Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-27-2006, 03:55 PM

Mein Auto: '06 330i Sedan
Passenger Airbag Faulting after getting Windows Tinted

I just had Huper Optik installed today, and it looks really good. I also got them to do the Sunroof. Anyhow, problem is now that my passenger side airbag has faulted... Could this just be due to water that could have made its way into the wiring?

'07 X3 | Montego Blue| Gray Leather | Poplar Gray Wood | Prem Pkg | Heated Seats/Steering | Adaptive Headlights | PDC

Ads by Google
Old 06-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by getwired
I just had Huper Optik installed today, and it looks really good. I also got them to do the Sunroof. Anyhow, problem is now that my passenger side airbag has faulted... Could this just be due to water that could have made its way into the wiring?
My passenger Airbag stopped working also on my 4 week old 325i. I took it into BMW and they have to replace the whole celing control unit that houses the control for the ambient lighting, sunroof and reading lights. I didn't notice it before, but the sunroof doesn't work either ... tech said it the airbag was working, but the senor control is located in that ceiling mount. When that mount went bad, the airbag light and warning on navi screen came on.

THey had to special order the unit and it's two weeks before it gets here.

They said no issue on driving safety as the airbag was fully functional.

I don't know if this is what you're seeing also ... but I'd take it into the service center pronto in case it is a true airbag failure .... you'll want it to deploy if you have an accident.
Steptronic
Logic 7
Adaptive Headlghts
Satellite Radio
Heated Front Seats
Comfort Access
Chrome Tips
Sparkling Graphic Metalic/Beige Dakota Leather/Poplar Wood
Old 06-27-2006, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisjl
My passenger Airbag stopped working also on my 4 week old 325i. I took it into BMW and they have to replace the whole celing control unit that houses the control for the ambient lighting, sunroof and reading lights. I didn't notice it before, but the sunroof doesn't work either ... tech said it the airbag was working, but the senor control is located in that ceiling mount. When that mount went bad, the airbag light and warning on navi screen came on.
Thanks for your response... I imediatelly went outside and looked into everything you mentioned...

1. Sunroof - OK
2. Reading lights - OK
3. Ambient lighting - OK

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, but it looks like it's a different issue.

'07 X3 | Montego Blue| Gray Leather | Poplar Gray Wood | Prem Pkg | Heated Seats/Steering | Adaptive Headlights | PDC

Old 06-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Artie's my hero

Mein Auto: Z4, E90 325
why would the tints/windows have anything to do with the airbag system? (I don't know)

maybe it's just a coincidence
Old 06-28-2006, 04:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Thanks for your response... I imediatelly went outside and looked into everything you mentioned...

1. Sunroof - OK
2. Reading lights - OK
3. Ambient lighting - OK

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, but it looks like it's a different issue.
I'd still recommend an immediate trip to BMW. You don't want to risk the airbags not working correctly.
Steptronic
Logic 7
Adaptive Headlghts
Satellite Radio
Heated Front Seats
Comfort Access
Chrome Tips
Sparkling Graphic Metalic/Beige Dakota Leather/Poplar Wood
Old 06-29-2006, 09:37 AM

Mein Auto: BMW330i/2006
Just A thought .....Check and see if they didn"t steal the Air Bag???? I heard of this from a body shop,,,Some shops will steal them to sell you back your Air bags and parts!!

Last edited by mfasa; 06-29-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 AM

Mein Auto: 07 Montego Blau E91 6spd
Quote:

The tint shop could have broken the air bag seat pad by keeling on the seat. It happened few times on the E39 message board. Take it to the dealer for diagnosis.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
Author Unknown

Old 07-03-2006, 01:06 PM
BMW NA Customer Relations

Mein Auto: B M W
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:48 PM

Well I brought it to the dealer, and they had it fixed within a couple of hours. I didn't have time to ask what was wrong, but I will call back and ask out of curiosity. I'll let you guys know what I find out.