Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745i
I think my adaptive ride control is screwed up or off please help!!

I have a 2002 745i... I have a spare on the back but it is a full size 19 inch spare so i dont think its causing the problem and if i had auto leveling suspension id think it would compensate for it anyways... However the driver side of my car is about 2 inchs higher then the passenger side!! i measured it on level ground... There is nothing alerting me like it should be it should tell me my car is not level.. And in the IDRIVE under car settings i believe i should have settings for EDC which i can set for comfort or sport. But the option does not even apear on my screen!! Iam really lost right now could someone please help before i lose my car for 2 weeks to the dealer?? Thank you!! Oh and another think when i check my fuse box i had no fuses installed for the auto leveling suspension so i put them in and it did nothing i believe the fuse numbers were 62 and 72....
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2007, 04:00 AM
///M for Motor Sports!

Mein Auto: No More 6 Series
Uh, oh... You have been duped! Check with a member on this forum who validates VIN numbers. Obviously you want to go to the dealer but check with this member first and or do your homework about the real options you have on your CPO.

In any event, you hydraulics seems to be on tilt. Bad for tyre wear and tear, get it checked out pronto.

2008 Alpine White, Portland Brown ///M5 (SMG)
2008 Alpine White, Fox Red ///M3 (6MT)
2008 Sapphire Black, Black 750Li
Old 03-16-2007, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745i
Since my car fax report checks out fine and says theres no damage at all... If it comes back from BMW saying it was crashed and needs all the suspension components need to be replaced would that fall under the carfax buyback guarantee???
Old 03-16-2007, 08:08 PM
///M for Motor Sports!

Mein Auto: No More 6 Series
I never used carfax, so I would not know.

2008 Alpine White, Portland Brown ///M5 (SMG)
2008 Alpine White, Fox Red ///M3 (6MT)
2008 Sapphire Black, Black 750Li
Old 04-03-2007, 08:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745 LI
I think I have the same problem you do. I just paqrked my car in the driveway and noticed it leaning towards the passenger side. It was not that way when I left work...

What was the final outcome on yours?

Thanks