Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 745 Li
Ok, I'll probably be flamed for this but...

What is the deal with all these people buying BMWs then "modifying" them in such crass ways?

Is there an explanation as to why they ruin perfectly engineered cars? I mean come on, if you want to put a helicopter rotor on the roof, or paint the under carriage fuscia or put some 48" wheels on the car, take a moment, count to ten then don't do it.

Ok, flame away...
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750LI M3 Mustang Tundra
why not? differnt strokes for differnt folks. Its your car , your money do what you want. Why would you want to sit there and worry about what other ppl think..
Old 03-17-2007, 02:36 PM

Mein Auto: 745Li
Why do people do anything? Why do people remodel their houses when they're perfectly fine already? Why do people buy fancy jewelry or the latest cell phones and tech gadgets? Why do you buy name brand products at their grocery store when there are generics?

Who knows dude, people do what they feel like doing, why question it?

That said, my car is bone stock - no modifications.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to 98'Kashmere
Mein Auto: 99 540iA sport Blk/blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWoon View Post
What is the deal with all these people buying BMWs then "modifying" them in such crass ways?

Is there an explanation as to why they ruin perfectly engineered cars? I mean come on, if you want to put a helicopter rotor on the roof, or paint the under carriage fuscia or put some 48" wheels on the car, take a moment, count to ten then don't do it.

Ok, flame away...
If its one thing Ive learned on here it's that none of our cars are perfect.
If people want to put bling all over their cars then good for them, just be glad its not your car.

1999 540i Cosmos Black Metallic. Pdc / Dsp / Sunshades / Heated seats / Navi / Hella Celis Tails / Xenons

Austin
Old 03-17-2007, 03:01 PM
E Nomine.....Das Omen!

Mein Auto: Oxford Green BMW E39 523i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
why not? differnt strokes for differnt folks. Its your car , your money do what you want. Why would you want to sit there and worry about what other ppl think..
+1

Who gives a rats ass what others think,it your car should be able to what you want with it
Old 03-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Bo's ready for the Big 10

Mein Auto: A Murano and Civic Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrahn View Post
Why do people do anything? Why do people remodel their houses when they're perfectly fine already? Why do people buy fancy jewelry or the latest cell phones and tech gadgets? Why do you buy name brand products at their grocery store when there are generics?
I like this game;

Why wear your pants around your knees when you can wear them up under your armpits.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Bored

Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
It's all about individual style... Some people like to just tint their windows, others like rims. I also think geography has a bit to do with it. Here in Northern California, there seem to be a bit more modified BMW's. When I was in LA a month ago, I didn't see as many modified BMW's.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:18 PM

Mein Auto: M3 Cab, 760Li, '08 LX570
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
It's all about individual style... Some people like to just tint their windows, others like rims. I also think geography has a bit to do with it. Here in Northern California, there seem to be a bit more modified BMW's. When I was in LA a month ago, I didn't see as many modified BMW's.
+1 I agree...why do they have BMW Individual?

Because theres a niche out there that wants too express its own personal style! with custom interior and exterior options

However, certain aftermarket accessories also available for the market....(rims, body kits etc.)

I mean its human nature...everyone likes to be able to express there own individuality!

2008 M3 Cab -- Alpine White, Blk Novillo
2005 760Li Individual -- Azurite Blk, Platinum Merino, ED
2002 745Li -- Sold
2000 750iL -- Sold

Last edited by bimmer7; 03-17-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:58 AM
what?

Mein Auto: e65
People do what they do in order to confuse people like you, DonWoon. They take great joy knowing that you stare at their cars and lose sleep over it. They smile everytime you go onto a forum and ask questions about people like them. In a sense, you make them feel important. Thank you, DonWoon.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 745Li
I don't care what you as as long as you do it with a nice style that looks good. But then who's the judge of that?

I give props to anyone that will do their thing and make it look good.

www.customoffset.com
facebook.com/customoffsets
Old 03-19-2007, 10:36 AM

Mein Auto: 745i
And the award for most uselss post of 2007 goes too...................

None other than DonWoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!! Congrats Don!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Go Gators

Send a message via AIM to BmW745On19's
I think some wheels like Asantis or HREs on 7-series or any BMWs are acceptable but not like Dubs or gold wire wheels, thats classless.

