Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Old 05-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to DaKine
Mein Auto: 2002 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG67 View Post
Did you make it up MG?

I think that all of the Dutch people who attend bimmerfest are the main problem.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:56 AM

Mein Auto: Car
DaKine I understand where you are coming from. I was just reading on Bimmerforums about the fight and someone mentioned how it started and people leaning on other people's cars as if they were their own, which reminded me of when I was at the Brembo tent talking to Dani(blonde girl) and another rep, Bob, about some products and this kid just walks right up to the white 3 series they had at the tent and this kid(late teens early 20s) just gets in the car cuz the door was unlocked. Bob went over and told him nicely to get out of the car and the kid said something about being unlocked and Bob was just like NO! Then the kid had the balls to ask him why he couldnt get in the car, it was obvious he was trying to show off for his friends. I am 22 myself and I couldnt not believe what I was seeing. I have been to many car shows and have never thought once about getting in to someone else's car, that is just asking for problems.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Disrespect is the basis of a lot of humor these days, and kids learn from an early age to try to get away with as much as possible. Parents aren't teaching kids respect because it's an uphill battle against media and peer influences.

The older generations grew up with a lot stricter parents, I think.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:42 AM
balla on a budget

Mein Auto: 325i, 525i (retired)
ghetto.

more of my opinion is on the linked bimmerforums thread.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Dreaming of a E-46 M3!!!

Send a message via AIM to deadcode2k Send a message via MSN to deadcode2k Send a message via Yahoo to deadcode2k
Mein Auto: BMW 2004 330I Dinan
It's just common sense not to get into somebody else is car. I remember the 1st day I bought my 330I. I went to go show it to my buddy at the strip joint he owns and this total jack ass was laying on the hood of my car like if he owns the ****. Some people are just idiots.

BMW 2004 330I DINAN
Black Sapphire Metallic-Ipod BMW Adaptor-Premium Package-Sport's Package-Steptronic-Xenon Headlights-Harmon Kardon-
Dinan Performance Free Flow Exhaust-Dinan Performance Auto Trans SW-Dinan Stage 3 Software-Dinan High Flow Throttle Body-Dinan High Flow Air Box.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:42 AM
SVSCME

Mein Auto: 650 coupe
I don't know what was said but as I looked over, someone threw his drink and hit the guy in the head. What was chicken sh*t about the whole thin was that 5 or 6 guys were beating on 1. No balls. It ended very quickly though.
2006 650i Coupe, Silver Gray, Black Interior, Dark Birch Trim , Sports Package, Steptronic, Cold Weather, L7 Premium Sound. Hardwired Passport 8500, E/D 1/11/06, Munich drop-off 1/17/06, re-delivery:3/7/06, rear window tint, M-5 replica wheels, Stop Tech pads, Cryo rotors, caliper covers, PS2's
2003 330i (wifes) sold 10/27/06 replaced with 530i (7/21/06 ED) 9/28/06 re-delivery
2001 540i (rear ended & totaled 8/17/05)
1986 535 e28 (beater, but working on restoration)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Bimmer Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to James740
Mein Auto: 1995 BMW 740iL
respect a man's car, a man respects you. isn't that a quote from the transporter or sumthing? lol

1995 BMW 740iL

Premium Sound
Cold Wthr Pckg
All Season Traction (ASC+T)
Comfort Seats

Old 05-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Take a look at how dogs act. They urinate all over the place to "mark" areas as "theirs." A lot of these frustrated, unappreciated, loser male types do the same thing, in a slightly different way.

The GF I had who got the Bavaria (see my sig, below) in 1972 when I bought the 3.0CS used to call the 3.0CS the "purple penis." While I did not have those issues (I hope!), a lot of young men put all of their identities into their cars, which become their phalusses. So, a combination of lack of self esteem, arrogance (or swagger) and lack of manners all contributes to behavior which will lead to shouting matches and fights. Add a few beers (or tequila shots) and it can get even worse. This crosses racial lines.

The fact that there was apparently only 1 fight like this is, in my view, pretty impressive, even though it was 1 fight too many. There were a lot of young men at this thing.

The fact that there was just the one altercation says a lot for the organizers. So, Jon Dooley should not be hanging his head down right now but holding it up high.

Unfortunately, we can't legislate against bone heads. At least not yet. (I am hoping the BMW lawyers invent something that can tell us who they are on our iDrive screens.)
Old 05-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Don't worry, be happy

Mein Auto: '05 645Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Please don't ban me!

Good thing I didn't see this when it happened...

