Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2006: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2006: Santa Barbara, CA
April 8th has come and gone. See the pictures and read the stories of Bimmerfest 2006!

Old 04-12-2006, 11:05 PM

Mein Auto: 1992 525i
looks like you have plenty of buyers! All the more reason to finish it super fast!
Old 04-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to geduardo
Mein Auto: 01 Steel Gray E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkc
Who was the old man that talked to me at the rest stop about the driving on the way back to norcal? Was that you cosmom3?
C'mon bro, "old man", that's not very polite. That "old man" is Keith. The "old man" who put the caravan together. The "old man" who put countless hours so we could have a good time. It amazes me the lack of respect for people who give up their time for us to have fun.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:31 PM

Mein Auto: 1994 325is
thnx ipyro haha well its hard to get a good pic of my car when theres primer spots on it haha thnx fer the pic
Old 04-13-2006, 12:28 AM
328i for life

Send a message via AIM to Ronnaferd Send a message via MSN to Ronnaferd
Mein Auto: 97 328i sport pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipyro
looks like you have plenty of buyers! All the more reason to finish it super fast!
Do you happen to have any pictures of my car? I have a silver 328i...one of the few non M cars on the caravan? If so I want them Thanks ipyro
Old 04-13-2006, 01:08 AM

Mein Auto: 1997 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkc
Who was the old man that talked to me at the rest stop about the driving on the way back to norcal? Was that you cosmom3?
I didnt talk to you..but ya I was there listening. You were driving wack on the way down and we had to make sure as to keep the drive up a safe one.

not to menchen Keith....The one who talked to you was told in SB he would be held responsible for any1's crappy driving....so you blame us?

For the most part your driving on the way up was A+ except for maybe the camera man hanging out the window...cameras dropping infront of bmw's on the highway (which ive seen) never turns out pretty.

btw....Dont be disrespecting our friends on here such as Keith with "old man" ....if you wanna say stuff like that, say it person so we can deal with it. If we wanted to, we could call you a young punk ass dumb mother ****er who was one of the reasons I got pulled over on friday...but I decide not to. Understand?

Oh and Im being nice.

Last edited by Cosmom3; 04-13-2006 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:24 AM

Yah I was there when the chp or whatever was giveing kieth a little lecture... Wasn't good
Old 04-13-2006, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnaferd
Do you happen to have any pictures of my car? I have a silver 328i...one of the few non M cars on the caravan? If so I want them Thanks ipyro
I think I have a short little video of you passing me by. If you want ill email it.

And also we should make a place for all of the norcal carovan to post their pix of the drive down. Kinda like the sticky.

Last edited by ipyro; 04-13-2006 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmom3
not to menchen Keith....The one who talked to you was told in SB he would be held responsible for any1's crappy driving....so you blame us?
Dude, seriously, it's spelled "Mention".... and I didn't say anything about BLAMING anyone.

Quote:
For the most part your driving on the way up was A+ except for maybe the camera man hanging out the window...cameras dropping infront of bmw's on the highway (which ive seen) never turns out pretty.
I don't care how you grade my driving. No one was "hanging out the window". My top was down.... you might be referring to someone else buddy. My passenger stayed in my car.

Quote:
btw....Dont be disrespecting our friends on here such as Keith with "old man" ....if you wanna say stuff like that, say it person so we can deal with it.
Take it easy. I meant to say "older gentleman" but I was typing fast and I can see how "Old man" came out disrespectful. Everyone else was younger kids so I meant the older gentleman. And I wasn't talking about you so get off his nuts.

Quote:
If we wanted to, we could call you a young punk ass dumb mother ****er who was one of the reasons I got pulled over on friday...but I decide not to. Understand?
Oh and Im being nice.
I called him an old man, not a "old punk ass bi+ch mother ****er." You got pulled over because the cop had a reason to pull you over. Did the cop say "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
you: "no, why"
Cop:"Because of that guy that just drove away".....

We were an ass load of BMWs driving... people are getting pulled over no matter what you say. You gonna blame me or whoever else for the guy that got pulled driving into the show that morning? You gonna blame our driving for the guy that got pulled for no front plate and tint? No, they got pulled for their own reasons.

I DO, however, apologize for 2 things.
1) Kieth, I didn't meant to call you and old man, you're a good looking guy and great for putting this together, thanks!
2) I apologize if the CHP scolded you Kieth.
Kieth, you can call my office if you want and I will talk to you since I don't have a number or contact for you. But basically, I've apologized. I heard you were sick or not feeling well, so I hope you get better soon. Thanks again.

Oh, and I don't give a **** if you're being nice or not cosmom.

Forget it guys, I don't even want to do this dvd. It was a great trip but now this whole thing is stupid... AND THE TRIP IS ALREADY OVER. I'm over it. Peace.

Last edited by tkc; 04-13-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:16 AM

Mein Auto: 98 328is, R.I.P e34 540i
Dude TKC don't let andrew (i think) make you not do this, this is to tight to not have...please go through with the dvd, and Andrew, leave him alone...let him do his thing...i was the idiot hanging out the dakar M3 filming and taking pics on the way their, if its me you're reffering to then talk to me, but stop harassing him man, we need this DVD.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:38 AM

From Bimmerforums.com

TKC: Listen bro I am very sorry If I have offended you and I take back being an ass hole on bimmerfest.com. I should have PM'ed you on the matter and wished better of you next time. I take back my comments reffering to you a F&$&ing a hole or w/e. Im not upset just with your driving its just I was put in a few very dicey situations on the way down with peoples driving and after getting pulled over I havent been able to properly vent on my experiances.

