Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Vicken Vicken is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: BMW 645CI
20.1 Software 6-Series

Hi Everyone,
Iím picking up my 645ci in the morning and they just flashed it with 20.1 Software, does anybody know what 20.1 changes in the car???
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 11-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Malibubimmer Malibubimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,970
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicken
Hi Everyone, Iím picking up my 645ci in the morning and they just flashed it with 20.1 Software, does anybody know what 20.1 changes in the car???
No, but Cobradav and Intrepid will find out, and Chuck92103 won't be able to contain himself until they tell us!

(It could be the catchy brakes or the inability to modulate the engine at low RPMs, but I don't have my hopes up for either of those!)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2005, 07:40 AM
chuck92103's Avatar
chuck92103 chuck92103 is offline
Banned
Location: Socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,650
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
On the contrary, I am content with 19.02, and have no issues that I am aware of except for absence of MP3 support.

That is a big jump from 19.02 to 20.01 though.

Also, keep in mind that version 19.02 supports software deltas. i.e. BMW no longer has to upgrade all the software, they can do it in modules which is much faster.

So your invoice may show 20.1, however, only a subset of the i-drive may have been updated, not the entire system.

This is where we need to know what functional area was upgraded.

Did you compain about anything to the dealer? or did the upgrade as part of the service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer
No, but Cobradav and Intrepid will find out, and Chuck92103 won't be able to contain himself until they tell us!

(It could be the catchy brakes or the inability to modulate the engine at low RPMs, but I don't have my hopes up for either of those!)

Last edited by chuck92103; 12-01-2005 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Vicken Vicken is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: BMW 645CI
Hi Everyone,
Just picked up my 6 today and the steering feels whole lot better. "Tighter". I was miss led by the 20.1, the invoice states 19.2 was flashed. And I noticed now my radio has RDS feature which I don't remember having with the 18.X software. To answer your question Chuck, I always complain that my IDrive crashes and wont start up for hours and days. I also State how my steering with the active steering takes a dump while im driving
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2005, 12:56 PM
chuck92103's Avatar
chuck92103 chuck92103 is offline
Banned
Location: Socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,650
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Cool,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicken
Hi Everyone,
Just picked up my 6 today and the steering feels whole lot better. "Tighter". I was miss led by the 20.1, the invoice states 19.2 was flashed. And I noticed now my radio has RDS feature which I don't remember having with the 18.X software. To answer your question Chuck, I always complain that my IDrive crashes and wont start up for hours and days. I also State how my steering with the active steering takes a dump while im driving
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what are the recalls on 95 e36?? nads12345 E36 (1991 - 1999) 28 11-27-2013 12:10 PM
September Navigation Software Update nitram_luap Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech 16 05-31-2007 04:04 PM
The 2006 Bmw 7 Series tim330i BMW News Articles and Announcements 0 01-27-2005 02:22 PM
E65 V12 debuts nate General BMW 21 07-14-2004 09:04 PM
323/325 328/330 etc. engine changes Optimus Prime General BMW 15 04-03-2004 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms