BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2.8 L e39 528i engine for sale

18K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  aspensilverdj 
#1 ·
SO here is the deal........

SO my goal is not to rip anyone off so Im gonna lay down all the info. My 98' 528i is in the shop right now because it was having a prob. with the temp fluctuating (heating up and cooling down). Did a pressure test and it was found that it had a leak in cyl #3. My mechanic (good guy) told me i could have a blown head gasket or a slight possiblilty of a cracked head. Before this engine was running great and everything was kept up to date. Instead of fixing this engine I decided to purchase a rebuilt one because it would of been 700 dollars just to see if it was a blown head gasket. This engine (inline 6 2.8l) could be great if you have a cyl. head avaliable, for a project, to rebuild, or to figure out for yourself if it is just a blown head gasket. Like I said, engine ran great with no problems before heating up (was not driving much after prob. was encountered) and was maintained so the bottom end is probably good......I just want to make some money off of it to help with the wallet damage for the new engine. Please make an offer. Hopefully I can help you out and you can help me out. Thanks!

#10 ·
i have a 1998 bmw for sale

is the car for sale? i have an interest.

Eric
well here it is guys i had same problem with my car took it to mechanic to change alternator and radiator blew , car over heated so replaced radiator and now over heats when in idle or parked after a while no water in oil and no other problems. car is black beige inside new tires everything else works great, willing to sell car contact me at moe2711@hotmail if anyone is interested, $3500.00 145,000 miles 1998 528i bmw

#12 ·
I have a 98 528i as my daily driver to keep miles off the M5. A few years ago it blew the head gasket mechanic told me it was cheaper to just replace the engine. I was just going to sell him the car for $500 when my friend told me to use this stuff called K&W block seal. He said it only works on cretain cars but works great on BMW's. I was going to dump the car anyway so I gave it a try. You flush out all coolant with water, add the blocksealer to the water, let your car idle for a few hours with block seal in it, drain vehicle, leave caps and drain plugs open over night to dry system, replace plugs and fill with coolant. I had low expectations for this product being that it was $6.99 but it worked! I have put over 100k miles on the car since still no problems! My friend also used it in his 330ci turbo and has had no problems since. Give it a try!

#13 ·
?????????????????????

I removed the head from my daughters 528i which exhibited symptoms of blown h/g only to find someone had used a similar product . all the water passages were plugged , there was a sludge like pile in the expansion tank. ... if it worked for you consider yourself lucky , I wouldn't recommend any of those "miracle" products to my worst enemy:tsk:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.