Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

Old 03-17-2007, 05:13 AM

Mein Auto: porsche 911 c4s
Ordered!!!!

I just put my order in for a manual trans M6 vert, sapphire black...I have to let the dealer know on Mon which color interior I want to match up with the black....I really like the Sepang and Silverstone, but for those of u out there that have that color interior is it very hard to keep clean...otherwise Im going for the Indy Red..Thanks for your input
Ads by Google
Old 03-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by topfinadv View Post
I just put my order in for a manual trans M6 vert, sapphire black...I have to let the dealer know on Mon which color interior I want to match up with the black....I really like the Sepang and Silverstone, but for those of u out there that have that color interior is it very hard to keep clean...otherwise Im going for the Indy Red..Thanks for your input
Good luck. I think an absolutely stunning combo is black and Portland Brown. The sepang is very washed out and the silverstone is like a light gray. I think they both look a bit chintzy with darker colors. (I hope Bear is not reading this.) The Indianapolis red is also terrific and I think it is the only interior color that goes well with CF. So, you're not done yet. You also have to figure out your trim. My 633CSi was flat black with a red interior. It was a good combination.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
IMO, if you want a dark color go with regular black. The metallic black looks dirty/dusty all the time.

However, the best looking M6 I have ever seen was silver gray with the red leather. The car screams M6!

I would avoid dark color exteriors and light color interiors. The gray interior is almost white. Not good for a vert. There was an M6 vert with the gray leather at the 6'er meet a few weeks ago. The back seat was covered with dirt if you looked closely. Road grime and acid rain are a vert's worst enemy.

While I believe nothing looks better than a black car, the black paint looks it's best the first 10 minutes after washing. Then it is downhill from there. Dust and swirl marks would drive me nuts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M6-2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	101264   Click image for larger version

Name:	M6-3.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	101265   Click image for larger version

Name:	M6.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	101266  

Last edited by chuck92103; 03-17-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:48 AM

thanks for your feed back....the silver grey with the red does look phenom....i might have to rethink my original choice....by the way there is no flat black fpor the car only metallic
Old 03-17-2007, 03:20 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
thanks for your feed back....the silver grey with the red does look phenom....i might have to rethink my original choice....by the way there is no flat black for the car only metallic
Yes. I studied the M6 "build your own" very carefully before deciding what I wanted. (What I really wanted was not then available. The Interlagos Blue would be phenomenal with the Portland Brown interior.)

The non-metallic black is available on the 650i and looks great. A less "liquid" looking flat black was available when I bought my 633CSi (probably because it was different kind of paint) and it looked pretty good but not as good as the non-metallic black currently available. But while black is the best of all colours, that is true for only about 15 minutes.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:21 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
IMO, if you want a dark color go with regular black. The metallic black looks dirty/dusty all the time.

However, the best looking M6 I have ever seen was silver gray with the red leather. The car screams M6!

I would avoid dark color exteriors and light color interiors. The gray interior is almost white. Not good for a vert. There was an M6 vert with the gray leather at the 6'er meet a few weeks ago. The back seat was covered with dirt if you looked closely. Road grime and acid rain are a vert's worst enemy.

While I believe nothing looks better than a black car, the black paint looks it's best the first 10 minutes after washing. Then it is downhill from there. Dust and swirl marks would drive me nuts.
Hey!
Old 03-17-2007, 05:28 PM

Ive seen the Port Brown interior and it looks kind of muddy to me....It would have been nice if they offered the same color brown that the m3 has...it looks alot richer.....
Old 03-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: '07 650 Vert
Quote:

Great car. It just needs the gray top. That's what I've spec'd for a 650 vert -- or an M6 if I lose my mind and spend that kind of $$$ on a car.

Last edited by BigHat; 03-17-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:02 PM
///M for Motor Sports!

Mein Auto: No More 6 Series
Finally!

Well golly sergeant.

Hope it works out for you.

