Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 05-04-2006, 03:40 PM
E60 Fanatic

Mein Auto: 2007 BWM 525i Modified
Angry

I have a problem guys...and I need some input and advice.

Reader' Digest version - i ordered my 07 525i on 03/04/06. After sitting in NJ VPC for awhile it arrived at BMW of Newport RI today. That's the good news.

The BAD NEWS is that the order is wrong, and the car delivered has some options/features missing !

The car I ordered was supposed to include Premium Package. It does not. It has the Auburn Leather, but no Premium PKG. The other mistake is that the car came in w/Premium Sound when I had ordered the Logic 7 - which should not include the 6 CD changer. All the other options are accurate.

SO - The Premium Pkg includes -
- leather seats
- Univ Garage Door Opener
- Auto Dim Mirrors
- Lumbar Support
- Ambient Lighting

The Sales Manger told me he would eat the CD changer (which is in the car), and could install the garage door opener. Ok, Fine. This car will be missing the:
- Ambient Light Feature
- Lumbar adjustment on seat
- Auto dimming mirrors

My original deal was for 3% over dlr invoice. They can re-order the car for me - another 8 weeks till delivery probably - which makes it July, or I can have this car with Garage door opener added and the 6 CD changer - the price they are quoting me for the "wrong" car is for their cost by my calculations.

So - do I have them re-order the proper car as requested for a price of 3% profit
OR do I accept this 525 for a savings to me of about $1200 without the extras in the Premium Pkg ?????

This could only happen to me. HELP !

The price he quoted me for this "wrong car" is $45950.00
M-Tech AeroKit / M-Trunk Finisher / M5 Mirrors / Hamaan Splitter / OEM 166 (M6 Offsets) / Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus /
Remus Quad Exhaust / Shadowline Trim / BSW Speakers / AiB V3.0 / 6000K HID Fogs / LCI EU Spec Tails / R1 Concept Rotors
2008 X5 3.0si :
Titanium Silver / Premium Pkg / Tech Pkg / Xenon / CW Pkg / Prem Sound / Sat Radio / Bluetooth /

Last edited by sportzfan76; 05-04-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2006, 04:11 PM
friend of the marque

Send a message via AIM to mullman
Mein Auto: '09 MINI, '09 HD, '67 BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzfan76
So - do I have them re-order the proper car as requested for a price of 3% profit
OR do I accept this 525 for a savings to me of about $1200 without the extras in the Premium Pkg ?????
Sorry to hear about the mix-up.

At this point it is REALLY up to YOU.
Take the car for the $1200 discount (or whatever) or order a new car.

It is frustrating, but 8 weeks is not a lifetime to get what you really want.

What would really suck is if this was an European Delivery and you fly over and be greeted with the wrong car! UGH

'09 MINI S: 'Ronin' '09 H-D Nightster '67 R60/2+'52 Steib sidecar
•previous '95 318i '00 540i6 '61 R50S '69 R69US '98 R1100R '65 R50/2 '64 R50/2 '07 BMW 530i6 ED
Old 05-04-2006, 05:13 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 03 m3, waiting on m235i
Msrp

What is MSRP on both cars, you can use http://kbb.com to get the invoice price on both. From my calculations, if Im reading it correctly

MSRP $49540, Invoice $45760 - orignal car ordered
MSRP $49590, Invoice $45810 - car delivered

If your orignal deal was 3% over invoice that would be $47133, if they are asking 45950, they are selling that car for $140 over invoice, your savings is $1183. Your basically getting the car for invoice which is a deal very few can get. If he is installing garage door opener (the ones on the mirrors are $200+ at his cost, just a guess) you are really getting the car for under invoice which is even a better deal.

Also check this, if he is throwing in the garage door opener which is on the mirror, I think all those types of mirrors are auto-dimming but dont know if it will work on a car w/o the ZPP package, will need to test it to be sure.

Bottom line is like mullman said, its up to you is it worth another $1200 and 8 weeks, your call
Old 05-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Moderator, 5-Series

Mein Auto: Trek 6500 MTB
Pick one more option to ask him to include of the 3 left (I suggest the auto-dimming mirrors...very important to me).

However, the lumbar adjustment might be very, very difficult not to mention expensive as that is a whole new set of front seat by my guess.

Auto-dimming is a couple new wires and the correct mirrors...*should* be do-able as far as I know.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:43 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
I have a problem guys...and I need some input and advice.

Reader' Digest version - i ordered my 07 525i on 03/04/06. After sitting in NJ VPC for awhile it arrived at BMW of Newport RI today. That's the good news.

The BAD NEWS is that the order is wrong, and the car delivered has some options/features missing !

The car I ordered was supposed to include Premium Package. It does not. It has the Auburn Leather, but no Premium PKG. The other mistake is that the car came in w/Premium Sound when I had ordered the Logic 7 - which should not include the 6 CD changer. All the other options are accurate.

