Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 08-26-2005, 05:50 PM

Mein Auto: '95 525i BMW
Hood Emblem

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm sorry in advance if this isn't posted in the right spot.

My question is how do you properly replace the hood emblem of a '95 525i? Now, I popped the old one out and read somewhere that you're supposed to put two-sided tape to secure the new one. I went to a car place and bought I guess a special double-sided tape for emblems and moldings. I pushed the new emblem on the hood and it looks great but it's not really secure. The old one wouldn't budge. Seemed like it was glued in. This new one can wobble a bit if you push it on the sides. It doesn't seem to fit perfectly in place so there's no space between the emblem and car. And yes, I bought an emblem specifically for the '95 525i. I was just wondering if I did it right. Will the emblem eventually settle or does it have to be redone properly?

Thanks for the help.
Ads by Google
Old 08-27-2005, 09:16 AM

Mein Auto: n95 520se auto
badge fix

usually they do take a while to set but using your missuses hair dryer should speed this up. if this fails you can substitute the sticky pad for a well placed blob of silicone sealant. this will take a few hours to set but will not harm the paint work but give desired affect.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:57 AM

Mein Auto: '95 525i BMW
I bought grommets at Bavarian Auto Parts to replace the ones I had, thinking that may be a problem, but what they sent were clear plastic grommets that didn't fit the holes properly. They were too small, sliding back and forth a bit. The picture and description on their online catalogue were of black rubber grommets that would fit into place. Since it's Saturday, I can't contact them. I plan on calling Monday, but I'm kind of annoyed. They are nothing like the black rubber grommets that were originally on my BMW.

Have you ever had that problem?