Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Old 04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Son of AlpinaDude!

Send a message via AIM to DrDub
Mein Auto: 96' Estoril Bloo M3
Lol, I never saw his shots from last year. I call a spot in my dads Alpina! I could sleep in that thing...
Old 04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
...is never off duty.

Mein Auto: E46 323i & E36 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
Plenty of seats, not so many parking spots. The guys driving 7ers will be popular that night (Dave Clement's 750iL is an especially cushy ride. Hopefully he'll leave the lawnmower handle at home this year).
I am sure if he had that again a few guys could hang off it? I never figured out what the deal with that was...

Steve also has a 7 and always taxis guys over.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:19 AM
fellow female ///M driver

Send a message via AIM to bCaHnIaCnKa
Mein Auto: 2005 M3 ZCP CB/Cinna
or . . . . we could just take a taxi . . .

2005 ///M3, Carbon Metallic Black / Cinnamon Leather, ZCP, Nav, Premium, Cold Weather, Huper Optik 30% All Around, Painted Reflectors, Matte Blacked Out Side & Kidney Grills, Titanium Angel Eyes, Rogue Engineering El Diablo Exhaust, V-CSL Rear Diffuser, V-CSL Trunk Lid, V-CSL Front Bumper w/ Fog Light Ducts, HID Fog Lights Upgrade
Official Boobies Club Member #169
Old 04-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bCaHnIaCnKa View Post
or . . . . we could just take a taxi . . .
I was thinking about that myself, but I can bet you that Taxi's will be few and far between, at least at certain times of the night.

I remember last year, or was it the year before, that when people got back from being out playing really late, they came back and there were NO parking spaces available at the hotel, so they told them to park across the street at IHOP!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Retired Slacker

Mein Auto: A car.
Pencil us in for two Saturday night. Im 80% sure we are going to Bimmerfest.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwcat View Post
Pencil us in for two Saturday night. Im 80% sure we are going to Bimmerfest.
Sorry, but the E-Bar dinner reservation's closed on Monday.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

From the first post:Edit: Note that registration closes 2 weeks from today on April 23rd.

E-Bar dinner reservation's closed!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Retired Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
From the first post:Edit: Note that registration closes 2 weeks from today on April 23rd.

Keith lets be a little flexible here. We're all down there to have a good time!!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Keith lets be a little flexible here. We're all down there to have a good time!!
Did you not bother reading any of the information we posted when you announced to this thread on the day registration closed that the E-bar was now in your plans?
Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Retired Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
Did you not bother reading any of the information we posted when you announced to this thread on the day registration closed that the E-bar was now in your plans?
Hey whoa guys we're not 100% sure we can make it to SB due to some health issues.
What's the problem with making it to dinner and paying there???
Old 04-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Flexible, are you kidding me?
I sent Evites out Feb 11th for the folks that wanted to join a PRE-PAID dinner, so where am I supposed to be flexible.
If people wanted an Evite, whether it was for the caravan or the dinners, or both,they emailed me their info and I sent it to them.
Some chose to join, some said no thanks and some decided to view it and ignore it without ANY reply, sooo, now those people that responded and paid WILL have a good time.

THEN Melissa AND Cliff offered this to others here for all to see, saying that it would close the 23rd of April and it did, again, where am I going wrong here?

The E-Bar has been contacted in the time frame they needed to prepare and we will be there to have a good time.

If you have any other suggestions feel free to contact me by PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Retired Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

It's starting to sound like my wife and I arent really welcome at your GTG. If we make it we will find another party. I'm very disappointed in you, Keith and Cliff.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:10 PM
TMS

Quote:
Hey whoa guys we're not 100% sure we can make it to SB due to some health issues.
What's the problem with making it to dinner and paying there???
The E-Bar needs a guaranteed headcount well in advance of the night of the dinner (they probably got that this afternoon), and payment in full in advance for the dinner.