SO - The Premium Pkg includes -
- leather seats
- Univ Garage Door Opener
- Auto Dim Mirrors
- Lumbar Support
- Ambient Lighting

The Sales Manger told me he would eat the CD changer (which is in the car), and could install the garage door opener. Ok, Fine. This car will be missing the:
- Ambient Light Feature
- Lumbar adjustment on seat
- Auto dimming mirrors

My original deal was for 3% over dlr invoice. They can re-order the car for me - another 8 weeks till delivery probably - which makes it July, or I can have this car with Garage door opener added and the 6 CD changer - the price they are quoting me for the "wrong" car is for their cost by my calculations.

This could only happen to me. HELP !

The price he quoted me for this "wrong car" is $45950.00

Sorry to hear that they screwed up the order... get the car you want, not the car they are forcing on you. You're always going to be thinking about those options that you should have had but that are missing in the car.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:48 PM
E60 Fanatic

Thanks for the input.

Does anyone know if the feature that has exterior access (courtesy lighting) contained under the side view mirrors for illuminated veh entry are part of the Ambient Light pkg ...is this feature part of the Premium Pkg or is it standard on all 5 series ??? This feature is described at the BMW site video under Drivers Guide - Technology for Comfort - Interior Lights. At first I thought this was only w/Premium Pkg - now I'm not really too sure ? Is courtesy lighting the same as ambient lighting?
M-Tech AeroKit / M-Trunk Finisher / M5 Mirrors / Hamaan Splitter / OEM 166 (M6 Offsets) / Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus /
Remus Quad Exhaust / Shadowline Trim / BSW Speakers / AiB V3.0 / 6000K HID Fogs / LCI EU Spec Tails / R1 Concept Rotors
2008 X5 3.0si :
Titanium Silver / Premium Pkg / Tech Pkg / Xenon / CW Pkg / Prem Sound / Sat Radio / Bluetooth /

Last edited by sportzfan76; 05-04-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW530xiT
That stinks. Geez. After waiting all that time. I would order another one. The dealer should offer you alternative transport for 8 weeks or some type of extra deal on the new order since it was their mistake. I'm surprised that they aren't offering anything. I feel bad for you. Offering you a slight discount for a car you didn't order is really pretty feeble. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:27 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmercedesowner
That stinks. Geez. After waiting all that time. I would order another one. The dealer should offer you alternative transport for 8 weeks or some type of extra deal on the new order since it was their mistake. I'm surprised that they aren't offering anything. I feel bad for you. Offering you a slight discount for a car you didn't order is really pretty feeble. Good luck.
Yes, they should offer you similar savings on another car built to your specs and they should give you another BMW to drive until it arrives.

If they don't take care of you, walk out and go somewhere else.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:38 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 / '12 E70d
wow that stinks

At least with my wife and I, we would not want the car that arrived even at a discount and would prefer to re-order. My wife is OCD about color and option choices and would glady wait again so that we'd get the right car that we could call "ours".

HR&G Full Review: 2014 F33 428i M-Sport Convertible (my side auto-journo gig)
Old 05-04-2006, 06:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Thanks for the input.

Does anyone know if the feature that has exterior access (courtesy lighting) contained under the side view mirrors for illuminated veh entry are part of the Ambient Light pkg ...is this feature part of the Premium Pkg or is it standard on all 5 series ??? This feature is described at the BMW site video under Drivers Guide - Technology for Comfort - Interior Lights. At first I thought this was only w/Premium Pkg - now I'm not really too sure ? Is courtesy lighting the same as ambient lighting?

I asked the same question and the result is all 5 series has the exterior courtesy lights under the exterior side mirrors standard.

Sorry about your car but did you check your production number on the owners circle site https://oc.bmwusa.com to make sure all options, color and accessories are on the car?

I just recently ordered mine and I hope this doesn't happen to me
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:57 PM

Mein Auto: MY07 530xi
RE-Order!

I would definitely re-order the car. Just my opinion but for that kind of money I want what I ordered! The dealer may have other cars in queue that could be modified to cut the wait time. This is a lot of money (at least to me) - re-order and ask for an additional discount for the hastle or include another option gratis!

And, after re-ordering ask/demand a copy of the order as placed on the system from BMW, this will let you know exactly what will be built - don't count on the BMW owner's site - it is never up to date and does not contain detailed ordering info.

GOOD LUCK!
MY07 530xi Monaco Blue, Beige Interior, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sirius Radio, HD Radio, Navigation, Rear Sun Shades, Park Distance Control, Comfort Seats and Fold Down Rear Seats.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:29 PM
E60 Fanatic

Kzang wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
I asked the same question and the result is all 5 series has the exterior courtesy lights under the exterior side mirrors standard.

That's what I thought too, but this "wrong car" does NOT have the exterior courtesy lights under the side view mirrors...so now I'm guessing its a premium package feature only?