IMO, no BMW should be modded past chroming the OEM wheels or changing the wheels to another OEM style, maybe a body kit such as AC Schnitzer is all right too, but nothing more.

At the end of the day, though, its the person's car they bought/are paying for and they can do whatever they want to to it and no one has the right to tell them they can't.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: 745li
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post

Don't forget race plays a part!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 745 Li
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC X5 View Post
And the award for most uselss post of 2007 goes too...................

None other than DonWoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!! Congrats Don!
I just want to thank all those who voted. It was indeed an honor to be nominated from such a distinguished group of BMW owners -- I am talking about you Mr. Drop My 7 to 1 Inch Off The Ground, and you Mr. Check Out My New Wheels (I Saw A Food Processor Blade And Was Inspired).

I am sorry that my post seems so pedestrian. Let me modify it in a way that is appropriate for this audience.

I just want to thank all those who voted. It was indeed an honor to be nominated from such a distinguished group of BMW owners -- I am talking about you Mr. Drop My 7 to 1 Inch Off The Ground, and you Mr. Check Out My New Wheels (I Saw A Food Processor Blade And Was Inspired).
Old 03-20-2007, 03:09 PM

Thatta boy Don!
Old 03-20-2007, 05:14 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynesNside View Post
I give props to anyone that will do their thing and make it look good.
That's the difficult part of that exercise...
Old 03-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Total Nonstop Action

Mein Auto: 2005 E90 330i
individualism is wrong....lets be like everyone else.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: Graphite & Silver E92/E60
I have a question for you Donwoon.

Why do you feel a need to act so childish.

Why is it that some people like yourself claiming to be owners of a $70K BMW 7 sereis act like 2 year olds posting stupid questions.

Why is that you are so worried about what other people are doing to their cars. Do you not have a life of your own.

Why is it that you have never heard that different people have different taste and liking for things.

What might float your boat might not do anything for someone else.

Learn to live with the fact that this is free world and your opinion is only yours and nothing more. If you are into puting 14" wheels instead of 22" inch wheels then so be it. If you like to ride arround with no tint that is fine too. If you like to buy a BMW and then take all its badges off to pretend that no one knows if you have a 760li or 745li then that is fine too.

At the end of the day god created everyone with different taste. As a BMW/automotive enthusiast you should be able to respect this fact and learn to appreciate different strokes from different folks.

Quote:

I am sorry that my post seems so pedestrian. Let me modify it in a way that is appropriate for this audience.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Ok, I'll probably be flamed for this but... What is the deal with all these people buying BMWs then "modifying" them in such crass ways?

Ok, flame away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
I have a question for you Donwoon.

Why do you feel a need to act so childish.

Why is it that some people like yourself claiming to be owners of a $70K BMW 7 sereis act like 2 year olds posting stupid questions.

Why is that you are so worried about what other people are doing to their cars. Do you not have a life of your own.

Why is it that you have never heard that different people have different taste and liking for things.

What might float your boat might not do anything for someone else.

Learn to live with the fact that this is free world and your opinion is only yours and nothing more. If you are into puting 14" wheels instead of 22" inch wheels then so be it. If you like to ride arround with no tint that is fine too. If you like to buy a BMW and then take all its badges off to pretend that no one knows if you have a 760li or 745li then that is fine too.

At the end of the day god created everyone with different taste. As a BMW/automotive enthusiast you should be able to respect this fact and learn to appreciate different strokes from different folks.
Good call, DonWoon.

I think we know why they do it. It's just amazing, though, that so many of them have such poor taste. And even poorer skills as automotive engineers.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:55 PM

hello donwoon
why you come to this forums for?. is it looking for new things? so open mind and see new things otherwise go to bmw dealer to see stock car. If you over 50 years old i understand.
FRIEND DO NOT LET FRIEND DRIVE STOCK !!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:01 PM

Tomorrow, DonWoon will ask us why people buy different clothes.. stay tuned!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Mein Auto: It's constantly changing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingZ06 View Post
Don't forget race plays a part!!!
Please elaborate on this one if you don't mind.