Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-19-2006, 06:27 PM
760Lifan's Avatar
760Lifan 760Lifan is offline
BMW-addicted
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,276
Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Question concerning Comfort-Access...

Hi,

I couldn't find that in the manual, so let's see what you guys know:

When I pull the driver's door handle or any other one, only the specific door unlocks. Is there a possibility to unlock ALL doors by pulling the driver's door-handle (central unlocking feature)? It's bad that everybody has to wait until I have unlocked and opened my door, sat down and pressed the interior unlocking button... ).

Thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 01-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
Registered User
Location: Bay Area, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 93
Mein Auto: X5 & 5
Not possible
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-19-2006, 06:53 PM
chuck92103's Avatar
chuck92103 chuck92103 is offline
Banned
Location: Socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,651
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
You know, you could use the remote key fob when you have passengers.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-19-2006, 07:12 PM
760Lifan's Avatar
760Lifan 760Lifan is offline
BMW-addicted
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,276
Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Thanks!

Hmm, that's what I thought..
On the other hand - maybe it's also a kind of safety-feature that only one door opens...and as you pointed out - I can use the remote if I have passengers...

Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-19-2006, 07:31 PM
kd2789mo kd2789mo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MO
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 433
Mein Auto: Radio Flyer Z38/5.7m
I believe there is a key fob option (programmable at BMW service) for Central Locking, "Unlock all when remote control removed."
Its default setting is inactive.
__________________
Kd
----------------
04 745Li Silver/Grey, 19" Star, LOGIC7, CWP, Adaptive Cruise, LSP, CP, PDC, Shades, Xenon, Sirius
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-19-2006, 11:27 PM
760Lifan's Avatar
760Lifan 760Lifan is offline
BMW-addicted
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,276
Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd2789mo
I believe there is a key fob option (programmable at BMW service) for Central Locking, "Unlock all when remote control removed."
Its default setting is inactive.
That would be great - I'll ask my dealer at my next visit...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-20-2006, 12:14 PM
jkb's Avatar
jkb jkb is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Santa Clara, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 707
Mein Auto: 2006 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan
Hi,

I couldn't find that in the manual, so let's see what you guys know:

When I pull the driver's door handle or any other one, only the specific door unlocks. Is there a possibility to unlock ALL doors by pulling the driver's door-handle (central unlocking feature)? It's bad that everybody has to wait until I have unlocked and opened my door, sat down and pressed the interior unlocking button... ).

Thanks in advance...
my car does exactly what you want. when i pull on the door handle, all four doors unlock. this is dealer programmable.
__________________
2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 , Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 996 C2 Cab 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. ROW-M030. V1. Evo V-Flow. GIAC ECU. Aspheric mirrors. Turbo Bumper. GT3 Console Delete. Tint. SSK. PSE mod. Suncoast headers.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-20-2006, 12:15 PM
jkb's Avatar
jkb jkb is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Santa Clara, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 707
Mein Auto: 2006 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Not possible
you couldn't be more wrong.
__________________
2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 , Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 996 C2 Cab 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. ROW-M030. V1. Evo V-Flow. GIAC ECU. Aspheric mirrors. Turbo Bumper. GT3 Console Delete. Tint. SSK. PSE mod. Suncoast headers.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-20-2006, 03:38 PM
760Lifan's Avatar
760Lifan 760Lifan is offline
BMW-addicted
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,276
Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan_745Li
my car does exactly what you want. when i pull on the door handle, all four doors unlock. this is dealer programmable.
Thank You, yan!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-20-2006, 05:43 PM
2006bmw750li 2006bmw750li is offline
BMW Individual
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 91
Mein Auto: 2006bmw750li
My car started off with only one door unlocked, brought to dealer, they reprogrammed and it's now any-one-pull-unlocks-all.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-20-2006, 06:34 PM
760Lifan's Avatar
760Lifan 760Lifan is offline
BMW-addicted
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,276
Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006bmw750li
My car started off with only one door unlocked, brought to dealer, they reprogrammed and it's now any-one-pull-unlocks-all.
Thanks! Seems like you weren't happy with the standard set-up (unlocking of only one door) as well....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-21-2006, 10:49 PM
2006bmw750li 2006bmw750li is offline
BMW Individual
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 91
Mein Auto: 2006bmw750li
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan
Thanks! Seems like you weren't happy with the standard set-up (unlocking of only one door) as well....
Standard set-up is extremely annoying in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Docpete Docpete is offline
Registered User
Location: Salisbury MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 750li
I learned about this issue from previous posts. My dealer still forgot to do it. My problem is that I'm enjoying the car to much to give it up for a day. Am I correct that you can also program the door locks to activate above a certain speed?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-22-2006, 08:11 AM
760Lifan's Avatar
760Lifan 760Lifan is offline
BMW-addicted
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,276
Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Funny, that's actually programmed into our 760Li already....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-22-2006, 10:43 AM
kd2789mo kd2789mo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MO
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 433
Mein Auto: Radio Flyer Z38/5.7m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docpete
I learned about this issue from previous posts. My dealer still forgot to do it. My problem is that I'm enjoying the car to much to give it up for a day. Am I correct that you can also program the door locks to activate above a certain speed?
Correct, it's called "drive-away locking." I believe the speed is not selective, mine lock at 6mph.
__________________
Kd
----------------
04 745Li Silver/Grey, 19" Star, LOGIC7, CWP, Adaptive Cruise, LSP, CP, PDC, Shades, Xenon, Sirius
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-22-2006, 12:36 PM
760Lifan's Avatar
760Lifan 760Lifan is offline
BMW-addicted
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,276
Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd2789mo
Correct, it's called "drive-away locking." I believe the speed is not selective, mine lock at 6mph.
Yep, that's at the same speed ours looks...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
Registered User
Location: Bay Area, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 93
Mein Auto: X5 & 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan_745Li
you couldn't be more wrong.
And I am quite glad about that. Now if only BMW would let these dealer programmable item be driver programmable.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-23-2006, 07:57 AM
760Lifan's Avatar
760Lifan 760Lifan is offline
BMW-addicted
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,276
Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
And I am quite glad about that. Now if only BMW would let these dealer programmable item be driver programmable.
The real problem is: I finally found something about this feature in the manual - but they don't mention it can be programmed - they just state: This is possible / impossible...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-23-2006, 10:26 AM
jkb's Avatar
jkb jkb is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Santa Clara, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 707
Mein Auto: 2006 750i
you guys also know there is a feature which unlocks all the doors when you turn off the car, right? i have it enabled. dont have to pull on the door handle twice when i stop and ready to get out.
__________________
2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 , Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 996 C2 Cab 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. ROW-M030. V1. Evo V-Flow. GIAC ECU. Aspheric mirrors. Turbo Bumper. GT3 Console Delete. Tint. SSK. PSE mod. Suncoast headers.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-30-2006, 03:36 PM
XZLR8's Avatar
XZLR8 XZLR8 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,262
Mein Auto: X6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan_745Li
you guys also know there is a feature which unlocks all the doors when you turn off the car, right? i have it enabled. dont have to pull on the door handle twice when i stop and ready to get out.
I'm late catching this, but I did not know this. Another dealer programmed option, I'm assuming? Hmm, that might be nice...
__________________

