Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 03-08-2006, 12:52 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
Exclamation Cigarette lighter power

Two questions -

First off I own a 2002 M3 and I'm trying to find if there is another cigarette lighter power source anywhere else in the car besides the one in the front where the ashtray is. Is there another one anywhere else that I haven't seen yet? Anywhere? Maybe in the trunk?

Also, does anyone have any information on the non-smoker package. What is it and where can I find some info on it? I heard they take out the ashtray and give you some extra storage space... this true?

thx
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Pastafarian Extraordinair

Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpapa
Two questions -

First off I own a 2002 M3 and I'm trying to find if there is another cigarette lighter power source anywhere else in the car besides the one in the front where the ashtray is. Is there another one anywhere else that I haven't seen yet? Anywhere? Maybe in the trunk?

Also, does anyone have any information on the non-smoker package. What is it and where can I find some info on it? I heard they take out the ashtray and give you some extra storage space... this true?

thx
If you need another power source you can buy a special adapter that plugs into the location of where you flashlight is in the glove box. Call your local BMW parts department and they can give you a price on it.

Also, you can always buy the 1 in 3 plugs that turn a single lighter power source into three. They are available at most auto parts store and Radio Shack. Just be carefull how much crap you plug in at once as you could blow the fuse or drain the battery if you leave it plugged in.