Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 12-19-2002, 05:24 PM
ban unmarked cop cars

Mein Auto: '04 SL 500
ED and modifications

can't resist dropping off the car to a few tuners in germany , of course this would be done after the break-in period.

would such things as exhaust, ecu and guages be removed by bmw while the car is being shipped?
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2002, 09:00 AM
Homesick for a Lotus

Send a message via AIM to seivwrig Send a message via Yahoo to seivwrig
Mein Auto: '02 325i/'99 Ford Ranger
Re: ED and modifications

Quote:
Originally posted by MD2b
can't resist dropping off the car to a few tuners in germany , of course this would be done after the break-in period.

would such things as exhaust, ecu and guages be removed by bmw while the car is being shipped?
I personally don't know if the stuff will be taken off. BMWNA does not look highly on this. It could also affect your warranty. Personally, I just don't see BMW taking the stuff off. I think they could do emissions testing when your car comes off the barge. Canada could be different than the U.S. I guess it would just be a risk that you take.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:08 PM
ban unmarked cop cars

Mein Auto: '04 SL 500
Quote:
Originally posted by jrubens
did you have the alarm installed while in Germany? If so, did you go to the Niederlassung? How much did they charge for the install? Did you have any concerns about having the alarm stripped at customs?

I've read that non-spec items will be removed, which has me concerned about installing items like alarms and cd-changers while in Europe.... I remember one writer saying that he was going to install the M wheel because he figured that it could not be removed (gotta steer the car....)
...from another thread.

any validity to this?