Well when the dealership opens tomorrow - I have a few (hundred) questions.
2008 X5 3.0si :

Last edited by sportzfan76; 05-04-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Are you sure this is in fact the car you ordered? If so, accounting for VPC time, you got it very fast. Did you check the build date on the door jamb?

I am sure it is most likely your car and a mistake was made, but it seems like it could be another car they are trying to sell you. The premium package is a pretty big oops to make a mistake on.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW530xiT
Isn't it the dealerhip's/sales person's responsibility to check to ensure that the order is properly executed? Unless you were specifically asked to confirm something, I wouldn't accept responsibilty for their screw up. Hopefully it's the wrong car. I have heard the dealers can modify the cars allocated to them and it shortens the wait time. Your dealer should have offered this. I suspect that the owner of the dealership, or BMW NA at the very least, would be upset that you are being asked to make compromises like this.

I feel badly for you. My car is still not here...now I hope the right one shows up. Gulp.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:55 AM
German freak

Mein Auto: 530xiT
I'd ask for a 525i to drive until the correct car comes in. If they're not up for that, go to another dealer. Period.
'06 530xiT Sports Wagon, Titanium Gray Metallic, Gray Leather, Sport Package, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Premium Package, STEPTRONIC, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Window Shades, Comfort Access. Ordered 12/01/05, Produced 12/23, En Route 01/18/06, CA Prep Center 02/07, Dealer 02/09, Delivery 02/10/06. (72 days, order to delivery)
Old 05-05-2006, 09:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaBimmer
I'd ask for a 525i to drive until the correct car comes in. If they're not up for that, go to another dealer. Period.
Isn't it possible that the dealer ordered the right car but the BMW plant made the mistake?
If thats the case why a different dealer?
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to razzy530
Mein Auto: 2007 530i 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103
I am sure it is most likely your car and a mistake was made, but it seems like it could be another car they are trying to sell you. The premium package is a pretty big oops to make a mistake on.
This is very true!!!!! Prem pkg is a BIG mistake to make IMO. It is possible that the dealer is trying to pull a fast one, as i have worked for a dealer and i know that they have monthly quotas to meet as far as getting the # of units out!!! BE CAREFUL.
I know what kind of thinking goes on inside dealerships!! Trust me.

2007 E60 530i - Current
2002 E39 530i - RIP

BMWCCA MEMBER #397411
Old 05-05-2006, 09:49 AM

Mein Auto: '04 E55, '04 Sienna,
You are paying $45k for a new car. You should get exactly what you wanted.

Ask them to re-order the car and in the mean time throw in additional perks (such as ext. warranty) for your trouble.

If you decided to take the wrong car, I would ask for ext. warranty as compensation.
2011 Sienna limited AWD- Predawn Grey
2009 E93 M3- silverstone
2007 Gallardo- Arancio Borealis
2004 E55- Tectite Grey
Old 05-05-2006, 11:45 AM

Mein Auto: E60 530i
If I were you, I'd reoder the car. That's their mistake. Or choose car on the lot if it has similar option you want.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 550i
NEVER SETTLE! Get what you want so that you could fully enjoy the car. If you really cared about saving $1200 for the prem pkg, you wouldn't have ordered it in the first place.

Is it possible that the car they are trying to push on you was a canceled order for someone else which the dealer thought they could push off on you. Find out the build date. It sounds fishy.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 M3 ZCP
Sounds like the dealer owes you something extra for your time and patience.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:08 AM
E60 Fanatic

Smile

Situation Resolved:

Hi All -

I appreciate everyone's sympathy and opinions on my situation. Waiting 8 weeks for the car only to find out that the order was mixed up was pretty frustrating and at the time of this discovery seemed like a "horrible" crisis.

After carefully evaluating whole situation + working with the dealership's Sales Manager - who was extremely helpful- I put things in perspective and was able to come to a viable solution. I decided to take the vehicle that came in. I based this on combination of factors.

1. I really didn't want to wait another 8 weeks for a vehicle.
2. This car/color combo is still pretty unique in this geographic area - and I didn't want to see someone else driving around in the same car as me.
3. The dealer agreed to install the self dimming mirror/universal garage opener (including compass) for no charge. The Dealer also did not charge me for the 6 CD changer.
4. The dealer knocked an addtional $1200 off my price and will install sunroof wind deflector and mudflaps.
5. Bottom line - the car has no Lumbar Control for the seats and there is no outside Convenience Lighting....however I'm getting this car stickered at $50K for $46K !
6. This car is S-W-E-E-T ! ! !

After I have the windows tinted I will post some photos. I'm very happy to own this car !

Thanx everyone !
2008 X5 3.0si :
Old 05-08-2006, 09:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i E92 or E90
Congratulations! Glad that you could resove this matter to your satisfaction. Enjoy your new E60.
I enjoy mine every day.