Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:23 PM

Mein Auto: x5
Angry iDrive Crashed!

Okay, so I've had my 2007 x5 3.0 for 3 days and my iDrive has completely crashed. whereas others talk about having to reboot, mine won't come on at all. bought it in springfield, mo- 2hours away from my home, took it to my local service provider and they told me i had to wait 22 days to get in b/c had i bought it from them, they would have gotten me in earlier, but b/c i chose to buy from another dealer, i was basically s.o.l. has anyone else had this problem and if so, do you know the root cause and whether there is something i can do to "fix" it? nothing works, not even my radio.
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhassing View Post
Okay, so I've had my 2007 x5 3.0 for 3 days and my iDrive has completely crashed. whereas others talk about having to reboot, mine won't come on at all. bought it in springfield, mo- 2hours away from my home, took it to my local service provider and they told me i had to wait 22 days to get in b/c had i bought it from them, they would have gotten me in earlier, but b/c i chose to buy from another dealer, i was basically s.o.l. has anyone else had this problem and if so, do you know the root cause and whether there is something i can do to "fix" it? nothing works, not even my radio.
I would call BMW NA directly and tell them your problem and I would also tell them how you were treated at the dealership. That is just plain wrong!!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:02 AM

Mein Auto: x5
Thanks Denaliman. I called BMWof NA and the woman I spoke to was very nice, but as far as being helpful, I'm not sure. She did say she was going to call the service manager at the place that basically told me to get in line for 22 days, but when I asked her if anyone else was having this problem with iDrive she said no. After reading the posts, I think maybe they are not being forthright with me. So now, it's 8 in the morning my time and I'm going to take the 2 hour trip to the dealership where I bought it.
Going back to iDrive though, if anyone else has had this issue, please let me know what you/the BMW did to fix it. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again, but....I'll keep my fingers crossed.