2008 Alpine White, Portland Brown ///M5 (SMG)
2008 Alpine White, Fox Red ///M3 (6MT)
2008 Sapphire Black, Black 750Li
Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 PM

Mein Auto:
So, topfinadv - Is your M6 still holding it's value?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:53 AM

dont know yet malibu, ill keep u updated after i pick it up....hopefully now while still in the dealer prep area it hasnt depreciated yet!!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: a steak
Quote:
Really? These photos were taken two days after the car wash and after a few hour drive.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Greeney
Mein Auto: BMW 330Xi
Quote:

Those photos look familiar

330Xi | SG | Terra/Alum | Step | ZPP | ZSP with 162s | CW | PDC | CA | 5er iDrive | Sirus | OEM iPod Adapter |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M6 Cab | Silver Grey | Indy Red/Carbon Fiber | CA | Sirus | OEM iPod Adapter |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-28-2007, 05:28 PM

So I wound up changing my order because the dealer couldnt get that car...so now Im slated for delivery next week on a triple black vert,6 speed manual,HUD,CF,enhaced stereo,comf access,SAT,soft close doors and HD radio.....what do u guys think?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:50 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
So I wound up changing my order because the dealer couldnt get that car...so now I'm slated for delivery next week on a triple black vert,6 speed manual,HUD,CF,enhanced stereo,comf access,SAT,soft close doors and HD radio.....what do u guys think?
I hope it isn't losing its value yet. I also think you will be very happy. The only thing I wouldn't get would be CF. I would have gone for the red leather with that combo, but I understand you're taking what's in inventory. The CF is striking with the red leather. I do like the SMG very much, too. I think I would get tired of the clutch pedal (but I am now an old geezer). Will you be able to get real time traffic with the HD radio?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
So I wound up changing my order because the dealer couldnt get that car...so now Im slated for delivery next week on a triple black vert,6 speed manual,HUD,CF,enhaced stereo,comf access,SAT,soft close doors and HD radio.....what do u guys think?
I would be most concerned about the tranny. BMW ruined the M5 with the manual. The DSC/DTC cannot be turned off on the M5 and so the car throttles back.

I suspect the same will be true for the 6. The SMG tranny can have the DSC/DTC turned off.

So you may never realize 500 horses.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:35 PM

I think Ill be able to get real time traffic with HD...My friend has an M5 with a manual and has no problems at all, so I guess we will wait and see...I just like the interaction better with a manual....I had a SMG in my M3 and although it was great after awhile I got bored just flicking the paddle.....
Old 03-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think Ill be able to get real time traffic with HD...My friend has an M5 with a manual and has no problems at all, so I guess we will wait and see...I just like the interaction better with a manual....I had a SMG in my M3 and although it was great after awhile I got bored just flicking the paddle.....
I agree, manuals are fun. The SMG is a nice compromise.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
I would be most concerned about the tranny. BMW ruined the M5 with the manual. The DSC/DTC cannot be turned off on the M5 and so the car throttles back.

I suspect the same will be true for the 6. The SMG tranny can have the DSC/DTC turned off.

So you may never realize 500 horses.
Sure he will. When he's going 156 MPH in 5th gear (7700 RPM).
Old 03-28-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
The only thing I wouldn't get would be CF. (but I am now an old geezer).
PRECISELY!!!!!!!!

Get with the program buddy boy...CF is here to STAY! It is the FUTURE! Wood is Old School.

So... let's review!

WOOD

CARBON FIBER

ANY QUESTIONS????
Old 03-28-2007, 09:54 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR4CE1 View Post
PRECISELY!!!!!!!!

Get with the program buddy boy...CF is here to STAY! It is the FUTURE! Wood is Old School.

So... let's review!

WOOD

CARBON FIBER

ANY QUESTIONS????
I do not wish to discuss my wood with you.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
I do not wish to discuss my wood with you.
Especially NOW!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:55 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR4CE1 View Post
Especially NOW!
Pre-vert.