Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 02-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Dodge this!

Mein Auto: 2004 E46 M3
I love my Shark

I just took a small road trip this weekend from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. Usually, I just drive my car on the streets back and forth to the office. But this weekend gave me a chance to open the M up and see how the Shark works on the big end.

First, before I got to Baker, a Shaguar was trying to mess with me. I was doing around 85-90 and this woman was getting silly. So I was obligated to give her an a$$ wippin' I didn't even need to downshift. Just rolled on the gas, and watched the speedo climb. Somewhere past 150mph, I decided that I should let off for and wait for her to get back into the same time zone. The funny thing is that with the stock gears, I still had another 3K RPM or so. That's when I said, it's nice not to have a speed governor.

Second, I was in Canyon Country and some hot chick in a modded 350Z (ala Need For Speed Underground 2) pulls up next to me and starts reving and edging forward at the light. I tell my buddy that it's on as I hit the sport button and turn the DSC off. Light turns green and not being 100% sure she wanted to race, only 99%, I wait for a split second to see if she will go for it. She does and it's on. I had my shift light set at 7900. Normally, I would have tapped the rev limiter (by the time I saw the light and reacted to it). But with the Shark, I was able to make the shift before 8100 and the car hauled a$$. I left her so bad and I gave her a light show after. At the next light, she pulled halfway into the intersection so as to avoid our smirking glances.

Before this weekend, all I had to say about the shark is that the car feels quicker and smoother with a better exhaust tone. Now, I can say that I truly appreciate the higher rev limiter and disabled speed governor also.

Just thought I would share.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to ///MLover
Mein Auto: Nothing
Man what a nice story.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:43 AM
World Traveller Forever

Mein Auto: 1992 BMW 325ic M Technic
Dude,,

Dayyum bro. Awesome.
That car looks really aggressive by the way. Nice ride.
Great writing by the way too. Your good!
P.S. I took this shot at X Games this year. It look like he's hanging onto the follow cam (Flycam). Hilarious!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motorcyclejumpxgames05.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	69004  

"Swimming with the sharks" All over this World...I'll see you in the next one.,,yeahhhh.... AND DON"T BE LATE,,,, DON"T BE LAAATTEE!

Last edited by 325ic a beer; 02-21-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to MichaelDanteP Send a message via MSN to MichaelDanteP Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelDanteP
Mein Auto: 330 Ci
Beautiful car

did you ever have it on a dyno?

how many horse do you guess you have with the mods?

I am buying one and looking to tweak it.