Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 335i convertible
Photos of 328i/335i Convertible - Interior/Exterior Colors

I am so torn in my decision making on the color choice I want to order, and I know there are others who are undecided as well.

I think it would be a huge help to have a thread of members actual photos that display the color possibilites. While I have already seen many of your gorgeous pictures in separate threads, I think combining it all in this one post could help people visually make their minds up. I know it would help me.

So if you have already gotten your new convertible please post your picture here, so those that have not, can have a one-stop place to compare all possibilities at once. I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by PollyBoston; 04-20-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2007, 07:36 AM

BMW Munich

Wouldn't it be awesome if BMW created a link on their site that had actual photos of every single color combo of the 328i/335i convertible produced so far???? The "build a car" option colors do not give me a true sense of what the car will look like at all.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:40 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
You need to go to e90post.com. The work has already been done for you. Links to photos of cars are on the main page.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Sup3rman

Mein Auto: '11 E90 AW M3/ '11 AW X5d
http://www.e90post.com/

Go to the bottom, and you'll find every official color from BMW in both sedan and coupe. Look through the "official post" as they call it. Every color combo I've looked for has been in there, and I think I've looked for some pretty rare ones.

2007 335i Coupe - 6MT Alpine White/Saddle Brown ED 5/23/2007 (retired)

ED Trip Report W/ Pics (And Engagement Story/Pics)
Old 04-20-2007, 08:04 AM

Thanks 335i, mohgan,
I have seen that link before I was hoping to see the combos and how it looks in the 328i/335i convertible. They seem to be mainly sedan and couple pictures. It would be great to have something like that for the convertibles as well. Angles of the color combos with the hardtop down. Just my opinion.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Sup3rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyBoston View Post
Wouldn't it be awesome if BMW created a link on their site that had actual photos of every single color combo of the 328i/335i convertible produced so far???? The "build a car" option colors do not give me a true sense of what the car will look like at all.
Pictures don't do them any justice either. Most of the paint/interior schemes change with the weather - sunny and cloudy days will make the car look completely different from one another. Most dealers are also conservative with what they order for their lots. I have seen pics of only 1 other 335i with my color scheme. I'm sure there are more out there, but the dealer would never order it they way I did. If you can't find an exact color combo, be creative. Find the interior and exterior colors you want to see, and gather some pics. I'm sure if we all played nice, we could get a photoshop of the two fairly easily. Post up some pics of the different color combo's and I'll see what I can do - or just say what color combo you want to see, and someone may be nice enough to snap some pics or direct you to some.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:14 AM

Wow thanks 335i! Good idea...
I have seen the space gray and coral red interior which looks great.. was curious what the titanium silver looks like with the coral red. I'm wondering if the silver is too light compared to the shade of the red (with the brushed aluminum trimmings). Does anyone have this combo?

Your car sounds beautiful. Did you have trouble making your initial choices? I understand about the outside lighting condition not doing it justice. BMW has made such a gorgeous driving machine I don't think you can lose with any color really.

Last edited by PollyBoston; 04-20-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:35 AM

Mein Auto: '07 335i convertible
Here's an unusual color combination for you, although only a little of the Platinum Bronze exterior shows in this shot ...

Retired:

92 325i Coupe, White over Grey, 5MT

95 M3, Red over Tan, 5MT

98 M Roadster, Evergreen (aka "Gumby Green") over Evergreen/Black, 5MT

04 330Ci, Grey-Green over Natural Brown w/ Walnut; sports pkg, premium pkg, heated seats, Sirius, 6MT

Arrived 4/14/07:

07 335i Hardtop Convertible, Platinum Bronze over Coral Red/Black w/ Aluminum, nav, sports pkg, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, comfort access, park distance control, HD radio, Sirius, 6MT
Old 04-20-2007, 09:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 X5 M Sport
How did you order this combo if not available on site or brochure?
Old 04-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Sup3rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyBoston View Post
Wow thanks 335i! Good idea...
I have seen the space gray and coral red interior which looks great.. was curious what the titanium silver looks like with the coral red. I'm wondering if the silver is too light compared to the shade of the red (with the brushed aluminum trimmings). Does anyone have this combo?

