Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 roadster and coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 10-29-2002, 05:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '00 M Coupe
Going to Bellevue Z4 Launch this evening

Zoom, Zeattle Dave, Kyle and myself are going to the Z4 launch at Bellevue BMW tonight.....Someone needs to watch Zoom... after buying 3 Z3's I think she's an easy mark for the first salesman with a Z4...(just kidding Zoom...I've also had 3 Z3's)
Old 10-29-2002, 05:32 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 M-Coupe 8LM08757
I'm on my second (1st 2000 2.3 and now 2002 ///M) and while the Z4 don't make me gag, I don't see one in my future... I found that my M got as much attention as the Z4 I was parked next to...
Old 10-29-2002, 07:51 AM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
Quote:
Originally posted by zrdster
I'm on my second (1st 2000 2.3 and now 2002 ///M) and while the Z4 don't make me gag, I don't see one in my future... I found that my M got as much attention as the Z4 I was parked next to...
I don't see too many people with M Roadsters (especially S54s) ditching them for the Z4 until an MZ4 come out (if that happens). I'd hang on to those M Roadsters until I knew for sure.
Photo gallery
Old 10-30-2002, 06:01 AM

Mein Auto: '00 M Coupe
Lightbulb Report from Bellevue unveiling

From looking at the car I saw last nightI feel BMW has
decided to compete in the luxury sports roadster market with MB and Lexus and I think based on the package I saw they will do very well against existing competition.....I had gone to unveiling thinking that the Boxster and S2000 and 350Z were competitors... I now think BMW has chosen a more pricy, sophisticated market for the Z4....BMW did not build an equivalent to the S2000 (a motor with wheels, I've driven that car) because they had the M Roadster which was more than competitive with the S2000... they built a better "lexus roadster" and time will tell if the M engineers will strip it down to compete with the S2000 and 350Z...my guess is they will have an M soon...they already have the motor and lots of room in that engine compartment.....