Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 10-28-2002, 11:14 AM
Kickin' it old school

Mein Auto: E30 325is
When the E39 came with the window controls on the driver's door, I thought it was all over. But then the E46 surprised me with all 4 controls on the console. Hopefully, the Z4 will just be another little oddball in this way. It just makes so much sense to have them right there, near the shifter, the passenger, etc.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:00 PM

Mein Auto: 01 Mc, 08 M3, Motorrad x2
Quote:
Originally posted by Mystikal
When the E39 came with the window controls on the driver's door, I thought it was all over. But then the E46 surprised me with all 4 controls on the console. Hopefully, the Z4 will just be another little oddball in this way. It just makes so much sense to have them right there, near the shifter, the passenger, etc.
I dunno about other roadster owners, but when I had a 2.8, I would generally raise and lower both windows at the same time. Usually with the top too. This is why I like them co-located.

Even better of course, would be a Ron Stygar/Open Sesame button with raised and lowered both windows and the top simulatenously.

14 S1000R | 09 F650GS | 08 E90 M3 | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe
Old 10-28-2002, 01:13 PM
A sudden sense of liberty

Mein Auto: 535xiT, Golf R, 987S
Quote:
Originally posted by JonM

I dunno about other roadster owners, but when I had a 2.8, I would generally raise and lower both windows at the same time. Usually with the top too. This is why I like them co-located.

Even better of course, would be a Ron Stygar/Open Sesame button with raised and lowered both windows and the top simulatenously.
Yes, the E36 has a button that raises all four windows at once (though the top button is separate). Not sure why they didn't do the same on the Z3/4.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:54 PM
19,585 Miles

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
Quote:
Originally posted by JST

Yes, the E36 has a button that raises all four windows at once (though the top button is separate).
That's where we got the idea for the skunk (open sesame) switch.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:02 PM
Kickin' it old school

Mein Auto: E30 325is
Quote:
Originally posted by JonM

I already open and close both front windows with one hand in the E30 and E46 everyday. Guess I have a big hand?

Not like it really matters in the E46, they're all one-touch anyways.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:17 PM
Butting back in

Mein Auto: GS500F
I love the response to it - love or hate. I'm seeing it tomorrow. I'll give Maldives a fair shot, but generally I prefer blues light or dark, not halfway. I'm dying to see a black one.

If the female employees are Bellevue BMW aren't attractive, will I not like the car?