Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Bimmer Gal

Mein Auto: '03 Electric Red 330Ci
Talking Leaving Tomorrow!

I can't believe the wait is almost over! Husband and I leave tomorrow and will be picking up our 330Ci on Thursday!

I've got my MapPoint maps all printed out (decided not to lug the laptop around), the routes are loaded in my handheld Garmin Etrex Legend GPS (I'm too cheap to spring for the NAV system), and the digital camera & CF cards are all ready to go. Now that I have all of my electronic doo-dads ready, I guess I should decide what clothes to take, huh?
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2002, 10:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Re: Leaving Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally posted by AlisaKay
I can't believe the wait is almost over! Husband and I leave tomorrow and will be picking up our 330Ci on Thursday!

I've got my MapPoint maps all printed out (decided not to lug the laptop around), the routes are loaded in my handheld Garmin Etrex Legend GPS (I'm too cheap to spring for the NAV system), and the digital camera & CF cards are all ready to go. Now that I have all of my electronic doo-dads ready, I guess I should decide what clothes to take, huh?
Good luck, Alisa and have a great time!
I'll be there on Friday for my delivery.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:48 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
When we left there 10 days ago, it was about 33~ 45F it may be colder now. Try this:
munich weather

Also, we usually carry a small pack of detergent we us, so I can clean some of my clothing and hang dry by the heater. This way, you can carry less baggage for the trip.

Have fun!! and drink nuthing but good ol' weiss beer!! (as coke, coffee and water are wayyy to expensive compare to US. Especailly coffee, not only its expensive, it also SUX!!)

beewang
Old 11-18-2002, 11:02 AM
Bimmer Gal

Mein Auto: '03 Electric Red 330Ci
darchen, thanks for the kind words, and I hope you have a great trip to Italy & France. You will surely have better weather than I will... I've been checking the weather forecasts for Benelux and it mostly shows rain, rain, and more rain!

And, beewang, I agree that beer is definitely the drink of choice!
Old 11-18-2002, 11:08 AM
B.O.H.I.C.A

Mein Auto: 325Ci
Have a great trip. I arrive Thursday for my Friday pickup.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:12 AM
Elected by grace

Mein Auto: 1 M; '11 328iT; 08 R32
Quote:
I've been checking the weather forecasts for Benelux and it mostly shows rain, rain, and more rain!
I had two days out of seven that were remotely decent, and as luck would have it they were both short days; pickup and dropoff!

When I picked up my cab last year, out of the 8 days I was not able to drop the top once.

That's just Europe for you.

Enjoy every minute of it, because before you know it you're dropping it off and heading back home again.

Good luck to you and Godspeed!

Quote:
And, beewang, I agree that beer is definitely the drink of choice!
Definitely listen to beewang on this one. He's truly the ED meister!

Last edited by IndyMike; 11-18-2002 at 11:23 AM.