Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 08-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05M3 ZCP / 12 X5
Well, got it home finally

The wait seemed like forever, but I picked up my ZCP tonight. I bugged the crap out of the salesguy by calling too much while I waited all that time during production, etc., but oh well. BMW should allow GPS tracking of the boat coming over

The car is Interlagos Blue with Cinnamon leather interior, xenons, nav, lumbar, premium package. It is simply an awesome car and I'm still dumbfounded looking at it sitting in the garage. Pictures will follow as it was a little dark tonight. I dont know what the limit is on the number of uploaded files, or their size, but I think I can hit it that easily. If someone knows the limit on file size, I'll keep them small so that I wont lose alot on downsizing.

Seems like the nav will take some getting used to, and I'll have to read the book and all

One question I wanted to ask for some of you other guys that bought recently is.. at the very initial price negotiation, did your salesguy write up a "worksheet" with the cost of the car, or were you told that everything is written up at the end when you are ready to take delivery? Just wondering, as my sales guy attempted to tack on $1k to the deal until I showed him a sheet that he said he must have "lost", which showed the proper price we negotiated.

There was all of 7 miles on it when I got into the seat and fired it up
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2005, 10:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 M3
When I got mine, the price was completly negotiated before hand with a written statement and sigs of the salesperson as well as sales manager and myself. Just to ensure nothing like that happened. I have heard of those stories happening, especially when its one of the first cars/new model to hit the lot. The dealer says "well I know what we negotiated, but I can sell this for over sticker so take it or leave it."

Anyways, congrats on your new awesome ride
Old 08-08-2005, 10:21 PM

Mein Auto: M3
Congrats, I have the same color combination and you're going to love it. ILB looks different in different kinds of light from light to dark blue or purple. I had a signed worksheet when the order was written and there was no fooling around at all. You can certainly order the same car from a different dealer if they play games. Enjoy, but the first 1200 miles are torture. I just got mine back from 1200 mile service today and it's a whole different experience beyond 5000rpm
Old 08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Lost

Mein Auto: 2003 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uster
Congrats, I have the same color combination and you're going to love it. ILB looks different in different kinds of light from light to dark blue or purple. I had a signed worksheet when the order was written and there was no fooling around at all. You can certainly order the same car from a different dealer if they play games. Enjoy, but the first 1200 miles are torture. I just got mine back from 1200 mile service today and it's a whole different experience beyond 5000rpm

Ok we are going to start the IB/Cin club.

CongratsTJS!!

I just fianlly passed 1200. Its going to be a fun drive this weekend.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:51 AM
Certified Geezer

Send a message via Yahoo to m3geezer
Mein Auto: 2005 Imola Red M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS///M3
One question I wanted to ask for some of you other guys that bought recently is.. at the very initial price negotiation, did your salesguy write up a "worksheet" with the cost of the car, or were you told that everything is written up at the end when you are ready to take delivery? Just wondering, as my sales guy attempted to tack on $1k to the deal until I showed him a sheet that he said he must have "lost", which showed the proper price we negotiated.
Congratulations on finally getting your M3! Having ordered mine in May and taken delivery at the end of July, I know about waiting!

I negotiated my deal over the phone. I had researched all the pricing (both MSRP and invoice) previously. I've dealt with this dealer for the last three Bimmers, and I've found them to be honorable, but somewhat unyielding. Anyhow, after agreeing to a price on the phone, I made an appointment to see the sales guy. The first thing he did was review the deal sheet with me. I found an error in it -- in my favor. He had omitted the $1K gas guzzler tax. Otherwise, everything was as we had discussed. So, he had to generate another deal sheet.

All the paperwork was completed a month before I took delivery. (I did Performance Center Delivery. When it was confirmed that the M3 had arrived the dock in Charleston, we set up an appointment for completing the final paperwork and forking over the cash.)

Hope this helps. Enjoy your new baby!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:05 PM
OEM CSL Whoore

Send a message via AIM to daytonaviolet Send a message via MSN to daytonaviolet Send a message via Yahoo to daytonaviolet
Mein Auto: 2004 E46 M3
congrats.. so where are the pics?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:12 PM

Thanks all. Pictures coming tomorrow, I promise.

No one has told me what the size limitation is on pictures (ie. 200kb, 500kb? 1mb?).. so I guess I'll wing it
Old 08-21-2005, 03:37 PM

Ok, I lied on when I would get to the pictures.

Blame the fact that the site wont let me post anything larger than approx 640x480

And I finally got a camera that would take such lowly pictures.

Anyway, here's a few:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00825.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	55912   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00826.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	55913   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00827.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	55914   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00828.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	55915  
Old 08-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS///M3
Ok, I lied on when I would get to the pictures.

Blame the fact that the site wont let me post anything larger than approx 640x480

And I finally got a camera that would take such lowly pictures.

Anyway, here's a few:
Congratulations, it's a beauty.

BTW, you can attach 1024x768 pixs too
Old 08-21-2005, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Baumann
Congratulations, it's a beauty.

BTW, you can attach 1024x768 pixs too
Well, my problem was the lowest size on the "good" camera was 1280x960

And thank you
Old 08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Elected by grace

Mein Auto: 1 M; '11 328iT; 08 R32
Nice pics!

Your car looks supremo. Cinammon is a cool compliment to IB.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post them for those of who love to gawk at pics like these.