Your car sounds beautiful. Did you have trouble making your initial choices? I understand about the outside lighting condition not doing it justice. BMW has made such a gorgeous driving machine I don't think you can lose with any color really.
The titanium silver color is like a liquid aluminum color, very very light. A lot ot BMW's are painted this color - Very popular. I saw space gray with coral and sparkling graphite with coral and really liked them (not much color difference, but some), but I don't think the lighter aluminum color would be the best fit for coral. I don't know that it would contrast well with TiAg, and that's usually why "out of the ordinary" interior colors make such a statement sometimes. I liked the coral, but wouldn't order it for myself. Not sure what it was, but it was just cool. Just my 2 pennies.

The entire fleet of the breast cancer BMW's is TiAg. Poke around here: http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/...s/udsk/default

or here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18073

or here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=18073&page=7

I would have gone with a sedan if they offered the gray poplar in them, but brushed aluminum was too much for me in all my color combo's.

I went with my first instinct of saddle, and that never changed. My first instinct of gray poplar never changed either. I can't stand regular wood grain in ANY car, so I went with one that was dark (almost a carbon). I guess I'm just not one of those people that like wood on everything. I had considered the sparkling graphite, but in the end, I stuck with white. #1, no charge for it, #2, saw it at sunset - #3, I've had 2 other white cars, and I think the lines are accentuated by a lighter color. You can just see a lot more of the car with it being white (or a light color in general) If they had a pearl white, I'd take that too. I just think white makes a sports car look a bit more elegant and refined...

Now an exotic, well that's a different story.

Last edited by 335i; 04-20-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 AM

Mein Auto: '07 335i convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckm1515 View Post
How did you order this combo if not available on site or brochure?
You asked, and I answered, the same question on another thread, but since you missed it, I'll paste my response here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ordered the car as soon as my dealership (Hendrick BMW in Charlotte) was taking orders -- 10 weeks ago, or so, if I recall correctly -- and the color combination wasn't an issue. It showed up on his list as an "approved" combination, as it did on the brochure/ordering guide linked at the top of this forum:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180812

I was quite surprised when, some weeks after my order, the configurator for the convertible appeared on the BMW USA website, and the plat bronze/coral combo was x-ed out. I have not seen the print version of the brochure, but I gather from your statement that the combo isn't offered there, either.

So, maybe I have a rare bird. Maybe they saw my car on the assembly line, and said "Oh, my GAWD, never again!"

All I know is that the subject never came up in my discussions with the dealer. No indication that it was a special order of any kind. And, as you see, it arrived as ordered, exactly two days earlier than my dealer's estimate.

Retired:

92 325i Coupe, White over Grey, 5MT

95 M3, Red over Tan, 5MT

98 M Roadster, Evergreen (aka "Gumby Green") over Evergreen/Black, 5MT

04 330Ci, Grey-Green over Natural Brown w/ Walnut; sports pkg, premium pkg, heated seats, Sirius, 6MT

Arrived 4/14/07:

07 335i Hardtop Convertible, Platinum Bronze over Coral Red/Black w/ Aluminum, nav, sports pkg, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, comfort access, park distance control, HD radio, Sirius, 6MT
Old 04-20-2007, 10:06 AM

Love, love, love..

Looooooooooooooooooove that liquid silver metalic look. Thanks for your great post 335i.
After seeing this shade I'm moving towards the titanium silver with the coral red interior. As for the brush aluminum trimmings not sure if that would be too too much, or just the right accent to compliment the outside liquid silver look????? Perhaps, order the chrome roundel stickshift and the silver plated floor brake/gas/footrest to tie the look of the outside with the inside. Decisions, decisions.

I am drawn to the uniqueness of the coral red seats it gives it a very sensual warm feeling IMO. (My bedroom walls are a warm shade of red and looks great so I think I'll like it.) I think the liquid silver shade on the outside could just be the shade for me.

Now if I could only find a photo of the titanium silver with the coral red interior with brushed aluminum trim... I'd be all set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	msport1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	104895  

Last edited by PollyBoston; 04-20-2007 at 11:04 AM.