Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:25 PM
M Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 645Ci
I really love every inch of this car and wouldn't change a thing on it. Maybe the "bulky" stock mirror's but other then that nothing.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103
Could be cool but pricey. All the antenna equipment in the trunk would have to be rerouted and the sat radio antenna may not be as efficient on a sloped lid.
I looked into Renntech re-doing the trunk lid for me. It would have cost $3,000 or so, including using a 645Ci trunk lid from my dealer. But, as you point out, Chuck, the "lip" of the trunk lid is the "shark fin" antenna. In addition, the Roundel badge which is used to open the latch on the trunk would have to be compromised or eliminated, and then you'd have to figure out how to open the latch.

The last photo-shopped picture is really nice from that angle, but I would want to see the other angles, too. Sometimes the devil is in the details. Also, if you look closely at the lid (those of you who actually have a 6er), you can see that all the lines and different surfaces very nicely converge and join at the trunk lid. While I may not like the shape, I admire the engineering and at least the consistency of the design. (Of course, a kangaroo has "consistent design," too, but it's not as pretty as a horse.) The photo-shopped revision does not deal with the convergence of all the different surfaces, and it would require major body work to deal with them. (A little of the "flame surfacing" on our cars that make the Z4 loved or despised.)

As for the other weakness, the side mirrors, the tab on replacing them with M6 mirrors runs well over $2,000.

Rather than blow the $5,000+ I plan just to enjoy the car as manufactured and wait for the new or updated model, which I can use the $5,000 to buy.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645
maybe Gene arches his eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneArch
Ok.. like Ariciu said.. to get a feel for the look, shave off YOUR eyebrows and get back to us
Whats this fascination