I also appologize for making you my target, it all came out wrong and I dont wish it to be so hostile for thats not who I truley am.

Actually Im pretty excited about seeing your video and see what all the cars look like from different views, and Im sure your great at editing and it will be quite exciting.

Hope you can accept my appology and also consider my position in being so frustrated.

Thankyou

-Andrew
Old 04-13-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
Dude TKC don't let andrew (i think) make you not do this, this is to tight to not have...please go through with the dvd, and Andrew, leave him alone...let him do his thing...i was the idiot hanging out the dakar M3 filming and taking pics on the way their, if its me you're reffering to then talk to me, but stop harassing him man, we need this DVD.
Eric PM sent
Old 04-13-2006, 12:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 330cic
Quote:
From Bimmerforums.com

TKC:
Hey man, no harm. I apologized, we're all on one page. Car guys should stick together so glad we'll all just let it go, it's done and over with. See my explanations and apologies to keith on the bimmerforums post.

I'll let you all know when the dvd is ready next week. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkc
Hey man, no harm. I apologized, we're all on one page. Car guys should stick together so glad we'll all just let it go, it's done and over with. See my explanations and apologies to keith on the bimmerforums post.

I'll let you all know when the dvd is ready next week. Thanks.
Cool, im glad we could settle this. Next time I see you in person all be sure to give a face to face appology. I agree about the car guys, will be seeing eachother around im sure.

-Andrew
Old 04-13-2006, 03:01 PM

Mein Auto: 98 328is, R.I.P e34 540i
got your PM, and i see where your coming from and no complaints here, but if where you were coming from was going to cost us all a DVD...i'll say what needs to be said so we can all benefit from the footage and the editing work that TKC will be doing to make it even remotely cool...my footage with out editing , not fun at all!

Glad we're back on track with the DVD, should be ****!
Old 04-13-2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
got your PM, and i see where your coming from and no complaints here, but if where you were coming from was going to cost us all a DVD...i'll say what needs to be said so we can all benefit from the footage and the editing work that TKC will be doing to make it even remotely cool...my footage with out editing , not fun at all!

Glad we're back on track with the DVD, should be ****!
Agree 100%

I wouldnt wanna ruin anything for other people either. I was talking harshly in the moment and not thinking.

Plus, this video is gonna be sick. I remember him stopping on the side of the road in norcal videoing us all....Its gonna be sick.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:53 PM

OH YAH do you have those pix i would LOVE to see em
Old 04-15-2006, 04:17 PM

Mein Auto: 94 325is
Bimmerfestdvd.com galery is up now as well as the shirts we had. also u should be able to preorder now. Teaser is in the works.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkc
Not selling, just cover the cost for a blank DVD and then meet up with me or pay me for shipping. =)

My buddy is going to edit out all the garbage, so in the end of our combined videos, we should have a good hour of film. I'll keep you posted.
Well hopefully its cheaper than 18 bux... The bimmerfestdvd.com one is a little steep.....
Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 PM

hey any update on the northcal drive down. so heres a bump let us know when itl be finished

Last edited by ipyro; 05-02-2006 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:20 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
I believe our price is actually $18.95. If I recall, the last DVD related to Bimmerest was 15-20 min. long and went for $18. OUR DVD is going to be 90 min. at least and covers the Bimmerfest "experience". The caravans, the night-life, the event, the drives, the vendors, and the mis-haps will ALL be included.

If someone has some amatuer video they shot and want to share it at the cost of a blank DVD, that's great, cuz that's all their cost.

Our cost was greater; for the cameras, film crew, equipment, lodging, HD editing, and all other post production details.

This project isn't about profit to us. We're just proving to ourselves that it could be done. We hope to at least cover cost. If not, oh well, the "experience" was great. We are proud to be putting together the Official DVD of Bimmerfest 2006.

Expect the trailer up any day now.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:41 AM
328i for life

Send a message via AIM to Ronnaferd Send a message via MSN to Ronnaferd
Mein Auto: 97 328i sport pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauremini
I believe our price is actually $18.95. If I recall, the last DVD related to Bimmerest was 15-20 min. long and went for $18. OUR DVD is going to be 90 min. at least and covers the Bimmerfest "experience". The caravans, the night-life, the event, the drives, the vendors, and the mis-haps will ALL be included.

If someone has some amatuer video they shot and want to share it at the cost of a blank DVD, that's great, cuz that's all their cost.

Our cost was greater; for the cameras, film crew, equipment, lodging, HD editing, and all other post production details.

This project isn't about profit to us. We're just proving to ourselves that it could be done. We hope to at least cover cost. If not, oh well, the "experience" was great. We are proud to be putting together the Official DVD of Bimmerfest 2006.

Expect the trailer up any day now.
I can't wait for that to come out!! Maybe if im SUPER lucky my whip will be in the trailer...
Old 05-12-2006, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
The trailer for Bimmerfestdvd.com is now up. Check it out. Size format is going to be corrected for a larger display, but we are very happy with the content thus far. We are now taking pre-orders through the site.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: 1992 325is
It's offical we are going next year. here is what we have

95 M3
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

95 M3 (work in progress)

93 325is

Old 06-14-2006, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: 1992 325is
and my 92 325is

Old 07-30-2006, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkc
My video is done.....

Did you ever finish it? I would like one if you have them for sale.