Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Motorsports, Racing & Track

Motorsports, Racing & Track
From Formula One to Auto-X, discuss everything related to going fast here...

Old 09-12-2002, 05:00 PM
SB Local

Send a message via AIM to xs3x
Mein Auto: 2002 330Ci
Question newbie going to the track

Hey guys,
I have a 2002 330Ci with bb-triflo exhaust and h&r cup kit in my car now. Any advice to give me on the setup of the car?
ie brake fluids, tire pressure..etc

My UUC Sways should be here also anytime now..What are you guys' preferred setting?

and any general advice?

thanks,
J
Old 09-12-2002, 09:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 E46 328Ci Bright Red
Your brake fluids should be fine since it's a new car less than a year old, and it's your first track school. Set your tire pressures to something reasonable, and keep them that way, especially since you're going to the track for the first time. On my stock staggered tire sizes, I use 36 PSI all around cold. If you have adjustable suspension bits, set them to something reasonable, and leave them that way for the entire weekend. The biggest variable will be your driving ability, and without having to chase around suspension settings and tire pressures, you'll have plenty to think about already.

Get a good night's sleep. Drink plenty of water. Visualize the track immediately after you come off the track --- drive it in your head. Don't set your parking brake when parked (use 1st gear to hold your car still). Get rides with instructors. Look out far ahead, and relax.

Are you going to Buttonwillow next week?

--Andre
Old 09-12-2002, 09:54 PM
SB Local

Send a message via AIM to xs3x
Mein Auto: 2002 330Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre Yew
Your brake fluids should be fine since it's a new car less than a year old, and it's your first track school. Set your tire pressures to something reasonable, and keep them that way, especially since you're going to the track for the first time. On my stock staggered tire sizes, I use 36 PSI all around cold. If you have adjustable suspension bits, set them to something reasonable, and leave them that way for the entire weekend. The biggest variable will be your driving ability, and without having to chase around suspension settings and tire pressures, you'll have plenty to think about already.

Get a good night's sleep. Drink plenty of water. Visualize the track immediately after you come off the track --- drive it in your head. Don't set your parking brake when parked (use 1st gear to hold your car still). Get rides with instructors. Look out far ahead, and relax.

Are you going to Buttonwillow next week?

--Andre
thanks for your "reasonable" advices
no..i'm going on this one
http://www.speedtrialusa.com/buttonwillow.html
Old 09-13-2002, 10:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 E46 328Ci Bright Red
Sounds like a lot of fun. Buttonwillow is a really interesting and technical track. You'll definitely get to see what you and your car can do there.

--Andre