Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-19-2002, 09:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 71 2002
Question Financing Euro-Del. Car

Howdy all! Just a quick question about ordering a euro delivery car:
I plan on ordering for a late March/early April Munich pick up. Is early January OK to order for late March pick up? Does a typical deposit run $500-1000 at order time? Is it true that financing would take place approx. 30 days before pick up? (So in my case late February)

Thanks for your help

Jon

71 2002
86 535i
03 Mini Cooper
03 530i, Hopefully this spring!
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2002, 09:37 AM
?

Mein Auto: 2013 740i
Hi Jon,

BMW NA recommends you to order the car 90 days prior to your pick up date, but I think you'll still be OK in as close as 60 days. So in your case, early January is perfectly fine for late March pickup.

My deposit (with Cutter Motors) was $1000 and I used my credit card. They didn't actually charge the card until 30 days before the pick up date, on which date the full payment was due.

Hope that helps and good luck with your ED. I just picked up my 530i too on Oct 28th and it was a super experience (see my post of the delivery center below).

ian
Old 11-19-2002, 09:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '02 330i; OB/Sand
Welcome. In my case, I put in my European Delivery order in early July for an early September pickup, and the salesperson had to make a few phone calls to make it happen -- so certainly do-able but like roots said, the recommended time of ordering is 90 days in advance.

In my case, they took a deposit of $1000 (and did charge the credit card right away), with full payment due 30 days before pickup -- though I get the impression that they'll let the 30 days slide a day or two if you ask nicely.

Hope this helps. I also had a wonderful experience and I recommend it highly.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:11 AM
Color blind photographer

Mein Auto: 2010 X3 MT Space Gray
Similarly to rkny, I ordered mine July 9th for a Sep 3rd pickup. My sales rep took a $500 deposit via credit card but never ran it through. The full payment was due Aug 3rd, 30 days before pick up in Munich. The day of ordering in July, the rep did call Germany to ensure the pickup day was available and that the car could be built by then.