It always cracks me up when you think about the events leading up to the fight, and the probable machismo that gets the situation escalated to that point. Then, when people are throwing down, you see girlie kicks and girlie punches
Old 05-07-2007, 12:56 PM

Mein Auto: doh zar doh
u guys have ur information all wrong, some of u dont know what ur talking about or whats going on,
know what ur talking about before u spam out bs
Old 05-07-2007, 01:11 PM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by titdirt View Post
u guys have ur information all wrong, some of u dont know what ur talking about or whats going on,
Instead of posting a completely useless post like you just did, why don't you tell your version of the story so we have an idea of what was going on?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 05-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_jev View Post
Instead of posting a completely useless post like you just did, why don't you tell your version of the story so we have an idea of what was going on?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Just a Gigolo

Mein Auto: '02 540iA '05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_jev View Post
He can't because it would play out exactly like Malibubimmer wrote above. Too much machismo and no common sense. What possible valid reason could there be to explain high school type behaivor in the picture?
'05 M3 Track Beast - Ground Control coilovers - APEX Arc8's in Nitto NT01's - Fabspeed Headers - ESS Tune - Auto Club 1:58.5 - Streets 1:29.9
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."—President Bush; Interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006
Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 PM
...is never off duty.

Mein Auto: E46 323i & E36 328is
I get it!

It's all one big secret if immature behavior. Surprise!

Old 05-07-2007, 01:36 PM

Mein Auto: doh zar doh
thats not micky mouse.. its tit dirt!
Old 05-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Retired Official Welcomer

Mein Auto: 2007 550i, 2002 M5
Well, both of the posts have shown how mature they are...........NOT!
ED pick-up 9/17/2014 2015 Yas Marina Blue M4~Black full Merino leather~Executive Package~Drivers Assistance Plus~Lighting Package~Adaptive M Suspension~19" Black Light-Alloy Style 437 wheels~Carbon Fiber trim~HK audio systems~6MT

Greta is for SALE. 2002 M5
Old 05-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to CleanAzzE30z
Mein Auto: '86 325e, '90 2.5 ///M3
This kind of thing is unavoidable if you also in the same hand want to continue to make Bfest grow. SO many people come because of the popularity that by default you get a wider variety and inevitably (as has been the case for the past 2 Bfests) bring a lower class element. These past 2 years have seen a surge in a certain group of people that have tarnished Bfests reputation a bit. Im saying this statistically speaking since Ive been to every Bfest but the first one. Jon, if you need help and/or suggestions, let me know. Ive met you a few times and we had breakfast a few years back. Overall minus this bullsh*t fighting, Bfest was just as fun as I expected.

Mariano

[img]http://www.*************/forum/image.php?u=37&dateline=1016142865[/img]

1990 Diamantschwarz 2.5L ///M3
1986 Alpinweiss 325e/4
Old 05-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Bored

Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
Quote:
:asshole: :gay:

Old 05-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Overly Intellectual

Quote:
Please make the effort to type your posts using English and not "texting" English. It'll make your opinion more credible.

This post makes you look like an unsophisticated teen with no education.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: Dirty-Thirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_m5 View Post
Please make the effort to type your posts using English and not "texting" English. It'll make your opinion more credible.

This post makes you look like an unsophisticated teen with no education.
fo sho.... deez dam kidz
Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Retired Slacker

Mein Auto: A car.
We never saw any fight, in fact, we never made it into the main parking lot. A kid next to me did have an epilectic seizure and hit the cement pretty hard with his head at the raffle. I hope he's OK. For an event of this size the overall vibe was pretty good.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Bimmer Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to James740
Mein Auto: 1995 BMW 740iL
seriously, who cares? kids got into a fight, they dont know how to fight, and look like imbeciles. lol god i love this forum...

1995 BMW 740iL

Premium Sound
Cold Wthr Pckg
All Season Traction (ASC+T)
Comfort Seats

Old 05-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Bring the 'fest to Dallas

Send a message via AIM to Buyse13
Mein Auto: 01 325i ZSP
i saw a photo sequence of it over on e46fanatics. it just looks like two guys who are learning how to walk. kind of pathetic really.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 530i Sport PKG
Seeing this kind of stuff makes me sad, especially because I think those guys are the same race as me. On behalf of most of us who are actually normal, im sorry for the trouble caused by a couple of ********* little kids.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Overly Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Paruyr View Post
Seeing this kind of stuff makes me sad, especially because I think those guys are the same race as me. On behalf of most of us who are actually normal, im sorry for the trouble caused by a couple of ********* little kids.
Race has nothing to do with behavior, in my opinion. I have friends of all races, and it's not fair to say that any race is any more belligerent than another.

I think age and culture might be big factors though. Obviously, these guys didn't have good male role models growing up.

I don't want people blaming me for the actions of random people who happen to be in my race, and I'll reciprocate that respect.