Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Baumann
What's the street name good for if you are already in unknown waters?

"turn right on Main St." implies that you already know where Main St is.

But what if I don't know where it is?
Most of the time, especially on my ED trip, I can't find the street signs until too late anyways. I don't care what street I'm on, only whether I reach my destination. I've had aftermarket nav systems, but because it wasn't built-in, it wasn't worth the hassle most of the time of setting on the dash and programming it. I didn't want to leave it there full time because of appearance and easy of theft.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 07-25-2005, 08:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
What is the combination you are using.

I have been thinking of the new Garmin iQue M3 which is due to hit the stores soon..........
That one looks nice too especially if you also need a pocket pc
Old 07-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsqbm
Most of the time, especially on my ED trip, I can't find the street signs until too late anyways. I don't care what street I'm on, only whether I reach my destination. I've had aftermarket nav systems, but because it wasn't built-in, it wasn't worth the hassle most of the time of setting on the dash and programming it. I didn't want to leave it there full time because of appearance and easy of theft.
Another good point. I used to have a handheld GPS before getting a built in one. The built ins are much more useful for all the reasons mentioned. The two most important are that they are always available and they almost always work. Handhelds are useless in a tunnel.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 325i
Of course they are much cheaper than the factory option, and if someone is already equipped, it makes even more sense.

As for the color question about the BMW system, the display seems to have a lot of color (Really obvious in the background graphics of the main menu), but when viewing maps there aren't that many colors used. Your path is highlighted in white, roads are red, secondary roads yellow, streets are kind of salmon, tracks are black with white lines, parks are green, water is light blue and the rest is beige or gray. In Perspective view, you also have some fancy little clouds but I'd say for the map themselves, I doubt they use more than 16 colors (Reduces processing time). The rest of the menus look much sharper.