! Looks similar to mine

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103018
Old 07-10-2005, 11:48 AM

Mein Auto: toyota
buyer's remorse

How do 19inch rims and tire combination discussed in this thread affect the handling characteristics of the E90 325? I am not an engineer, but it would seem to me that increasing the wheel size would add more weight at the detriment of the handling and performance characteristics of such a well engineered car. Isn't the 17inch rims more aptly matched to the size of the 325's engine etc? That being said, the 19 inch rims really do improve the styling of the base 325.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:24 PM
I love my beautiful wife.

Mein Auto: '01 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJR
Nice one! I love it when people act like their way is the best and only way to enjoy a car. I can understand they like what they like, but why make others feel like lower life forms for not choosing exactly as they would have them do?
Why do I get the feeling that your 540iT has a slushie?

moonroof:
Old 07-11-2005, 08:20 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535d
ghetto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC 330i
Nice car! I just saw a 325i with 19 inch ASA AR-1 Rims, and boy did it look great. Check this out!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1897

You could have the same for under $2k.

Current
2014 535d, M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha Nappa
Prior
2007 530i, White/Black, 6MT
2001 530i, Orient Blue/Beige, 5MT
1994 325is, White/Black 5MT
1984 325e, White/Black 5MT
1983 318i, Delphin/Beige 4MT
Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 PM

Mein Auto: Tiag 325i
I was actually going through the same feeling as the original poster. I was going through a big time regret for not getting the 330 but it only started once i read all the forums.. But i realized that at my age, im lucky to even have a nice car, let alone a 06 Bmw *im 22*. This is also my 1st bmw and yes ive been a fan for VERY long, so i know the specs and differences in the 330, but i just couldnt afford it. I did get the sport package/pwr seats/steptronic.. and that alone ran me to $39.5K out the door. I still havent touched the power in my car.. (yea ive swerved in between traffic) but i only have 220 miles on the car..
Life's all bout lessons... If i am not satisfied in the long run with my 325, ill try for a 330 next. But as for now, im sticking with what i got... Only a bmw enthusiast knows a 325 from 330.. and all of my friends think my car is freaking awesome!