Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750 Li
2002 745li

So I have had my car for almost 30 days now. Car has stalled on me twice in the past few days. Engine malfunction light on and off for the past week. Transmission downshifts when almost stopped causing me to lunge foward almost rear ending another car. I have a stain on the headliner and seems that a seal on the windshield is leaking water in. My navigation screen is dim some times, fine on others. Speakers cut in and out. Already been rewired by BMW once and still having problems. Dealership changed out seals in tranny to help the shifting problems, no luck. Still downshifts funny. Idles at 500 or below and continues to stall out.

I was reading a post last week about restraint system failure and was telling the guy I work with that this is the only thing that has not malfunctioned in my car. That day... That same exact day, as we were heading to lunch, he said you have to be kidding me. Sure enough, the light came on. I have never had a car that was this nice and have this many problems. I have had mercedes that never had problems and as many as this.

Anyone have BMW NA contact #? Not the way I pictured my first 7 series.
Luckily enough, all is under warranty.

Any help appreciated.
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Master of the Universe

Mein Auto: 2004 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgriffith007 View Post
So I have had my car for almost 30 days now. Car has stalled on me twice in the past few days. Engine malfunction light on and off for the past week. Transmission downshifts when almost stopped causing me to lunge foward almost rear ending another car. I have a stain on the headliner and seems that a seal on the windshield is leaking water in. My navigation screen is dim some times, fine on others. Speakers cut in and out. Already been rewired by BMW once and still having problems. Dealership changed out seals in tranny to help the shifting problems, no luck. Still downshifts funny. Idles at 500 or below and continues to stall out.

I was reading a post last week about restraint system failure and was telling the guy I work with that this is the only thing that has not malfunctioned in my car. That day... That same exact day, as we were heading to lunch, he said you have to be kidding me. Sure enough, the light came on. I have never had a car that was this nice and have this many problems. I have had mercedes that never had problems and as many as this.

Any help appreciated.
Wow, the 2002s must be terrible -- everyone is reporting these horror stories. I have a few friends with 2003 or newer 7 series with little or no problems. I have had a couple electronic glitches, but thats to be expected, (or at least the norm) on high tech luxury cars.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Meet You There

Mein Auto: 2003 745i
yeah really the stories never end. I have an 03 and have had no problems whatsoever(knocking on wood) other than the normal oil changes and the scheduled visits.....
Old 03-27-2007, 10:01 AM

Mein Auto: 745 Li
2002 745 Engine Malfunction

Recently, I had same problems. Service guys changed twice plugs and coils on two cylinders and finally decided for some major work, ordered by BMWNA. The car is sitting for three weeks in shop. What I understood, it is a complete replacement of gaskets, some kind "Valvetronic Risers", injectors.... Allegedly, only parts cost over $ 3k. I heard conversation, rather screaming of one owner of this car in Service, about same thing, so I believe, there are some issues with this model
Old 03-30-2007, 07:11 AM
BMW NA Customer Relations

Mein Auto: B M W
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgriffith007 View Post

Any help appreciated.
Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím very sorry to read about these issues with your 745Li. If you and your BMW center would like our assistance, please give us a call at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200708900467 so that we can help you more efficiently.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745i
Quote:

Any help appreciated.

Reply With QuoteJust wondering... when you took the car in and told them it stalled what did they tell you? There was nothing they could do? Because they told me they could not do anything cuz there was no fault code to help them figure out what was wrong. So they just give me the car back... Its unsafe to drive a car that stalls... WHat did they do for you???
Old 04-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750 Li
Diamond,

Been in shop since friday, no word back yet. I was told by BMWNA that if you can be specific in describing, and tell the dealership they can problemshoot it like that. My engine light is off now but has been on and off a few times now. Starting to hate these cars!