Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: Jet Black 650i
San Diego BMW Resources

The following list of business cards has been collected by me over the last week after driving around this beautiful city looking for quality providers of "services" on my BMW and Audi. All of them were highly recommended by people whom I trust, who know their trade very well. So Im passing them on to those of you who might be looking for "who" to do "what" in San Diego.

* Group 5 Motorsport - Highest Recommended of them all for BMW custom wheel installation, mods, and kit installation. Any change you want to do to your BMW, these guys seem to be considered the citywide experts. The owner must have fielded questions from me for a half hour personally, without acting rushed or irritated. Much appreciated.

* Detail Works - given to me as the "best" BMW detailer in San Diego. "Amazing" work, they said. Cost matches quality though - 6 series complete detail (the works) with highest quality indoor work will run you $285. Audi sized car - $235. He suggests once quarterly. Lesser details I assume available for cheaper.

* Dents Plus - Given to me for my Audi as the best place to get minor door dings fixed quickly and expertly.

* Velvet Touch - Focused on fixing scrapes, cuts, abrasions, etc to rims. Its apparently all they do, so they've earned the referrals from their industry colleagues.

* Tint Devil - The only one of these services I've used so far, and the only one I can vouch for personally. Guy did my Audi tint perfectly and it looks great 3 years later. I'll let you know how well the 650 tint goes (nervous, fingers crossed).

With that, you have 4 days of driving around and narrowing down the referrals from trustworthy people. Hopefully the services provided by them match the rave reviews they all got. Just passing this on to those who may do a search for San Diego service providers.

-N-
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: It's constantly changing.
Now that was a nice thing of you to do. Now, I only wish that I lived in the San Diego area, rather than on the other side of the country.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Banned

I thought of you when I decided where to take pics of the 650 tomorrow. Remembered your post about the weather comparisons. Hopefully have some bright sunshiney settings to take advantage of. San Diego is a constant "post card" everywhere you go.

-N-
Old 01-20-2006, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevervana
I thought of you when I decided where to take pics of the 650 tomorrow. Remembered your post about the weather comparisons. Hopefully have some bright sunshiney settings to take advantage of. San Diego is a constant "post card" everywhere you go.

-N-
Don't rub it in too much. I'm actually originally from the Cali area myself, I was born at Mather AFB in Sacramento many years ago, while my family all originally hails from the Bay Area. But it won't be too bad tomorrow here in the DC area, it's supposed to get up in the 60s. Time to give the car a good wash, before it rains again on Sat. night.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:15 AM
Banned

Definitely not rubbing it in. Hoping to spread the good vibes! I went to college in Virginia, and frothed at the mouth when friends in San Diego sent pictures in February. It was like a beacon of light just watching their home movies sometimes because all I saw out my window in VA was grey grey grey. Then I got to go home to Long Island on break, and see more dirt and brown and grey. Blah!

-N-
Old 01-20-2006, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevervana
Definitely not rubbing it in. Hoping to spread the good vibes! I went to college in Virginia, and frothed at the mouth when friends in San Diego sent pictures in February. It was like a beacon of light just watching their home movies sometimes because all I saw out my window in VA was grey grey grey. Then I got to go home to Long Island on break, and see more dirt and brown and grey. Blah!

-N-
Trust me.......I lived in England for 6 years, and it doesn't get more "grey" than there. I do miss CA, but only head out there now to visit family.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillKach
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 vert
Thanks for the info. I definately agree about Detail Works; the best in the county.
2004 545i TiAg/Black/Anthracite, Step, SP (ED 11/03, sold 4/05)
2001 330Cic Steel Blue/Black, retired
1998 Z3 2.8 Montreal Blue/Black, retired