Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to DBU
Mein Auto: A rare Mystic Blue 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_speed
We are pickingup our e90 335i on Tuesday, October 10th. We'll be in Munich starting Saturday afternoon and as soon as we pick up, we'll head for the Alps and then Italy.

A real must for my son is the BMW plant tour. We can't stick around for the Tuesday tour and there is no English language Monday tour. I asked Rolf if he could give us a private tour since there seems to be references to him doing that in some of the posts. He misunderstood what I was asking. Anybody has any first hand knowledge if he has ever been able to do that?

Shawn
Phoenix
I would go on whatever language tour you can get on. Sure it is nice to understand everything, but if your son is into this, he will enjoy it even if he doesn't understand the narrative. If you ask nicely, they may allow your son to sit in the passenger seat when the technician "test drive" a finished E90 (at about 90 MPH on the dyno). Good stuff!

I took the Munich tour last month as a "backup" when I missed the Dingolfing tour due to a late flight, and I am glad I did. The Munich plant is THE original BMW plant (and it shows) - lots of stair climbing. I wonder what that factory was cranking out, say, 60 years ago?
Munich Pick Up: 6/22/06 -- Dingolfing: 6/23/06 -- Drop Off: 7/12/06 -- Aboard M/V "Green Point" with ETA Port Hueneme 8/16/06 - Redelivery: 9/1/06 - De-badged 1/1/07

Hers: 2007 X3 3.0Si