Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Svc Bulletin for Recent 6er Cabrios (3rd brake light)

SI B 63 05 05 Lights September 2005
Technical Service

SUBJECT
Third Brake Light Cracked

MODEL
E64 (6 Series) from 6/05 to 8/05 Production

SITUATION
The third brake light lens may crack.

Approximately 30 millimeters from the left or right side of the brake light the lens may crack.

CAUSE
Excessive tension on the third brake light lens. A change has been made in the tempering process.

PRODEDURE
For all affected vehicles, on a customer complaint basis, replace the third brake light. Refer to TIS (RA 63 25 000) for replacement instructions.

PARTS INFORMATION

Part Number Description Quantity

63 25 6 911 909 Third Stop Light 1

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Ads by Google
Old 11-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobradav
SI B 63 05 05 Lights September 2005
Technical Service

SUBJECT
Third Brake Light Cracked
Where do you get your info cobra? It's like you're a BMW engineer or something.
Does BMW call the buyers up on any of these things, or is it something that the consumers have to keep up on? And if so, where do you go?

Quote:
MODEL
E64 (6 Series) from 6/05 to 8/05 Production
These are the dates when the car rolled off the factory floor, right? I bought my car February 2005, right off the dealer's lot, so I'm safe. Didn't you post another bulletin about cars during this date? It looks like these cars were a 'bad batch'.

Quote:
SITUATION
The third brake light lens may crack.

Approximately 30 millimeters from the left or right side of the brake light the lens may crack.

I haven't seen that, but I think mine aren't sealed correctly. Every time I wash my car, I see dew forming on the inside. This could rust out the wiring eventually. I should take it to the dealer and have it fixed. I've had so many problems with my 6er, I go in there at least every 3 weeks. Everyone can recognize me and all know my name. At one point, it felt natural to ask for a job application. It's rather embarassing.

Anyways thanks for the update.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4 35is, X5 50i
I just noticed mine break two days ago! Fantastic, just need to bring it in.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothCruise
Does BMW call the buyers up on any of these things, or is it something that the consumers have to keep up on? And if so, where do you go?

On recalls for major items or safety issues BMW should mail owners a notification and they might even call if truly serious. Otherwise at service they might just do a fix. The third method is "upon owner complaint". These choices are included in the Service Bulletin. No, not a BMW engineer, but I played one on TV

These are the dates when the car rolled off the factory floor, right? I bought my car February 2005, right off the dealer's lot, so I'm safe. Didn't you post another bulletin about cars during this date? It looks like these cars were a 'bad batch'.

You will find your mfr date in the door pillar in same area as tire pressure.

I haven't seen that, but I think mine aren't sealed correctly. Every time I wash my car, I see dew forming on the inside. This could rust out the wiring eventually. I should take it to the dealer and have it fixed. I've had so many problems with my 6er, I go in there at least every 3 weeks. Everyone can recognize me and all know my name. At one point, it felt natural to ask for a job application. It's rather embarassing.

Anyways thanks for the update.
You're welcome

Last edited by cobradav; 12-01-2005 at 07:14 PM.