Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Yahoo to turpiwa
Mein Auto: E93 M3 Convertible
Just had a software update - Sony Ericsson W600i BT issue introduced?

I have W600i - worked perfectly for the 2 months Ior so I've had it.
Connects super fast (after having a RAZR) and phone book display is excellent (love the tags), switches nicely from phone to car etc. All in all I have no complaints - best phone I have ever had - took a little getting used to the swing as opposed to flip though.

Anyway - had a couple of issues with the car - minor electronic glitches so took it in for a checkup and it got a software update - no problem.
When I picked it up my phone book was missing so I re-paired and waited - the display says "please wait" so I figure it is loading the phonebook. No such luck - I've deleted and re-paired several times and it hasn't loaded. Other than that the phone works fine - pairs and calls incoming and out are fine - doesn't retain received calls in the car history though.
I'm a little reluctant to flash the phone because it was working fine - although the dealer suggested that as a first step?
Anyone seen this?
MY ED 2005 WRITEUP
EUROPEAN DELIVERY PICTURES (albums are in reverse order - sorry). NO NEED TO SIGN IN -beware - there's lots
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2006, 05:39 PM

Just in case you were all worried about my situation here you can relax

As soon as I posted my previous I went out for a drive and it all came online about 5 minutes into it - all phone book entries loaded and accounted for
MY ED 2005 WRITEUP
EUROPEAN DELIVERY PICTURES (albums are in reverse order - sorry). NO NEED TO SIGN IN -beware - there's lots
Old 06-11-2006, 09:49 AM

Mein Auto: '06 330i
I experienced the same problem and it worked out also so me. Phone book worked after couple of minutes. Moto A630
Old 06-12-2006, 09:35 AM

Mein Auto: e90 330i
the problem introduced with my flash was that if i use the phone button on the steering wheel to make a call, the connection crashes, audio transferred back to phone, and i'll have to turn off bluetooth on my phone and car.

if i use the phone to make the call, it works fine... time for a new bt update as it's now a bug, no longer a "convinence upgrade"
Old 06-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Le fabuleux destin

Mein Auto: F30 328i x two
[Aussie in Philadelphia]

I just got a W600i (swapped for a T637) and sometime when dialing using the phone book in iDrive, the call gets stuck: does not turn down the music, I can't hear the person I called, they can hear me and I can't hang up using iDrive (have to take out the phone and hit End Call).

This seems that it might be more likely when the phone is locked, but I can't confirm.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:24 PM

Mein Auto: e90 330i
Blax - hold your phone to your ear, you'll hear the call... i can repeat this problem easily, what happened is that the bt in your car crashed... you can still manually hang up your phone at the phone-end but when you try to "transfer sound" to the car, the phone will tell you that it can't establish connection. at that point, you'll have to turn off bt on the phone, and i find it easier to also turn off and on the radio as well. repairing will make it work again, but keep in mind that it'll only work when you dial with phone instead of car o_O

i say this is a bmw problem rather than a phone problem 'cuz it's NEVER happened prior to my software update...
Old 06-12-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blax
[Aussie in Philadelphia]

I just got a W600i (swapped for a T637) and sometime when dialing using the phone book in iDrive, the call gets stuck: does not turn down the music, I can't hear the person I called, they can hear me and I can't hang up using iDrive (have to take out the phone and hit End Call).

This seems that it might be more likely when the phone is locked, but I can't confirm.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?
That's wierd - that has never happened to me. Thankfully
MY ED 2005 WRITEUP
Old 06-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Le fabuleux destin

Mein Auto: F30 328i x two
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangellydonut
Blax - hold your phone to your ear, you'll hear the call... i can repeat this problem easily, what happened is that the bt in your car crashed... you can still manually hang up your phone at the phone-end but when you try to "transfer sound" to the car, the phone will tell you that it can't establish connection. at that point, you'll have to turn off bt on the phone, and i find it easier to also turn off and on the radio as well. repairing will make it work again, but keep in mind that it'll only work when you dial with phone instead of car o_O

i say this is a bmw problem rather than a phone problem 'cuz it's NEVER happened prior to my software update...
Thanks for the tip. I never had this issue with a year of using the same car with my SE T637. So let's agree it is a mismatch of the two.