Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio
Mal, I could not find any information on calibrating the Nav Sys in the owner's manual. Is there any other source that you know about. Any suggestions Cobradav?
I will go out to my car to see if I can find it in the Nav system. I know it is there in the Merc.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Tio, you don't currently live in a new development area do you?

Some new areas may not be reflected on the DVD yet.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:05 PM

Mein Auto:
It's not there but this is what you can do to see what is wrong (maybe). Go to Nav. Then click down to the last column and look for Current Location. It will give you your location in longitude and latitude. Check to see what your real location is on the Internet. Compare the differences and you will see where your Nav is off. (I hope this works. It could get ugly.) This site may be of help.

I think that your Nav has to be re-initialized in your iDrive (something like being re-introduced since the new functions may have displaced portions of it from RAM). But what do I know? I am only a consumer and critic of crummy Microsoft products.

Last edited by Malibubimmer; 01-15-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Well all I know about nav is this and the possibility that you have an intermittent connection to the GPS antenna.

SI B 84 10 05
Phone, Navigation Systems November 2005
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B84 10 05 dated September 2005.

designates changes to this revision

SUBJECT
CCC Navigation Displays Incorrect Vehicle Position

MODEL
E90, E91 (3 Series) with SA 609 (Navigation System)

E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 (Navigation System)

E63, E64 (6 Series)

SITUATION
The customer may have one or more of the following complaints:

Incorrect vehicle location is displayed.

Map displays only background color, no streets.

Route Guidance cannot be started.

The following fault may be stored in the CCC-A (Car Communication Computer Applications)

"A062 No communication with Hip module"

CAUSE
Hip module software/hardware

PROCEDURE

Perform battery reset.

Perform short test on vehicle using DIS CD 43 or later.

Page to the right and select "Function Selection".

Select "Service Functions/Body/Car Communication Computer/Reset HIP module", and continue with "Test Plan".

Select in "Own test plan" "Reset HIP module S6512_50002" and continue.

Follow the instructions for resetting the HIP module.

Clear all fault memories from the vehicle.

It is very important that the vehicle is driven for at least 15 minutes with good GPS reception in order to determine the vehicle location.

If the problem is not resolved, replace the HIP module.

After the HIP module is replaced, continue with the next step.

Using the DIS/GT1 Perform a short test on the vehicle and then page right.

Select "Control Module Functions"

Select "CCC-A Applications" from the control module list.

Select "Component Activation/Navigation ECE".

Highlight part function "Initialize software for HIP module" and press "Activate".

Wait until the display switches from "Software Loading running" to successfully complete".

It is very important that the vehicle is driven for at least 15 minutes with good GPS reception in order to determine the vehicle location.

Submit a PuMA case to the Electrical Group if the problem is not resolved.

Wait for further instructions from the Electrical Group.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Come Back Soon

Mein Auto: 645Ci or Carveboard
No, my development is four years old and it was showing up before the Satellite install. It looks like I need to take it back in. I am going to La Jolla this weekend to look at a few summer rentals. So it would be nicve to be able to enter the address and just go to it. I can always use internet maps. If I take it back on Tuesday, I might get it back by Thursday?
2008 550i - Carbon Black - Black Nasca Leather - Ventilated Seats - Dark Poplar Trim - Anthracite - Sport Package - Cold Weather Package - Logic7 - Sirius - Navigation - iPod - Comfort Access - Steptronic - HUD - M5 Wheels - Arrived July 17, 2007

Previously 77' 320i; 81' 318i; 85' 535i; 95' 525i; and 04' 645CiC
Old 01-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned

I bet you a dollar to a donut, your dealer updated your software, but not to the latest version and now it is rev or two behind the CIP bulletin previously posted which triggered the Nav issue.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Come Back Soon

If I was a betting man, I wouldn't touch that bet! I am sure that they screwed up something.
2008 550i - Carbon Black - Black Nasca Leather - Ventilated Seats - Dark Poplar Trim - Anthracite - Sport Package - Cold Weather Package - Logic7 - Sirius - Navigation - iPod - Comfort Access - Steptronic - HUD - M5 Wheels - Arrived July 17, 2007

Old 01-15-2006, 03:55 PM

Mein Auto:
I think Cobradav has diagnosed your problem. See above. However, BMW won't be able to figure it out. After all, BMW gets paid to do this and for Cobradav it's only a hobby. So, Cobradav does it right.

Bring Cobradav's post in with you when you go to your dealer, who probably will read it, listen to you and go
Old 01-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Come Back Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer
I think Cobradav has diagnosed your problem. See above. However, BMW won't be able to figure it out. After all, BMW gets paid to do this and for Cobradav it's only a hobby. So, Cobradav does it right.

Bring Cobradav's post in with you when you go to your dealer, who probably will read it, listen to you and go
That is exactly what I did when they said I couldn't have the Aux Line and Satellite radio. After seeing his post and a picture of what it looks like installed, they admitted that they assumed that they couldn't do it because there were restrictions on the 5 series. At which time I reminded them that I had brought in my 645.

Old 01-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio
That is exactly what I did when they said I couldn't have the Aux Line and Satellite radio. After seeing his post and a picture of what it looks like installed, they admitted that they assumed that they couldn't do it because there were restrictions on the 5 series. At which time I reminded them that I had brought in my 645.
I would grab the other CIP bulletin on this board for CIP 20.x that adds MP3 support as well.

If you are going back in, I would ensure you get the latest version, that has everything working, and be done with it. Good luck.