If Keith wants to cut you some slack, that's his choice (edit: and it looks like that decision has been communicated in this thread). I am just the one managing the logistics of registration and the collection and transmission of payments to Keith. Forget making a decision the night of the event, that's just not going to happen. Registration closed on Monday because that's when we needed to know who was coming.

Last edited by Cliff; 04-25-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:20 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 M3/4
Quote:
It's starting to sound like my wife and I arent really welcome at your GTG. If we make it we will find another party. I'm very disappointed in you, Keith and Cliff.
There were hundreds of people welcome in the E-vite and thousands of people welcome from all the forums this has been posted on. You and your wife were included in that welcome, you chose to ignore the time frame. What do you think will happen if everyone wants to show up last minute?...NOBODY gets in.

How about showing a little respect for a couple people spending a LOT of their own time to organize events such as this.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:35 PM
It's not all that bad...

Mein Auto: 01 M coupe, 05 M3
Quote:
Bmwcat,

I don't think I have met you, but I do know Cliff and Keith. The following is my opinion, I do not speak for anyone but myself.

The E-bar dinner has been a pre-paid event for several years. Keith has put in his own time organizing both the caravan, and the E-bar get together. This year it appears that Cliff is also helping with organizing the dinner. Believe me, these are thankless tasks, which take quite a bit of time and effort. With the large number of people who go to the dinner, they really have to set a deadline and stick to it. It's the only way they can make the arrangement with the E-bar.

Please don't think that you are not welcome at our get together. Unfortunately, circumstances didn't work out this time. It appears that you were not able to determine with certainty that you were going to be able to attend bimmerfest. And it also appears that you thought that it should not be too difficult to add a couple of extra people to the list. But that is not the case. The arrangement with the Elephant Bar was made long ago, and the deadline was communicated.

I can understand that Keith and Cliff may seem a bit brusque in their responses, but as I said, they are performing a thankless task.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank both Keith and Cliff for their efforts to make my Bimmerfest more enjoyable.

I would also hope that you understand the situation, and I would like to meet you at the 'fest. After all, that's the original purpose of Bimmerfest; to meet in-person those people who we only know on the message boards.

Regards,

Kurt
Old 04-25-2007, 06:49 PM
TMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Martin View Post
I can understand that Keith and Cliff may seem a bit brusque in their responses, but as I said, they are performing a thankless task.
Brusque? Brusque?!? First you call my car bulbous, and now you term me brusque? That's OK Kurt, you can still drive my car from SB to the lunch stop in Morro Bay on Sunday...

(There is no nice way to say no, but at some point rules are rules and no is the final answer. It's not like our communications on this were in any way unclear.)
Old 04-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Retired Slacker

We will find dinner and drinks elsewhere. As they say on Seinfeld:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	soupnazi2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	105499  
Old 04-27-2007, 01:11 PM
fellow female ///M driver

Send a message via AIM to bCaHnIaCnKa
Mein Auto: 2005 M3 ZCP CB/Cinna
Quote:
We will find dinner and drinks elsewhere. As they say on Seinfeld:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

2005 ///M3, Carbon Metallic Black / Cinnamon Leather, ZCP, Nav, Premium, Cold Weather, Huper Optik 30% All Around, Painted Reflectors, Matte Blacked Out Side & Kidney Grills, Titanium Angel Eyes, Rogue Engineering El Diablo Exhaust, V-CSL Rear Diffuser, V-CSL Trunk Lid, V-CSL Front Bumper w/ Fog Light Ducts, HID Fog Lights Upgrade
Official Boobies Club Member #169
Old 05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Team EuroProjektz Member

Send a message via AIM to s4play Send a message via Yahoo to s4play
Mein Auto: Lotsa Toys!
Some people just don't have a clue what it takes to oragnize an event so monumental in size.....forget those guys!

thanks Keith and Cliff for making this event more than just about the cars!

And super thanks for the hotel room hookup

rick