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-30-2006, 04:04 PM
jkb's Avatar
jkb jkb is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Santa Clara, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 707
Mein Auto: 2006 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZLR8
I'm late catching this, but I did not know this. Another dealer programmed option, I'm assuming? Hmm, that might be nice...
hi here

yes, it is a dealer programmed option. it can only be enabled if you have "drive away" locks set to ON (the feature which locks all the doors when you hit 5mph)
__________________
2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 , Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 996 C2 Cab 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. ROW-M030. V1. Evo V-Flow. GIAC ECU. Aspheric mirrors. Turbo Bumper. GT3 Console Delete. Tint. SSK. PSE mod. Suncoast headers.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-30-2006, 04:18 PM
jkb's Avatar
jkb jkb is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Santa Clara, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 707
Mein Auto: 2006 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZLR8
I'm late catching this, but I did not know this. Another dealer programmed option, I'm assuming? Hmm, that might be nice...
as far as i remember, you got your 745 without comfort access (i remember you saying on roadfly that since it was first year it was out you didn't want to take a risk with new technology).

so in your case (and such was a case with my '03 745), when you pull into the garage, with your foot on the break, hold the start/stop button and it will:

* put the car in park
* turn it off
* pop the remote control fob out for you to take
* unlock the car
__________________
2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 , Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 996 C2 Cab 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. ROW-M030. V1. Evo V-Flow. GIAC ECU. Aspheric mirrors. Turbo Bumper. GT3 Console Delete. Tint. SSK. PSE mod. Suncoast headers.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-30-2006, 06:20 PM
kd2789mo kd2789mo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MO
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 433
Mein Auto: Radio Flyer Z38/5.7m
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan_745Li
as far as i remember, you got your 745 without comfort access (i remember you saying on roadfly that since it was first year it was out you didn't want to take a risk with new technology).

so in your case (and such was a case with my '03 745), when you pull into the garage, with your foot on the break, hold the start/stop button and it will:

* put the car in park
* turn it off
* pop the remote control fob out for you to take
* unlock the car
The car does not need to have the Comfort Access package for this feature. The first 3 are standard.
The fourth is a programmable unlock feature available on all 7's. (see the 5th post of this thread)
It's called "Central Locking >unlock when remote is removed."
It is set inactive by default. If your car is unlocking when the remote is removed, it has been set to active in your keyfob by BMW, with, or without your knowledge.
__________________
Kd
----------------
04 745Li Silver/Grey, 19" Star, LOGIC7, CWP, Adaptive Cruise, LSP, CP, PDC, Shades, Xenon, Sirius
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-30-2006, 06:37 PM
jkb's Avatar
jkb jkb is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Santa Clara, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 707
Mein Auto: 2006 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd2789mo
The car does not need to have the Comfort Access package for this feature.
yes i know. my '03 745 had it. i am sorry if i wasn't clear, but thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd2789mo
The first 3 are standard.
The fourth is a programmable unlock feature available on all 7's. (see the 5th post of this thread)
It's called "Central Locking >unlock when remote is removed."
It is set inactive by default. If your car is unlocking when the remote is removed, it has been set to active in your keyfob by BMW, with, or without your knowledge.
__________________
2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 , Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 996 C2 Cab 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. ROW-M030. V1. Evo V-Flow. GIAC ECU. Aspheric mirrors. Turbo Bumper. GT3 Console Delete. Tint. SSK. PSE mod. Suncoast headers.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comfort Access jkjjpc E60 (2004 - 2010) 11 02-20-2006 10:19 AM
Comfort Access Warning :) DonziJosh E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) 12 10-23-2005 01:55 PM
Comfort Access greg0320 E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) 22 07-21-2005 06:49 PM
Comfort Access for ED mcg-doc European Delivery 7 07-10-2005 10:15 AM
comfort access realcanuk 7 Series / 8 Series 3 06-26-2004 11:03 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms