Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-15-2002, 07:57 PM
Elected by grace

Mein Auto: 1 M; '11 328iT; 08 R32
One definite bummer about ED.

If you are a member of the BMWCCA and do ED, you cannot apply for your membership reward program check until after the car has been delivered to your stateside dealer.

One of the reasons for this is that an odometer statement must accompany the application request form, and apparently that can only come from your dealer.

So it's boils down to 5 - 9 weeks after your ED dropoff before you can even think about receiving the requisite allowance.

A minor and temporary setback, but one nonetheless.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:25 AM
?

Mein Auto: 2013 740i
Question

Did you officially hear this from BMW CCA? I submitted my rebate form before I even picked up the car in Munich. And it's actually been almost 5 weeks since I sent the form and I have not received the rebate check. I was going to call BMW CCA to check the status but now that you mention this, it's probably the reason I haven't got my check yet.

BTW, I posted this question on the Roadfly board before and there was one reply who claimed that he sent the form without the odometer statement and he still got the check. So I don't know

ian
Old 11-16-2002, 10:25 AM
Z4 M coupe, F07 550i GT

Mein Auto: '07 Z4Mcoupe, '10 550 GT
Got my check...

I paid in June, did ED in July and the car arrived at the dealer by late Aug/early Sept.

However, as soon as I got my purchase order, I submitted my 'CCA rebate form. I think I got it about 1 month later, long before the car ever arrived at the US dealer.

Send in the form! In fact, I was worried that if I didn't the clock would start ticking from the day I paid in-full, and that my chance to get a rebate might expire (form says, I think, 60 days from time of purchase)
Old 11-16-2002, 10:36 AM
Elected by grace

Re: Got my check...

Quote:
Originally posted by uter
I paid in June, did ED in July and the car arrived at the dealer by late Aug/early Sept.

However, as soon as I got my purchase order, I submitted my 'CCA rebate form. I think I got it about 1 month later, long before the car ever arrived at the US dealer.

Send in the form! In fact, I was worried that if I didn't the clock would start ticking from the day I paid in-full, and that my chance to get a rebate might expire (form says, I think, 60 days from time of purchase)
Thats funny, uter, because I just sent BMWCCA an e-mail asking specifically what their definition of the delivery date is in the case of ED. The response from a lady named Tammy was that it is the date that the vehicle is received directly from the stateside dealer.

How were you able to submit the form without an Odometer statement? The procedures specifically state that the Odometer statement must accompany the check request form and the copy of bill of sale.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:53 AM
Bimmer Gal

Mein Auto: '03 Electric Red 330Ci
All of my dealings were done via mail with my dealer, but they sent me an odometer statement along with the bill of sale when we made our payment for the car last month. (We leave tomorrow to go pick it up in Munich!) I submitted my BMWCCA form a few days later, but have not yet received my rebate check. So, I guess it's been about 3 weeks since I sent it in.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:13 AM
Elected by grace

Quote:
Originally posted by AlisaKay
All of my dealings were done via mail with my dealer, but they sent me an odometer statement along with the bill of sale when we made our payment for the car last month. (We leave tomorrow to go pick it up in Munich!) I submitted my BMWCCA form a few days later, but have not yet received my rebate check. So, I guess it's been about 3 weeks since I sent it in.
Thanks for sharing your experience, AlisaKay.

There is obviously a lack of consistency on how BMWCCA handles ED orders for the check request program. I guess as long as you get the monetary reward, no matter what procedures are followed and how ever long it takes, it's Ok in the end.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:28 AM
Bimmer Gal

Mein Auto: '03 Electric Red 330Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by IndyMike
I guess as long as you get the monetary reward, no matter what procedures are followed and how ever long it takes, it's Ok in the end.
Let's hope so!
Old 11-18-2002, 12:03 PM
Z4 M coupe, F07 550i GT

Remember, it's BMW-NA who cuts the check

Quote:
Originally posted by IndyMike

Thanks for sharing your experience, AlisaKay.

There is obviously a lack of consistency on how BMWCCA handles ED orders for the check request program. I guess as long as you get the monetary reward, no matter what procedures are followed and how ever long it takes, it's Ok in the end.
I should have clarified above, bit it ultimately took a little prodding to get BMW-NA to remember to cut the check. "Oh, right away, we'll get that in the mail", was the reply from BMW-NA.

The 'CCA really doesn't have much to do with the process from what I could tell. They just verify your membership, I guess.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D

do you have to be member for 12mo. to get the rebate?
i just order my 330i true ED for 03/20/2003
Old 11-30-2002, 01:41 PM
Color blind photographer

Mein Auto: 2010 X3 MT Space Gray
Re: member

Quote:
Originally posted by 03BMW330
Yup, 12 months membership prior. I wish I had known about this earlier.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:34 PM
Z4 M coupe, F07 550i GT

Re: member

Quote:
Originally posted by 03BMW330
Details from BMWCCA
Old 12-07-2002, 06:03 AM
Elected by grace

OK I submitted my package to NA without the odometer statement and here's what I did:

I wrote them a letter explaining what I was enclosing in the envelope (invoice from dealer; copy of letter from NA confirming my ED order; copy of the receipt order from Harms received on the day of dropoff) and mailed it off this past Thursday.

Hopefully like others here they won't give me any grief about the missing odometer statement.

We'll see.