Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 12-07-2002, 02:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Acura
When EXACTLY do you find out ED delivery date?

So, I'm seriously considering purchasing a 330Ci in the spring and the ED is very interesting. I'm also going to be getting married in the spring. It would be fun to combine the ED and my honeymoon and drive through Europe.

My questions:
1. How soon after you place your order do you find out when your delivery date is?
2. Is the date fixed or can you say, "this day works better for me, etc."?

Thanks, guys!
-Tim
Ads by Google
Old 12-07-2002, 05:25 PM
:-)

Mein Auto: E46 M3
you pick the date yourself.

usually if it's 3 months or further away it shouldn't be a problem, even though i've heard of people being able to pick it up ~2 months after confirming their order... bmw recommends at least 3 months lead time.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:48 PM
Color blind photographer

Mein Auto: 2010 X3 MT Space Gray
Quote:
Originally posted by mgs333
you pick the date yourself.

usually if it's 3 months or further away it shouldn't be a problem, even though i've heard of people being able to pick it up ~2 months after confirming their order... bmw recommends at least 3 months lead time.
I was 2 months out from the specific date of when I wanted (needed to really) to have Euro Delivery and when I ordered the car that day, prior to the "hand shake", my sales rep called BMW in Germany to confirm the date I needed was available and that the car could be built. If you plan for a time in the spring you won't have any problem getting the exact date you want. Good luck with the marriage and the new car!
Old 12-08-2002, 01:03 PM
Homesick for a Lotus

Send a message via AIM to seivwrig Send a message via Yahoo to seivwrig
Mein Auto: '02 325i/'99 Ford Ranger
Re: When EXACTLY do you find out ED delivery date?

Quote:
Originally posted by TimC
So, I'm seriously considering purchasing a 330Ci in the spring and the ED is very interesting. I'm also going to be getting married in the spring. It would be fun to combine the ED and my honeymoon and drive through Europe.

My questions:
1. How soon after you place your order do you find out when your delivery date is?
2. Is the date fixed or can you say, "this day works better for me, etc."?

Thanks, guys!
-Tim
If you have a date, let the dealer know. They can tell you if that is possible. At that point, you can wheel and deal. If you are buying in Houston, don't expect to be able to get less than $500 from ED MSRP. Try Garlyn Shelton in Temple. If price does not mean anything to you, buy from any of the four Houston dealers. I have BMW North probably has the better service. If you must buy from Momentum on the S.W. Frwy, contact Jim Phelan
Old 12-09-2002, 02:21 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
Make sure that the dealer knows your preferred date and orders the car for ED promptly. I had quite a trouble correcting "misunderstanding" about the date with my dealer. Fortunately, folks in Germany are really great.
It looks like they have ~20 deliveries per day in Munich delivery center, out of which 10 are assigned to USA and the rest to Europe(?). So if there are empty spots there, they will accomodate extra USA delivery/
Old 12-09-2002, 03:18 PM
B.O.H.I.C.A

Mein Auto: 325Ci
Ask for Judith when you get to the ED delivery center. She's a hottie.
Old 12-18-2002, 03:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 330 xi & 2009 X5
I also had some "misunderstandings" with my dealer regarding my pick up date. I must have told my sales rep at least 10 times by now and I'm still waiting for confirmation. It seems like he just picked a number that sounded good in his head and ignored the date that I told him.

It's funny that you're in NJ. We probably went to the same dealership. It looks like I'll probably have to call Germany myself just to make sure my Munich pick up doesn't get screwed up.

Marc
Old 12-18-2002, 04:22 PM
Ölmeßstabmeister

Mein Auto: '03 530i
I ordered my car just about 2 months before I wanted to pick up...

I was able to get a pick up for the day after I wanted (I wanted a Monday, but it was full, so I was given a choice of 3 available days near the day I wanted... I picked the next day, a Tuesday). Dealer also called to check the availability date when I put the deposit down and then faxed me a confirmation of the date a couple days later.