Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series

7 Series / 8 Series
The BMW 7 series and 8 Series Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 05:29 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
How do you get the DVD to play on front screen 2007 750LI

Does anyone know an easy hack or modification on the USA model 750Li rear DVD player to make it play on the front iDrive Screen?

I have found a company in Germany that will ship me a cable to do the modification but I recently discovered that the voice command will display the DVD menu on the front. There must be an easy hack hidden in the iDrive that doesn't require a cable and me pulling the dash apart.

Any ideas?
Ads by Google
Old 03-21-2007, 08:04 PM

Mein Auto: ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telespial View Post
Does anyone know an easy hack or modification on the USA model 750Li rear DVD player to make it play on the front iDrive Screen?

I have found a company in Germany that will ship me a cable to do the modification but I recently discovered that the voice command will display the DVD menu on the front. There must be an easy hack hidden in the iDrive that doesn't require a cable and me pulling the dash apart.

Any ideas?
I tried over and over and couldnt find anything that would work. you have to tp into the screen. There was a company that ended up doing it for me i can refer you to, i asked them if they could put the dvd player where the rear cup holders were and there was no problem.
kryptonite customs inc.
949 585 0476

they are located in irvine ca. i can post pics later if you like. very happy with how it turned out though.