Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 03-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Acct Closed

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Correct.

ca. 3500 rpm
Must be nice.

Thanks again

Rick
Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M3 CSL, Golf IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAMN View Post
Must be nice.

Thanks again

Rick
You know, it might be nice to know you could use it at 3500 but I can certainly can live without LC. You are not missing anything.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Acct Closed

Mein Auto:
Quote:
You know, it might be nice to know you could use it at 3500 but I can certainly can live without LC. You are not missing anything.
To true but I like to know as much as possible about these cars we all drive especially the driveablity issues such as LC.

I probably would have broken my M3's Transmission already if it went up to 3500 rpm. When I seen the 1800 rpm we get on our US Spec M3's, I lost interest pretty quick.

Somebody posted a little while ago that you can launch using the paddles and I was interested again but I don't think you can, that would be interesting though.

Germany is a wonderful to drive, enjoy for me. I checked you out on the Ring, beautiful!!

I got a chance to race at Spa, BE once and I still get a big cheesy grin when I think of it. I lived in Prum, GE and had a well modded Gelb Opel Calibra V6 back then, late 90's. Never got to race at the Ring but went and watched a couple there.

Be Easy

Rick
Old 03-07-2007, 02:09 PM

"Somebody posted a little while ago that you can launch using the paddles and I was interested again but I don't think you can, that would be interesting though."

-> LC can not be used with paddles.

"Germany is a wonderful to drive, enjoy for me. I checked you out on the Ring, beautiful!!"

-> Cool, did you see me at the Ring?

Last edited by Leo; 03-07-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Acct Closed

Mein Auto:
Quote:
" Cool, did you see me at the Ring?
Nah, did not see you in person just on your site, very envious. Seen other races there though.

Also, your Euro M3, is it limited like ours or what is the difference specifically in Euro M3 CSL and US M3's.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Rick
Old 03-07-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Nah, did not see you in person just on your site, very envious. Seen other races there though.

Also, your Euro M3, is it limited like ours or what is the difference specifically in Euro M3 CSL and US M3's.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Rick
Ok

You have limited M3's??

Concerning info's on my CSL you might want to look at my other site: www.m3csl.de

Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Acct Closed

Mein Auto:
Quote:
You have limited M3's??
As in electronic limited (governed) to 155 mph or 248 km max speed, I believe for the US Spec versions we have and ours of course has the catalytic converters also.

I believe also we can't get the newer M3 CSL Version here in the US.

I will take a look at your site for more info and it will probably answer what I just asked also.

Thanks

Rick
Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
As in electronic limited (governed) to 155 mph or 248 km max speed, I believe for the US Spec versions we have and ours of course has the catalytic converters also.

I believe also we can't get the newer M3 CSL Version here in the US.

I will take a look at your site for more info and it will probably answer what I just asked also.

Thanks

Rick
Oh, I thought you meant limited in production

Euro and US are the same. Both are governed at 155 (on paper). All M3's come with catalytic converts.

First we need to wait and see if there will actually be a new CSL coming to market.