Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 03-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: higher mile m3
The state government is holding me 6 weeks before I can buy my m3

this is not cool....way not cool...
I got it picked out.. priced as I wanted..decent buck on the trade in (deal is fine and so is the car) 2002 used with 6 year 100k warr.

1. I paid cash for my current ride. I dont have the title. why? I thought I did, I just have the application to the title. The dealer cant take my trade until he gets the offical title.

2. I called the state, they will mail me forms, I will mail them back. they will process it. They will mail it back. Since the state government is basically does it when it feels like it.... IT WILL TAKE 6-8 weeks for me to recieve my title...

3. My car was in a wreck, it doesnt show up on carfax yet, I need to dump this POS.

4. I am pissed off.

5. this m3 vert will sell within 6 weeks I bet

Last edited by DJ_INHALE; 03-17-2006 at 10:53 AM.
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2006, 10:46 AM

Mein Auto: '11 1M;'08 MCS;'02 325iT
US Gov't, or State DMV?
Old 03-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
If I understand your post correctly, you are saying that aliens from another galaxy have taken over state governments and the federal government is run by communists and you cannot get an M3?

What about CarFax -- an truth to the rumor that they are owned by a Indonesian-Malaysian consortium that has strong ties to Al Qaeda?
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Old 03-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC
If I understand your post correctly, you are saying that aliens from another galaxy have taken over state governments and the federal government is run by communists and you cannot get an M3?

What about CarFax -- an truth to the rumor that they are owned by a Indonesian-Malaysian consortium that has strong ties to Al Qaeda?

lol

i dunno man I am just pissed off.. STATE GOV.

whatever LOL....

carfax..my accident hasnt shown up yet so I want to get rid of my car before it shows....

i want my m3
Old 03-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Hydrocarbon Man

Mein Auto: Soon!
Sorry, but don't blame this on the State or Federales or whoever...

If you had paid attention to the details in your last transaction, you'd be driving an M car now. How is that the government's fault?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
Sorry, but don't blame this on the State or Federales or whoever...

If you had paid attention to the details in your last transaction, you'd be driving an M car now. How is that the government's fault?

I know...I screwed up, but 6-8 weeks? thats a bit long.......
Old 03-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Hydrocarbon Man

Mein Auto: Soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_INHALE
Dude, compared to some branches of the government, that is lightning fast.

If this deal falls through, there will be others. Gonna be no shortage of E46's on the market for several years.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
Dude, compared to some branches of the government, that is lightning fast.

If this deal falls through, there will be others. Gonna be no shortage of E46's on the market for several years.

lol

sorry for my rent....

I wrote the check and called my finance company deal is done (he took my title and realized it was just the application for the title. i had call the bank and cancl and cry

when you are teased this bad would feel ****y too..

Last edited by DJ_INHALE; 03-17-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:00 AM

Mein Auto: S2000
[QUOTE=DJ_INHALE]

3. My car was in a wreck, it doesnt show up on carfax yet, I need to dump this POS.

So you're trying to screw someone into buying your roached out ride without disclosing the damage? If you do it to a dealer and they get pissed enough you do understand their ability to come after you for $$$ far above the extra depreciation? Also if someone is in your wrecked car they bought and dies in an accident due to a weakened or improperly repaired frame, etc., and you disclosed nothing then you're really in for bad times with your local DA's office and in civil court. I'd disclose the damage to whomever takes your new ride, but it's just a thought....
Old 03-18-2006, 07:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ??
Quote:
call ur state representative's office. sometimes, they can pull some strings. u may be surprised.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Registered lunatic.

Mein Auto: M-Sport twins.
[QUOTE=exotics4fun]
Quote:

So you're trying to screw someone into buying your roached out ride without disclosing the damage? If you do it to a dealer and they get pissed enough you do understand their ability to come after you for $$$ far above the extra depreciation? Also if someone is in your wrecked car they bought and dies in an accident due to a weakened or improperly repaired frame, etc., and you disclosed nothing then you're really in for bad times with your local DA's office and in civil court. I'd disclose the damage to whomever takes your new ride, but it's just a thought....

That's just wrong to do to anyone.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:29 AM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
Did you ask about going in person to teh DMV? When I bought the LTW I took the paperwork in, waited about 30 minutes, walked up to the counter, paid and walked out with title and plates.

How did you register it without a title?

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Old 03-20-2006, 07:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 M3 Coupe SMG
I had to wait almost 5 MONTHS for my title to the 968 I recently sold. I bought it from a very stand up guy who sells new Porsches for a living at a prestigious dealership. The car was his personal transportation.

Financial companies and state agencies oftentimes have nothing better to do than not help you out...As a result I will never buy a car with a lien on the title ever again, no matter how good the deal is. It was a real nightmare--I too paid cash, but the PO had a loan on the car. The title got lost twice and sat on the "inbox" of some shmuck's desk for at least 2 months doing nothing.

Previous:
1992 Porsche 968 Coupe Black/Black
1997 Porsche 993 Coupe Arctic Silver/Black
2001 Porsche 996 Coupe Black/Black
Old 03-20-2006, 06:31 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Some states just aren't efficient with titles... what else can I say??

Be happy that you don't live in RI. Our bureaucracy make things very difficult! I purchased my '02 325i off-lease in September, and the new title in my name was just issued about 2 weeks ago. It usually takes 5-6 months to get a title in RI. If you're in a real bind, you can apply for a "rush" title, which requires an extra fee and enables you to get the title in 2-4 weeks.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=E60orBust]
Quote:
Originally Posted by exotics4fun

That's just wrong to do to anyone.

the car ride and drives the same, some asshat just hit me (my car was parked) If I tell the dealership it was in a wreck, they will give me nothing for my trade in but yet resell it at the same price as if the car was prefect. They would simply explain to their customers it was professionally repaired and thats our price.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Registered lunatic.

Mein Auto: M-Sport twins.
Quote:
the car ride and drives the same, some asshat just hit me (my car was parked) If I tell the dealership it was in a wreck, they will give me nothing for my trade in but yet resell it at the same price as if the car was prefect. They would simply explain to their customers it was professionally repaired and thats our price.
Bad wording then. "Wreck" brings the picture of flipped/rolled/t-boned or otherwise royally screwed up. Damanged/Involved in an accident is a wider range and can be anything from an idiot kid on a bicycle to an asshat who couldn't avoid a parked car.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:59 AM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
And deliberately not telling about it, does open you up to potential liability and legal action.

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)