Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:34 AM

Mein Auto: X6 previously 650i; E39 M
Any pictures of a 650i Monaco blue / Cream beige?

Has anybody taken delivery of a 650i Coupe in Monaco Blue / Cream Beige? Could you please post some pictures? Also, is the door sill black (like the dash) or cream? On the BMW Individual 6er (shown on bmw.com under 6 series) the sill is black with the door insert as the lighter color. Also, the Individual 6er has a contrasting black door handle. Looks very elegant.
Ads by Google
Old 11-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollner
Has anybody taken delivery of a 650i Coupe in Monaco Blue / Cream Beige? Could you please post some pictures? Also, is the door sill black (like the dash) or cream? On the BMW Individual 6er (shown on bmw.com under 6 series) the sill is black with the door insert as the lighter color. Also, the Individual 6er has a contrasting black door handle. Looks very elegant.

PM Malibubimmer - he's got one (but its a cab).

[His] 2006 750i Sport - Jet Black, 21" wheels, premium sound, luxury seating, convenience, comfort access, Sirius (Jet)
[Hers] 2008 650i - Metallic Black, Sports, Prem Sound, HUD, HD Radio, Cold Weather, Sirius (Shiloh)

Moved on from:
2005 645Ci (Ava)
2004 545i (Chief)
2002 330i (Kira)
1998 528i (Slick)
1999 540i (Sly)
Old 11-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollner
Credit's right. I have a convertible in that color combination (with light wood, too). I don't have any usable pictures (don't know how to download from camera to computer and re-size the damn thing).

Beewang has a 650i coupe in Monaco blue that was delivered ED last month which should arrive soon. I think his interior is black, though.

The Monaco blue is very dark, almost black in color and tone. The cream beige looks pretty good, but I wish it were more tan in color, like the Mercedes' "Java." The color appears to be much lighter than the "swatches" in the catalogue and on-line. The contrasting interior color is now black (used to be gray - I hate gray) and I don't care much for the two tone combo, but it's not offensive. The door is partly black and partly cream. I think the interior door treatments -- primarily the pulls and attached switchgear -- are the interior's weakest link. Look cheap to me.

I didn't like the wood color at first but it has grown on me.

Other than that, great car.

If I could do it again I would try to get a blue more like the Interlagos blue that is supposedly only available on the M models. There is another medium to dark blue very close to it, but I don't know if it can be special ordered in the US. And I would probably go with the black leather interior.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645
I just went to the car show here in SF

and that was their featured car.

I have been looking across the country for a Mystic blue SMG coupe but cant find one anywhere.

The Monaco blue doesnt have nearly the same appeal as the mystic. Not even a little bit. It's about the "deadest" blue you could imagine.

When they put either carbon black (black/blue) or interlagos blue on the 6, then the stars align. These are two of the coolest blue colors IMHO.

By the way interesting note....

The 6 series is the only car in the BMW line-up that you cant pay the $2200 premium and get the paint color of your choice (as long as BMW is using the color in a current run)!

Imagine say an Imola red 650cic with cream interior or even better a titanium coupe with an Imola red interior! HOTT

will post pic soon

Last edited by phunkfarm; 11-23-2005 at 09:57 AM.