Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 11-21-2002, 07:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5
New guy here!

Hey guys I just leased a 02 X5 4.4 about 2 months ago. I cant stop driving it...it feels too good.

My X5 did not have a premiun package only had the sports package which I think is better. But it did not come with the Nav system. I was wondering if anybody here knows if I can go back to the dealership and order one or is it just better to go with aftermakert one??

Thanks,
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2002, 04:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 M5
I'd get a Garmin StreetPilot III if I were you. You can even move it from car to car. Works fine on dash. I have seen it on dash to left of steering wheel. About $750 and has voice instructions.

It is possible to retrofit NAV in your X5, but would cost $4k to $5K. I wouldn't think that would be worth it.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:14 PM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
Hey Mohammar, welcome to the 'Fest. BTW, your last name is spelled "Qaddafi."

Old 11-22-2002, 07:46 AM
2001 M3:Stick, what else?

Mein Auto: ///MMMmmm good
Here is a review I did of the StreetPilot III: Works well in BMW vehicles too!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...threadid=14742
Old 11-22-2002, 01:44 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Cool

Hey thanks a lot! Im actually thinking of getting the 2 monitors in the back and one in the front. Like the one I saw at Circuit City the other day. It was a Nav system and I could play DVD's and CD's. so I think I will look into that....

Now Im looking for a body kit for my X5 do you guys have any suggestions??? What should I look for??? How about some rims too?? if you guys have any pictures please post them. I new to this so Im still trying to get used to it...

Oh BTW I know how to spell the real last name. I just got this name from one of the OUTLAWS.....

Thanks,