Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-10-2005, 03:25 PM
bruce_miranda bruce_miranda is offline
Registered User
Location: uk
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 520d
Converting UK Standard Hi-Fi to US Standard Hi-Fi

I'm new to the forum but have been reading this for a while now. I'd like to know if the following was possible.

The US standard Hi-Fi differs from the UK standard Hi-Fi in that is has an additional amp and two woofers below the seats. However this amp gets its inputs from the main head unit. So in the UK if I ordered a standard Hi-Fi would I be able to connect an after market amp and run two sub-woofers from the head unit. i.e. does any one know if the head unit in the UK standard model has output for running it into an amp.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 11-17-2005, 12:27 PM
bruce_miranda bruce_miranda is offline
Registered User
Location: uk
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 520d
So do I take it nobody has attempted this before or nobody listens to the new kid on the block. Looking at the diagrams I found I could see that the difference between the base US and the base UK sound system is the extra amp and 2 sub-woofers below the front seats.
So the question is has anyone in the UK attempted to connect an aftermarket amp and install the speakers themselves. Surely all the space must still be there just the parts missing. Or is the head unit too different between the models.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-17-2005, 04:23 PM
sdriver's Avatar
sdriver sdriver is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mountain View
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 197
Mein Auto: 2004 530i/SMG
I think the issue is we are 90% all in the US... the remaining 10% didn't see the post or just don't know...

Sorry!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
* M6 * - Press Release from BMW Emission E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010) 6 03-06-2007 07:20 AM
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Model Year 2005 Changes (All Models) SARAFIL General BMW 222 07-29-2004 11:04 AM
E65 V12 debuts nate General BMW 21 07-14-2004 09:04 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms