Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2006: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2006: Santa Barbara, CA
April 8th has come and gone. See the pictures and read the stories of Bimmerfest 2006!

Old 03-20-2006, 01:22 PM

Mein Auto: 318 IS, 320 i
Raffle Limits?

Does anyone know if there are going to be any limitations to the raffle this year?

I remember that last year one guy bought like $500 in tickets and won most of the prizes. Is it going to be the same rules this year? Can you buy as many tickets as you want and win as many prizes as you want?

If some restrictions are going to be applied maybe catagorizing the prizes into 3 categories:

Large = Tires, S/C Kits, Etc
Medium = Sway bars, Springs, etc
Small = Hats, shirts, roundel stickers, etc.

Then say a winner can have 1 prize from category one, Or two from category two, Or three from category three.

Just an idea.

:dunno
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroG
Does anyone know if there are going to be any limitations to the raffle this year?

I remember that last year one guy bought like $500 in tickets and won most of the prizes. Is it going to be the same rules this year? Can you buy as many tickets as you want and win as many prizes as you want?

If some restrictions are going to be applied maybe catagorizing the prizes into 3 categories:

Large = Tires, S/C Kits, Etc
Medium = Sway bars, Springs, etc
Small = Hats, shirts, roundel stickers, etc.

Then say a winner can have 1 prize from category one, Or two from category two, Or three from category three.

Just an idea.

:dunno
WHY?
The more tickets you buy, the more chances you have to win.
Besides, the winning of thing's is cool and all, but it's where the money is going (CALM) that's the most important thing, I hope most will not forget that.
Hell, if I had 500 bucks to throw down, I sure as hell would.
I was the grand prize winner 2 years ago and I spent 20 bucks on tickets, I guess I was just lucky.
I loved those Toyo T1S's I won that year and am going to buy a set of the new T1R's before coming this year and if I win a set this year, well, oh well, I'll have a set for later.

Last edited by Keith; 03-20-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Expect this years opportunity drawing to be crazy with prizes and winner! Keep in mind this year your entrance to bimmerfest gets you a free opportunity drawing ticket, so we should have more winners (but buying tickets to increase your odds always helps). Remember that all proceeds go to CALM so there are no losers, even if you don't win, you are helping a great charity organization.

Tim
Old 03-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroG

I remember that last year one guy bought like $500 in tickets and won most of the prizes. Is it going to be the same rules this year? Can you buy as many tickets as you want and win as many prizes as you want?...
Trust me... that one guy bought alot more than $500 in tickets. He in fact bought $2000 in raffle tickets. Ask me how I know
Old 03-21-2006, 12:49 AM
328i for life

Send a message via AIM to Ronnaferd Send a message via MSN to Ronnaferd
Mein Auto: 97 328i sport pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang
Trust me... that one guy bought alot more than $500 in tickets. He in fact bought $2000 in raffle tickets. Ask me how I know
$2000 Thats a $h!tload of raffle tix. Whoever did that really wanted some free stuff or really felt like making a generous donation
Old 03-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: .
Buying a large number of tickets does not guarantee a prize. You could buy one ticket and be the grand prize winner.

Beewang could very well spend another $2K this year and not win anything. There is really no use in putting a limit in raffle tickets as the main objective is raising money.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Lurking around since 2005

Send a message via AIM to BMWenthusiast Send a message via MSN to BMWenthusiast
Mein Auto: E90 2006 BMW 330i
Beewang cleaned out last year...it was so funny to listen to the prize drawing last year and hearing his name, as well as Jon and the Santa Barbara BMW staff throwing the cleaning product from Meguir's i think, and the dealership owner saying as he through the product "we are not responsible for any injuries!!!!!"
Old 03-29-2006, 08:25 PM

Mein Auto: 02 330Ci
I thought it was great that Beewang cleaned up. He put a pile of money in and got the goods in return.

I was standing right next to him last year. His face lit up every time!

I'm glad our fellow Festers have generous attitudes and equally deep pockets for charity.

Rock on, Beewang!

See ya this year!
Old 03-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Team EuroProjektz Member

Send a message via AIM to s4play Send a message via Yahoo to s4play
Mein Auto: Lotsa Toys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang
I wonder who was the guy who spent $2000+ hahahaha

Yeah Beewang cleaned house but hey he put $2000 down - the whole idea of a raffle is to buy more chances to win so if you want to win more, just donate more money!

I think I'm going to put a few hundred in this year just for the heck of it....

Rick
Old 03-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
I wonder who was the guy who spent $2000+ hahahaha

Yeah Beewang cleaned house but hey he put $2000 down - the whole idea of a raffle is to buy more chances to win so if you want to win more, just donate more money!

I think I'm going to put a few hundred in this year just for the heck of it....

Rick
Whata ya mean Rick, I thought you were donating a complete stereo for me to win??!
Old 03-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Team EuroProjektz Member

Send a message via AIM to s4play Send a message via Yahoo to s4play
Mein Auto: Lotsa Toys!
Probably dig through my garage since I have tons of BMW aprts so probably can dontate a few times. Who do I talk to and can I decide on day of event?

regards,
rick
Old 03-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Probably dig through my garage since I have tons of BMW aprts so probably can dontate a few times. Who do I talk to and can I decide on day of event?

regards,
rick
Oh geez Rick, I was just messing with you.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
...I have tons of BMW parts so probably can donate a few items.

Rick,

How about a custom exhaust system, or a CAI for an E36 M3?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ewarren18.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	72034  

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 04-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Bimmerfest Junkie

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 540i/6
I have friends who are foster parent here in SB. CALM is a great organization that supports foster families and kids who need help. My friends have said if it wasn't for CALM, they aren't sure they would have been able to handle being foster parents. No matter how much you put in, you are a winner even if you don't take home prizes.

See you there!