Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > The MINI Board

The MINI Board
The Mini Cooper Forum

Old 01-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Computer? Say what...

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 335i Sedan
Question "Lugging" from right front? Possible problems?

Let me start this off by saying that just today I got all new tires mounted/balanced and a full alignment (which is dead on now).

Before today and after the work that was done today I hear a sort of "lugging" coming from the front right corner of the car. It only occurs between 50-70mph and comes and goes right on cue. It's like a "lugging" sound at a constant frequency. Like I said, it was heard before today (different rim/different tire) and after the work that was done today (different rim/different tire). Anyone have any clue what it may be? I'm taking it into the dealership tomorrow under warranty, but I'm still curious as to what it may be and how long its going to take to track down and fix.

Some information: the tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s (215/45 17), the rims are the stock MCS rims (forget what they're called exactly), and the previous tires were the same size, different brand. Also, I hate to admit it.. but the noise started when I lost traction getting onto the highway and I slid into the median (only the right front corner (duh) hit the curb, nothing else did). Just keep in mind, that the rim that was at the right front corner when the impact occur is NOT the same rim that is now in that location, but yet the noise still remains. What behind the rim could be causing this noise?

Thanks guys, I hate that fact that I just admitted to losing traction, but seriously.. I was only going 35mph on a left hand turn that was not sharp. The tires also still had some tread left! The tires were Yokohama A550s or some model akin to that.. suffice to say I'll never own Yokohama anything again!

Last edited by pcmike; 01-25-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Advertisement